It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grenfell Tower firefighters 'put out fridge fire' before flats fire erupted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

The building had numerous safety problems such as fire extinguishers that needed to be replaced 6 or more years ago.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

As I said, the blame money goes down hill with those at the top of the money pile getting the less blame.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I just have to ask. Whoever in the world uses butane as a fuel for a damned refrigerator? Isnt this the 21st Century?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I agree, butane to power a fridge sounds so medieval.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

This was a fake most people are saying it's a hoax staged event.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingForABetterLife
a reply to: TonyS

I agree, butane to power a fridge sounds so medieval.

Butane isn't used to power the fridge, isobutane is the refrigerant (R6a). It is also used in many air conditioning units.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Has anyone seen an interview with a named Fireman who help put out the fridge fire, or a witness who saw the Brigade attend the Fridge fire?

If someone could point me to something, I'd be grateful.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I have been to Grenfell Towers and will probably be back there again this weekend, as I am setting up a team of therapists to work from various locations.
It's chaotic down there, and as such lot's of 'hearsay'.
Nobody has yet asked anywhere that I can see...where is this man who's fridge apparently blew up? He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I took one look at the the fact that it was a building full of migrants and automatically assumed one of them to not be an authentic refugee and had set the building on fire.

Kept telling everyone on FB from day one. Clear as day.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

No it's not as clear as day you idiot!
I have met some of the survivors, working families, England born and yes migrants too.
I met a little boy who lived in those flats who has lost his best friend who lived a few floors above him
....you hartless piece of s**t!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

where is this man who's fridge apparently blew up? He seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

What the ?

That's an interesting tidbit, raises far more questions than answers. Is there any ramblings from the media about this fridge guy ?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

www.express.co.uk...

FIREFIGHTERS had extinguished the fridge fire at Grenfell Tower and were leaving the block when the blaze flared dangerously out of control, it has been revealed.

Fire crews thought they had put out the blaze at the tower when they saw flames rising up the side of the building, firefighters told Panorama.

Now I don't know how valid the Express is as a news source but this news of putting out the fridge fire before any other fires started adds to the conspiracy issue off the main fire outside the building being set intentionally. As the burning tower stories started coming to the internet I'm almost certain that there was one story of someone pouring some sort of liquid on the outside of the building causing the fire. I wish I could find that story again.

No it doesn't the fridge caused a short which caused the wiring in the wall to get hot. In the UK they are higher voltage meaning more heat. This caught the interior wall on fire and they didn't notice until they got down to the street and looked up.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Hi Jane,

Valuable thing you are doing, well done. Perhaps these folks can help?

clownswithoutborders.org.uk...

I hope we find these people to quash the rumours that seem to grow more credible by the day.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

This although intersting, does not make a whole lot of difference in terms of resposnbility for the fire.

This is because, obtaining the original equipment manufactures manuals for all household appliances installed in the flats, or permitted to be used, is the start point for performing a risk assessement of the fire risk potential. These manuals will indicate what gas is used in fridges.

This can then be reasearched and feed into the fire risk assesment for the building and then into the over all risk assessment for the whole tower.

The findings of the risk assessment should then be supplied to the fire authorites for review, comment and recommendations.

Mind you, this same process would apply to all other forms of fire risk but for the sake of brevity i have kept it to fire from appliances.

Why am I certain that these actions would have been carried out for an accomodation tower block in mayfair?

edit on 21-6-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Worth a watch.. Panorama BBC.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

It is great what you are doing thank you!

Being on the ground, did you hear anything from survivors about a true number of tenants were living in that building? It seems nobody knows for sure, and I just cant buy the official few hundreds. Also is there any talk there about how many survivors there are? I saw a video somewhere with a lady, she lives in the neighborhood and she looked very angry saying she cant find anyone she knows (many people) and she says the dead toll will probably be in the hundreds in the end. My first thought when I saw the tower on fire was no way more than fifty people made it out. I do hope I am wrong.

Interesting you mentioned the man with the faulty fridge, I was just thinking about the same this morning, where is he?

Best,

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Doxanoxa

Thank you, I am sure they can, especially for the children. I will get in touch with them.
Thank you very much
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

I think that lady's video is pretty much spot on. One thing that really annoyed me this morning was this.
Myself and some therapist were there last Sunday and although a team of accupuncturists had been let into the Westgate Sports Centre the day before to see and treat the survivors that were indoors, by the Sunday no one other than the survivors Centre staff and 'council officials' were allowed in. So we were stuck outside to do the best we could.

One man a Russian I think came out and started talking to us about needing somewhere to live etc. We obviously couldn't help with that and I directed him to the Red Cross. I wasn't very sure about him, there was something off. It wasn't until I saw him walking in and out of the Centre and I thought that he was obviously one of the survivors. There were police on the door vetting people for their red wrist bands, and this man had one on.
One of the therapists who was with me that day sent me a message today with a picture and news article that this man in fact was a beggar and had been caught on Oxford Street with a placard claiming he was a survivor and begging for money. He was NOT a survivor, he has been arrested I believe.

Anyhoo...the reason I am so mad is how did he get a red wrist band to get in and out and was obviously not checked out properly, and yet we were not allowed in??? Fuming!

All I can tell you is that it us utter chaos down there (I travel from Gloucester to help). I have set up a group Complementary Support Teams UK, and we intend building on it over time, so we have teams based all over the UK ready to respond and follow straight in once any emergency services have done their bit. It is sorely needed.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

www.express.co.uk...

"What was this block built of? It was burning like a box of matches," said one. "It looked as if somebody poured burning liquid on top of it and ignited the fire."

Sorry if this is the only source for the pouring liquid bit but that quote is from some Russia fire expert.

Anything the Russians say has to be taken as propaganda.

for the last 20 years Russia has been running a campaign to make the west look bad.
And for the last 50 years they have done everything to deindustrialize the west.

This means making western products look bad,
Use the environmentalist movement block industries in the west.
They have gone after DU in weapons in the west because the weapons are good at taking out Russian tanks while at the same time building the own DU weapons stockpiles.

ECT ECT ECT

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join