It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois careens into financial meltdown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't know your age or if you're a homeowner but don't wait until it's too late to sell and relocate and gain solid employment. It could be your wife's friends may not be there long.

It might be time to do some strategic planning based on logicistics and facts instead of emotions. Besides, now with FB and other social media, friends are just a keyboard or microphone away.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
a reply to: carewemust

It might be time to do some strategic planning based on logicistics and facts instead of emotions. Besides, now with FB and other social media, friends are just a keyboard or microphone away.

I'll add that my wife's friend met her when we lived in NC around 2003-2004. We moved back to Georgia and they moved to Chicago, then they moved to Atlanta, back to Chicago and now to NC. In that time, their interactions via phone and text have remained unchanged. Stout, is correct. Leaving doesn't mean cutting all ties. In fact it's really easy to remain connected now.

You'll have to judge what's best for you but there would have to be a pretty serious reason now for me to ever consider Chicago or anywhere in Illinois as an option. Considering the economy, it would be unlikely you couldn't find a better job with better pay in comparison to cost of living elsewhere. Remember a lower wage isn't bad if the cost of living is much lower.

<< 1  2   >>

join