It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it Finally Happened , Driver killed in Calais Migrant Road Block

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Grambler

No sympathy for idiots running into tailbacks. No. Yes. D'oh!

Maybe I'll buy a new pair of Grambler-Remembrance-Van's once I finished the next project. And I'll make sure it's properly trucked all the way from Vietnam, promise!

So if someone dies driving into the back of another vehicle, you have no sympathy for them, even if traffic had to abruptly stop because migrants were on the road.

Yeah that sounds like a pretty dumb opinion to have.

And please, no need to buy anything in remembrance of me. Try just not being an insensitive person with ignorant comments for a while, then you can think of me everytime you stop yourself from saying something stupid.

Hmmm not stupid to me, I don't have any sympathy either, the driver was obviously doing at least one of the following but probably multiple, going too fast, driving too close, not paying attention... He was driving dangerously, the reason you leave a good gap is exactly for this situation.

The only way I would have sympathy is if the guys brakes failed but failing that it's his own fault.

I have sympathy for his family though, they didn't deserve that.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

That was a great read.. simply you know toomuch.

lets end it here. 🍺

edit on 21-6-2017 by Pandaram because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I won't embed the YT clip here as it contains very explicit language...

But the footage is from a Hungarian trucker running the Calias gauntlet in 2015..

He doesn't sound like he's too happy about it..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The french have broken up those camps a few times, but the problem is, where do all those people go?
They spread all over the rest of France.
We're getting bogged down by them all.

The military probably will get in and do it again. I'll be seeing even more refugees in my village. We've got mostly black african families in ours- they actually haven't been problematic. People who just want a peaceful life for their children will come to places like this - small mountain villages.

The ones that are not as peaceful will go to the big cities, and eventually try to keep migrating out to other countries like the UK.

Blame the french all you like, but these people are mostly coming through Italy and Greece. The french can't afford, all by itself, to pay to ship all the hordes back to where they came from while they continue to flood in (and for the refugees of war... there is a problem with that. We don't exactly want to help Daesh grow, do we? ).

The quick answer to this is to get out of the European Union, close the borders between us.... except the people will keep flooding in to those other countries next to us, they certainly do not have the economic means to ship them back out. At some point the volume will be such that we won't be able to keep up those borders no matter how hard we try.

I think in situations like this it is easy to just point fingers and blame someone else and claim someone else should "do something". Often it isn't that simple though- and we need to consider that no man (and no country) is an island... even if they are, like the United Kingdom.

You could cut off all transport and exchange with other countries, wash your hands of all problems which plague neighbors. Would you really be able to survive and thrive simply off the materials available on your island? If so, that might be a good idea!

But eventually, I wonder if the flood might just start arriving heavily on your beaches too...

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram

That was a great read.. simply you know toomuch.

lets end it here. 🍺

Knowing too much does not make me right, I just have my opinion's and you your's so don't ever be cowed by big word's or seeming knowledge because how much of what I know is actually true anyway and how much was delivered on the grape vine with plenty of distortion along the way and you make a good argument too with an opinion that many people share.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I have a friend who is putting the hydraulics from a snow plow on his rig with a cow catcher on it. He will just blast through the debris, in this case a tree trunk, and launch it off the road, hopefully at the a$$holes who put it there. As for anyone who stands in front of his truck, well, stupid is as stupid does.

As for people blocking roads where I live, my wife and I talked about this situation in regards to when we are driving. If we encounter people blocking a road we have decided to simply drive though it. These people are proving to be more and more violent. They aren't just making a political statement. I told my wife to just aim for the thinnest part of the crowd, floor it, and use them for traction. I will hose the car off when she gets home. But the point is - she will get home.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I empathize with truck drivers despite the ignoramuses that think it's a breeze. 18 hours of non stop driving, penalties for not arriving, substance use and addiction...the last thing they need is to be cordoned off.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

EU tachograph rules state a driver can drive for no longer than four and a half hours without a break , 45 minutes must be taken before that time is reached , maximum driving time is 9 hours which can be extended to 10 hours on two occasions but to do that the driver must take another 45 minute break at 9 hours.

The old stereotypes no longer hold true although there can be penalties for the company if a timed delivery is late.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

But Economic Refugee's, greed is there driving force, they want what we have and will take it any way they can, instead of building up there own nation's they want to trash our's and they are actually being allowed to do so.

Correction the majority of them have seen their own countries trashed by western corporate controlled governments, working in cahoots with the Muslim Brotherhood. Remember how initially they were welcomed with open arms by many EU countries. Remember the headline news of a 4 year old boy drowned while escaping Syria and the call from the media to put these people up in our very homes?
My point is, this whole debacle has been engineered and dare I say it, that the so called refugees are being played in this as much as anyone else. Perhaps TPTB want to turn the whole of the EU into a kind of 1980's Northern Ireland except with it being Muslims versus non Muslims. If the rhetoric and hatred keeps up that's exactly what will happen with moderates being pulled over to one side or the other as the situation escalates.

My personal theory is that as part of the plans of the globalists for a one world government they need to have all the worlds countries on a level playing field, they don't intend to do this by pulling third world countries out of poverty but rather bring 1st world countries down to the level of 3rd world countries. Syria in fact was actually quite well off and fairly secular before the outbreak of civil war and ISIs, so was Libya until they suddenly fell out of favour with TPTB. I don't recall Iraq having any WMD's either or housing Bin Laden or having anything to do with 9/11...

How is it nearly every so called 1st world country is in debt up to it's eyeballs? Does anyone really imagine future generations are going to pay this off, we can barely make the interest payments lol. Except for Switzerland of course that some how manages to stay neutral in all wars and is home of the worlds major banks (money laundering operations) and BIZ(Bank of international settlements) funny all that isn't it?

People have mentioned ATS going downhill recently and judging by the amount of ignorant ranting posts I have read on this thread I completely agree (yours being one of the exceptions Labtech, but your still off the mark)

Wake up people, the information is out there, and the people truly responsible for the woes of the world are very few and far between. go after them for once won't you?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Correction the majority of them have seen their own countries trashed by western corporate controlled governments, working in cahoots with the Muslim Brotherhood.

Correction , the majority of them are coming from sub Saharan Africa and crossing via Libya , they are economic migrants not refugees.
Genuine asylum seekers go through the processes to gain refuge they do not try to sneak in through the back door.

We have a duty of temporary care for asylum seekers but once their country is safe for return return they should , economic migrants should be returned immediately.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Good point but I would say that the Corporation's have taken over the west almost entirely, they are not controlled BY the west THEY control the west.

It is not to set everyone against the Muslim's but to DIVIDE everyone, United we stand and DIVIDED we fall, if we stand as one they can not control us and democracy win's, if we are DIVIDED they win every time and they play a game of chair's so if one fall's they just move onto another but keep control and come out even more powerful than before.

They control the MEDIA, the MEDIA control's us, They OWN nearly all mainstream party's, in fact I would say ALL mainstream party's and so ensure there own guy or gal always get's into power.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I agree but even so they are still fleeing terrible live's and unstable nation's, it is not right that they are coming here but they are still human being's and each and every one of them is equal ethically to each and every one of us as far as the right to life is concerned, they are however not equally entitled to what belong's to us and our children and they are certainly not entitled to import crime or other problem's into our nation's.

In part it is a failing of the west to not help those country's but in a greater part it is the fault of those country's for putting into power the leaders they have whom have trashed them with corruption and internal coup's time and again.

There are however many decent people and many truly desperate souls among them.

The only solution is actually not on the book's and never will be, it is a bad taste solution for everyone but it would work, take those country's back over, put proper administration back in and built them up ourselves as part of a unified empire, of course that is not only regarded as a political no go and would cost huge numbers of troop's lives but it is the last thing we ever should have to do even for a humanitarian reason, they do not want us there but they want what we have here.

If we ever did that the only one's that we should never allow to do so are Belgium, oh the Portuguese were cruel B3459ds as well back then and so too were the Spanish but for the bulk of the British Empire we were more beneficial with the notable exception of Australia were aboriginal people's were hunted with a bounty on there heads as vermin and the Maori in New Zealand had there land's defrauded from them, from the early 1800's the British ran anti slavery naval patrol's often sinking and liberating slave ship's bound for the America's and also right up to the 1960's in the region of Arabia were slave skiff's full of black African's (such Saharan's) in chain's were regularly still being stopped taking them to the Arabian peninsular for sale, I think the last anti slavery patrol by the RN was about 1964 or 5 not sure though.

But my point is that under our rule there population's exploded, they were healthier than before by and large despite the many crime's of empire, they had less internal fighting (The Mao Mao were evil, one old timer whom fought them I know told he of a white farmer and his wife, they had castrated the farmer and after raping his wife to death sowed his penis into her mouth).

WE have to ask ourselves one thing though, if we were in there situation, life was short and hard, our home was a mud hut of a collection of scrap and junk formed into a rough shelter, we had no clean drinking water, could only look at the fantasy world of the west were the light's never go out and people always have enough food, there is a doctor when we need one and we don't have to pay and we even get a house and money to live on in some country's then would be not do the same thing or would we let our children grow up in the filth and disease that consists of our povertly riddled lives.

I think in fact we are them but have forgotten how to see it.

edit on 2-7-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join