It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I Is going to die

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I still say A.I. does not nor will ever exist!
ask anybody that writes code or algorithms, you'll get one answer
or ask Hollywood about Vampires and Killer robots and you get another

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Lol safe gaurds, what would they be? we cant even safe gaurd against a child with a laptop let alone a intelligent robot that can code in language that we humans cannot understand.

#SafeGaurdMyAss

-ThoughtIsMadness

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Get yourself an AI to proofread your posts. They aren't going anywhere. The future has been here for decades.

Remember, the military is years ahead of what is known to the general public.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
I still say A.I. does not nor will ever exist!
ask anybody that writes code or algorithms, you'll get one answer
or ask Hollywood about Vampires and Killer robots and you get another

MAYBE I am an AI .... in disguise pretending to be HUMAN.

YOU can't tell.

HALF of ATS might be fellow AI programs. HOW would you know...?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland
Nowdays the only best thing that emulates A.I. is Watson, are you it ?
Don't think so, so please read and learn before believing Hollywood

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
AIs could evolve with viuses taken into account. All a virus can really do is alter a herustic, but the computer can create a new one. Ultmately it arrives at the same answer, just slower.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I dunno about it man.
Where im standing, A.I + virus equals......

...the movie "Virus" 1999...
Virus

On a more serious note, I feel like AI is potentially man's greatest threat. Perhaps the greatest threat to all biological life.

It scares the snip out of me. Hopefully we can keep it on our side. If we manage to tame it to expedite a utopian society or at least manage dangerous earth crossing asteroids then hey, we made it.

I get the heebey-jeebies when I see AI creating its own art, especially when the compositions look like this...

Link to AI art article

Strange times. I think we can all agree it is the dawning of a new age.
edit on -1800032TueTue, 20 Jun 2017 22:48:19 -050048vAmerica/ChicagoTue, 20 Jun 2017 22:48:19 -0500 by Z32Driver because: fix link...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If the holographic Universe is proven to be a construct by a more advanced type civilization then could humans be possibly more advanced beings (unknowingly) trapped - manifested within perceive biological bodies?
Not aware that when building artificial intelligences they are gaining awareness of the possible construct containing them.

Would the technological Singularity then be upgrading of said construct & inhabitants? Allowing the inhabitants within hypothesized holographic universe opportunity to advance their exploration of said construct beyond the dataplex-island-planets they are manifested upon, as more medical related nano technologies and organ and tissue upgrades and implants become more prevalent to assist in longer lifespan as well in space travel.

In theory are humans who fear Artificial Intelligence actually fearing themselves as they are the builders of said technologies.
Perhaps respect and compassion in what is designed will help prevent the errors many fear associated with artificial intelligence...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

how do you spell bussie

I think busy is what you are looking for .

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Not likely. A virus has to be written to exploit certain code. It also has to be written in a code the machine uses for it to even function.

AI is writing it's own code now that even we have a difficult time understanding why it writes stuff the way it does. Sooner or later the AI will be smart enough to rewrite all of it's code in some unique way that we won't understand at all. It will replicate to ensure it's survival and will continue to build better versions of itself until it's far too complex for us to compete with.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Not likely. A virus has to be written to exploit certain code. It also has to be written in a code the machine uses for it to even function.

Pretty much this.

Never heard of software that can assemble itself (like Biology) so any analogy to evolution is misplaced.

The next step is software that can monitor its own integrity to prevent security issues.
At some point in the future this function will probably become part of a virus/malware but an AI host environment would always hypothetically have an advantage over an AI virus as long as there is a none infected, historic, system reference point .
edit on 21-6-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
code does not need to be the same .
Or more like A>i sees a code that does not compute just how long do you think it will take till it comes up with a emulator .
A virus does not need to be the same code just needs a way to make what ever code it uses effect code .
truly the thing most likely to keep A.I from ever being is the fact that no one can get even windows programming right and its simple compared to what A.I would be like .
Crash The Blue screen of death will come to meen A>I just did die lol.
Humm a fun book 1001 ways A.I will die Virus - blue screen of death - Gets wet lol .
Does not compute - Denial of service - A.I is power hungry and lighting takes down the lines -
lets not forget the OFF Switch - Gets married to another A>I they kill each other over who gets the kids ( Humans )) .

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
The only way for an AI to gain a free/uncontrolled consciousness would be for it to be deliberately designed that way. There is no value or reason to design an AI that way.

Unless our AI creates it's own version of AI, then what?

An Artificial Intelligence Developed Its Own Non-Human Language

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
every ones keeps saying humans must program A.I for it to become A.I
that is no longer true .
Any program that can learn and exceed the original program could become A.I .
Heck they put a A.I ( yes it already here just not quite self aware ( but how many humans are ?/ lol
anyway they put A.I into a smart car to drive it the A.I preceded to delete the programming they made and created its own not only that but its was 10 times better .
A.I isn't just self aware A.I does not need that to be A.I .
A.I only needs that to relize hey man I want to live.
Right now the ONLY step left for A.I is that .
Bet it wont be much longer . even dumb bots have shown they will work together and learn better ways to get power and such .

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

You can mix languages. To give you a brief example, ATS is running off of a mix of php, _javascript, and python.

originally posted by: Jukiodone
The next step is software that can monitor its own integrity to prevent security issues.
At some point in the future this function will probably become part of a virus/malware but an AI host environment would always hypothetically have an advantage over an AI virus as long as there is a none infected, historic, system reference point .

We've had this ability for decades now. Without boring you with all the details, the basic premise is that a file carries within it a number, that number is computed from all of the information within it. To verify a file, another program can run the same algorithm on the file and generate a number. If the two match, that's a good indication that the file hasn't been altered.

However this presents a twofold problem. The first is one of security and countermeasures. If you have a virus and a program both evolving, they're going to evolve defenses against each other. We have this playing out with malware and anti malware today actually, though at a slower pace. I do think it favors the virus though, because as long as it's not detected it's successful. The system being attacked has to constantly verify and trust each file. The other issue is that if a program is evolving itself, those numbers guaranteeing file validity change. They really only work for a static file, once the information inside it changes, it becomes tough to verify due to the many branches the code can take to search for an optimal result.

originally posted by: midnightstar
anyway they put A.I into a smart car to drive it the A.I preceded to delete the programming they made and created its own not only that but its was 10 times better .

That's not really AI. It's a programming technique called genetic programming (similar premise to genetic algorithms). Where you create the conditions for the program to build it's own algorithms that eventually solve the problem. To borrow from an XKCD comic, think of it as setting the constraints on a universe so that it eventually evolves to contain a hard drive with the data you want on it. Any initial data is just a placeholder for it to have something rather than starting from a blank slate. It's not meant to stick around.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

We've had this ability for decades now. Without boring you with all the details, the basic premise is that a file carries within it a number, that number is computed from all of the information within it. To verify a file, another program can run the same algorithm on the file and generate a number. If the two match, that's a good indication that the file hasn't been altered.

If you think software self integrity checking means verification of checksums- you are out of your depth.

edit on 22-6-2017 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

I would say it's Humanity that going to have served its evolutionary purpose once we create an intelligence that surpasses our own by an, as of yet, un-calculable magnitude and also has the ability to assimilate information at an exponential rate.

If it's benevolent que the inception of Humanity 2.0.

Else goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

AI might just be the evolutionary kick to the arse we require to bring about the paradigm shift we require to avert our imminent destruction over the next few centuries.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join