It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it Finally Happened , Driver killed in Calais Migrant Road Block

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm a trucker , I don't do Continental runs but know drivers who do and drivers who are no longer willing take the risk , I've heard first hand of the gauntlet drivers are forced to run to just do their job , the French authorities are pathetic and do nothing but pay lip service to the concerns raised , the death of this driver should be a wake up call for them to get serious and take meaningful action.

Truckers have been warning for years now that it was only a matter of time until someone lost their life and today is the day those warnings have been born out.
A tried and tested tactic used by the migrants in Calais trying to illegally enter Britain is to place obstacles on the road so truckers are forced to stop allowing migrants to board their vehicles , on this occasion trucks were forced to stop due to tree trunks place on the road resulting in the death of a Polish van driver who's van burst into flames after he crashed into the trucks.

The deafness of French authorities to the warnings given leave them with the blood of this driver on their hands.

A driver was killed when a van crashed into lorries that had been forced to stop on a motorway near Calais by a makeshift barrier set up by migrants. The van, registered in Poland, burst into flames. The driver's identity is not yet known. Nine Eritreans were found in one of the lorries and taken into police custody. In 2016, the so-called Jungle migrant camp at Calais was closed, but hundreds of people have returned to the area in the hope of reaching the UK. Roadblocks, often built from tyres or rocks, were regularly placed on the A16 motorway leading to the port of Calais before the camp was dismantled in October. Migrants aimed to slow lorries down as they approached the port in the hope of climbing on board.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Sad and angry.
RiP the poor driver who lost his life , let's hope it wasn't in vain but that will never be a consolation to his family.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Very sad. I used to drive to France a lot, but now don't bother.. I have no interest in violent criminals pretending to be refugees car jacking my vehicle and attacking the family. Some of the scenes down there are like something from Mad Max.

edit on 20/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The army needs to be sent in to restore order, by force if nessary. The barabarians are litrally at our gates.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

with the blood of this driver on their hands.

Yeah. And every crash at the end of a tailback on the Autobahn is on Mutti Merkel.

Sorry but no. I'm a biker in a big city and 10 years ago the (mainly german) truckers were aware of the traffic on both sides of the road while they planned the next turn. Nowadays you can consider yourself lucky that the rising number of blindfolded truckers didn't kill you (yet), whilst blissfully ignoring any resemblance of the road traffic act. And yes, most of them aint Germans anymore. That's the cheap solution to the cheap Amazon boom right there, karma striking back in a very polished way. Osteerweiterung anyone?

Lighten up, one of your collegues might put an end to this sort of feedback any time soon. Another person leveled up the hard way, giving his life for a bunch of crap in the back of his van. For money. That's a very sad story indeed. One our industrialised world keeps writing on a daily basis, without any form of sympathy for it's victims btw.

But... but... but ... refugeeeez!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

That very thing will happen if the profits or business is interrupted.

I don't know if one death is enough to "kick the tires and light the fires".

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I've got nothing against refugees , refugees go through the process to gain entry into a country legally they do not put obstructions in the road break into a vehicle and try to sneak in , these were not refugees.

Yeah I've seen your trucks on our roads .... shocking.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Europe has allowed these people in, they do not really want them either and France has already hinted that when we come out of the EU they will do nothing to stop them leaving there country in the direction of Britain.

Many of these Migrant's are armed with knives and improvised weapon's which make's confronting them extremely dangerous for the drivers whose vehicle's they hijack and whose load's they vandalize.

The ONLY solution would be to send them ALL back were they came from and tell the vested interests whom are making a hell of a lot of money out of this to sod off back down the hole they came from too.

We tried to build up there country's, poured trillions and more into them, tried to teach them the concept of human right's but at every stage the vested interest's used that to promote there own corporate interests in those nation's diverting our foreign aid into the hand's of those nation's already corrupt leaders.

WE are not in any way shape or form responsible to these people and we actually owe them absolutely nothing however those vested interests (whom you may note also hijaked out own government's) do owe both these people and us a hell of a lot that we will never see again.

Our nation is being torn apart by these migrant's, A guy just lost the plot, either he lost his rag when he saw them or he just lost his mind but he in the event killed no one, a family guy from Cardiff with four kid's and everything to lose, that is how bad our country has become.

Something has to give somewhere and somehow and it has to give soon or there will be one massive social disaster and the blame lies squarely at the door of the government who seem to have utterly forgotten that responsibility and duty lie with our own people first and foremost.

They are not alone in this however as Brussels is well and truly betraying all of Europe to economic migrant's.

I do draw a distinction there, Economic Vs War refugee's, Genuine war refugee's want to go home but can not, they have been forced to flee because there lives are in danger, the lives of there children etc.

But Economic Refugee's, greed is there driving force, they want what we have and will take it any way they can, instead of building up there own nation's they want to trash our's and they are actually being allowed to do so.

Who is holding the whip today.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

with the blood of this driver on their hands.

Yeah. And every crash at the end of a tailback on the Autobahn is on Mutti Merkel.

Sorry but no. I'm a biker in a big city and 10 years ago the (mainly german) truckers were aware of the traffic on both sides of the road while they planned the next turn. Nowadays you can consider yourself lucky that the rising number of blindfolded truckers didn't kill you (yet), whilst blissfully ignoring any resemblance of the road traffic act. And yes, most of them aint Germans anymore. That's the cheap solution to the cheap Amazon boom right there, karma striking back in a very polished way. Osteerweiterung anyone?

Lighten up, one of your collegues might put an end to this sort of feedback any time soon. Another person leveled up the hard way, giving his life for a bunch of crap in the back of his van. For money. That's a very sad story indeed. One our industrialised world keeps writing on a daily basis, without any form of sympathy for it's victims btw.

What a sad disgusting person you are!

Yep, I bet you don't use any products that are transported by truck.

Seeing as how you find it so sad, why don't you move to one of the paradises where goods aren't transported by truck as much, like Afghanistan or perhaps Zimbabwe. I am sure you will love the lack of industrialization.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
The army needs to be sent in to restore order, by force if nessary. The barabarians are litrally at our gates.

They are already in our country - around 1 million illegals. Consider that the city councils are overworked with trying to catch out bed-in-a-shed landlords across the country:

www.arthuronline.co.uk...

It's not just the truckers who suffer. It's the residents of the nearby homes who suffer as well. They can't even put their laundry out on a washing line because it gets stolen. They can't even leave a door open on a hot Summer's day because there's the chance someone will sneak in and steal the food out of their fridge.

www.express.co.uk...
edit on 20-6-2017 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No sympathy for idiots running into tailbacks. No. Yes. D'oh!

Maybe I'll buy a new pair of Grambler-Remembrance-Van's once I finished the next project. And I'll make sure it's properly trucked all the way from Vietnam, promise!

edit on 20-6-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

There are still idiots from England going over there with donations of food, clothes etc and encouraging the setting up of another camp.
I've already fallen out with one or two people about this stupidity.
This mans death is even more sad considering that truckers have literally begged for something to be done about their security but all that's happened is that the drivers have been threatened with fines when one of these migrants manages to succeed in getting through. Sickening.
It was a predictable outcome which should have been dealt with a long time before it reached this point.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

There are still idiots from England going over there with donations of food, clothes etc and encouraging the setting up of another camp.
I've already fallen out with one or two people about this stupidity.
This mans death is even more sad considering that truckers have literally begged for something to be done about their security but all that's happened is that the drivers have been threatened with fines when one of these migrants manages to succeed in getting through. Sickening.
It was a predictable outcome which should have been dealt with a long time before it reached this point.

Yes while our own kid's are living on the street's or under over pass and hooked on legal high's as there only way out of live's that are not worth living, what is it with our own kid's that make's these false do gooders ignore them to go and help these migrant's instead.
Why are they put ahead of our own kid's on the council housing list's, why are they given money while our kid's are sanctioned.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

with fines when one of these migrants manages to succeed in getting through. Sickening.

Yeah , up to £1000 per head !

Drivers paying for governments failure.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Maybe I'll buy a new pair of Grambler-Remembrance-Van's once I finished the next project. And I'll make sure it's properly trucked all the way from Vietnam, promise!

So if someone dies driving into the back of another vehicle, you have no sympathy for them, even if traffic had to abruptly stop because migrants were on the road.

Yeah that sounds like a pretty dumb opinion to have.

And please, no need to buy anything in remembrance of me. Try just not being an insensitive person with ignorant comments for a while, then you can think of me everytime you stop yourself from saying something stupid.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I really have no answers for that. I'm suffering with degenerative disc disease and currently survive thanks to my parents pensions. I'm appealing the DWPs decision but have received nothing since they sent me £17.40 on January 4th this year.
To say I'm disgusted with the reality disconnect of our government is the understatement of the year.

And Gortex

Those fines are ridiculous. I would be totally sympathetic of any trucker who decided to arm themselves for a continental run. In fact I'd go as far as to say that truckers should be within their rights to just plough through the migrants and keep going. I'm surprised that's not yet happened to be honest.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Bunch of failed policies on this rock hard bottom after decades of redtape-madness and you're blaming the refugees. Right.

A corrupt politiclowns wet dream of obfuscation and distraction, that's pretty well played on the fully emotionalized spectrum of spinnings. The kids! Think about the kids!!! Not the kids stuck in the end of a tailback, together with their automobilised parents, of course not!
No, they don't cross the border during family trips. Nobody can afford that after decades of austerity cuts, right? Right? ... Right?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

So if someone dies driving into the back of another vehicle, you have no sympathy for them, even if traffic had to abruptly stop because migrants were on the road.

Yeah that sounds like a pretty dumb opinion to have.

And please, no need to buy anything in remembrance of me. Try just not being an insensitive person with ignorant comments for a while, then you can think of me everytime you stop yourself from saying something stupid.

The patronizing patron! Artists need patrons, think I just found another.

So you finally made up your mind to formulate an opinion regarding my opinion on this matter, progress! At least you're not simply ignoring the stuff you happen to disagree with, that's fine. Agreed to disagree, try something less stupid next time around?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
the death of this driver should be a wake up call for them to get serious and take meaningful action.

The driver was not French, so the French will sit on their hands. The new French president will tear up the border agreement when Brexit takes hold and the UK will have real problems. God, the French can be difficult.

Emmanuel Macron, the French presidential favourite, says he will renegotiate France’s border agreement with the UK, raising the prospect of a “Jungle” refugee camp being set up in Kent.

Source Telegraph article
edit on 20/6/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

which army ? - last time i came back from france [ mid may ] the french army were manning the 1st chechpoint at dunkirk ferry terminal

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
the military needs to put a stop to it!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join