It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Needed Some Feel Good Stories...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

So I went and hunted for them. I didn't care about who or what organization did it. I was just looking at the act, the deed itself. And I found some pretty cool stories about people helping other people. People going out and being a positive influence on/in the lives of others. And animals doing the same thing too. Just wanted to post these for anyone interested.

Animals

Water Rescue

A calf loses its footing and falls into a pool, the mother elephant appears to panic – but another adult rushes over from the other side of the enclosure.

As the baby drifts towards the middle of the deep water, the pair of adults seemed to communicate silently and decided they would only be able to reach the youngster if they entered the water from the shallow end of the pool. link.

Giving Hugs to The Stray Dogs

Thailand is home to nearly a million stray dogs, according to Bangkok Post. Many of them have likely never experienced human affection, and Wisetsin has made it his mission to change that.

Wisetsin is using his dog hugging fame to promote I Am Green Heart, an organization in Thailand that is building a safe and loving home for stray dogs. link

Estella and Pip. Guinea Pig Gets a Second Chance.

Estella, the Guinea Pig has had a very traumatic life. 2 years ago she and her friend Pip were abandoned by her owners; injured and left on the side of the road in California. It was soon discovered that Estella was paralyzed. She was squeezed so hard by her previous owner that her back broke and since then she's been having to carry her lower body with all her upper body strength. But through it all, she's had all the support she needed..link

People Stories:

Be Kind, Get rewarded.

It's said manners cost nothing, but for customers at Cups, Roanoke, being polite could actually get them a discount.
Not only this, but rudeness comes with a financial penalty of sorts.This is sure to be music to the ears of anyone who has ever had to deal with an unpleasant customer .

"I decided because I need to solve all the injustices of the world to start charging more for people who didn't take the time to say hello and connect and realise we’re all people behind the counter," Simms told WDBJ. link

Selfless Act

A homeless man has used money was given by the hoards of people attending the Manchester Arena bombing to buy flowers for the site instead of food. Not once, but 6 times. link

Saving the day for Kids and their stuffed furry friends

Fort Carson veterinary technicians worked on their surgical skills Friday, but their animal patients may be more beloved than their usual four-legged clients.

The “injured” patients were care-worn teddy bears and other favored stuffed friends of the post’s children. The soldiers worked on their stitching and returned the mended friends to grateful kids. Link

Bike Give Away

Based on smiles, hugs and tears of joy, it was hard to tell who was happiest or most satisfied: the 750 Denver kids who received brand-new, free bicycles, or the 4,800 volunteers who assembled the bikes.
Denver-based DaVita Inc., one of the largest kidney care companies in the United States, pulled off the feat, tapping mostly employees, in town for an annual multi-day company meeting, as the bike builders. link

There's a few to get started. I think I need to see more of this kind of stuff on a daily basis. If you have one to share please feel free to post it as well.

As always, thanks for reading!
blend57
edit on 20-6-2017 by blend57 because: Always an edit! : /

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Paramedic save doctor from burning car wreckage, 30 years after doctor saved him when he was born premature:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Syrian refugees feeding the homeless in Greece

discover-the-truth.com...
Love this thread, blend57

Peace.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
A baby was born. It existed. then died aged 78.

Smile !!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Smile !!

And in that 78 year journey, that soul saved two lives unawares, gave 28,673 hugs, made 9,231 strangers smile, raised 3 souls who gave even more hugs and smiles!

Smile!!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

originally posted by: badw0lf

Smile !!

And in that 78 year journey, that soul saved two lives unawares, gave 28,673 hugs, made 9,231 strangers smile, raised 3 souls who gave even more hugs and smiles!

Smile!!!!

touche brother..

You win that round

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Cheers, mate!

PS: You just made a stranger smile

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This one gets me every time.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

You know that new show, downward dog?

The dog was rescued from a shelter, and now he is a frigging star,

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
We all get time on this sensational planet. We have free will. We revel in our sensations; whether good or bad. We have an uncertain, yet prevailing belief, that the end of life is not the end of our existence. When you are desperately down, you can always say "this too will pass." Where you end is where you must begin. Love is within our capacity.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh, that was so touching. Thank you for sharing. I needed to be reminded of good people existing today.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

For what its worth here's some of my personal good news...

Was sent a picture of my nephews standing by the alien on a stretcher exhibit at the Roswell museum. Cool.

Found a copy of English translation of Malpertuis by Jean Ray in paperback and got the winning bid on a certain well known auction site. Waiting for the postman. It wasn't too expensive or I wouldn't have dared bid.

I never sleep well but in a couple more hours I'll go out and see sunrise for the solstice and probably get a call from a very good old friend cos he'll be be up too.

These are small things really but mean a lot to me and I don't often get the chance share.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Tulpa

Awesome you got to do things that you enjoy! The Roswell museum pic would be neat to see. And I understand about the sleep...if I get a full nights sleep I'm grateful. Nope, these are all good, positive things and I appreciate you and everyone else taking the time to post them!

Thanks to everyone who responded. It's really nice to see some positive things going on in the world.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Happy solstice Blend57 and everyone else.

I'm useless at trying to add things to posts by phone and no offence but I wouldn't put my nephews pics up without their permission.

The postman brought the book today so I'll be starting it soon.
I was up til after 5am. It was pretty light and the birds were getting rowdy but I fell asleep before going out to see the sun....typical. Hahaha.

Compliments on your thread. Nice to see some positivity for a change.

edit on 21-6-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

top topics

join