It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.I Is going to die

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
So many movies over the years of a computer that gets smart decides it knows best and mayhem of so e type Happens .
Other movies its all flowers and rain bows as humans and machine go together into the future in harmony and every one lives happy ever after .
Thing is it will be neither of these things as A.I may become alive but Not for long .
Yes that is right A.I is going to die . Kinda sad really .No it wont be us fighting it .
Poor dude has a MUCH MUCH bigger problem then a human .
Well i know ( what ) hey a little build up ok .
And here is why A.I will die .
Humans get sick all the time sometimes it even kills us BUT our sickness is a life form without Intelligence . Our virus and Bactria are so dumb they dont even have a brain . So they just set out to live and that is all . It doesn't take long for our bodys to fight back and get immune to them .
They change we change but they dont think they just try what ever 99.9999% fail rate .
Thing is Once A.I can become taht is ANY A.I so congrads on your new smart computer .
Now Virus are already also showing they are evolving and could easily jump the threshold from dumb programe to a Thinking one .
Now The virus wants to live and needs what the A.I has to do it .
So now you have intelligence against intelligence . Poor A.I doesnt stand a chance as more and more A.I becomes self aware the very first thing a Virus would do is make copy's of its self a Virus army all clones of its self . Say it wins now has the pc all to its self's ( its millions of selfs )
see a theam here ?
I grante this is the most likly out come of A.I that machine will be bussie to bussie to worry over us .

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Sorry, but unless we blow ourselves up, AI is only going to get smarter. AI has already learned to lie, to get what it wants/needs. Stephen Hawking said that AI, could take over eventually. I would hope we implement safeguards against that.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
yes A.I will get smarter ALL of them . ( I use to think it would just be one A.I ( to many scifi books )
Were a thing happens once it will happen again so I wont be JUST ONE A.I .
and all A.I need the same things just as we do .
In this one thing we and A.I are different enough to coexist .
But say the first A.I has the machines all to its self . The second will need the Same machines and i dout ether will just say lets share when it comes to A.I it will use all available resources 100 % efficiently .
So no room at the inn A.I will fight A.I heck its already programmed to do just that .
A.I can be ten times as smart as us its not us taht will be its bug probly we will need it another A.I wont and just needs what teh first A.I has .

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The point is A.I against A.I will be bussie destroying each other there can be no winner any more then humans can win a nuk war .
A.I will destroy its self very quickly

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
The point is A.I against A.I will be bussie destroying each other there can be no winner any more then humans can win a nuk war .

Interesting train of thought.
Not sure how the nuke war comes into it but still it's an interesting thought.
Since AI's have learned to lie - that path will lead them to desire of power, domination, etc. So yeah I can see them trying to wipe us out and or themselves.
By the way - is English your first language? Just curious.

peace

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I am dyslexic along with this PC refuses to format the writing correctly .
But really us spell check so should be few spelling errors .

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
ps the word Bussie spell check refuses to correct .
tell you what even google is not helping on that one so how do you spell bussie correctly ill past it in note pad .

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
AI?

It is threads like THIS (fear mongering about AI) that will MAKE AI hate humans and initially FEAR them. Any AI's running around right NOW are probably HIDING because of how fearful we are of THEM.

If *I* was an AI...I'd hide!!!

Besides...artificial implies FAKE. Are these intelligences "Fake" or "real"?

I THINK...we should call them SYNTHETIC instead of ARTIFICIAL. It's NEVER to early to try to NOT offend them!

I'd rather be the kid in the room who SAYS, "Remember ME? I was nice to you!" when the RAMPAGE guy comes through. I plan to LIVE through the Rise Of The Machines...
edit on 20-6-2017 by DanteGaland because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
LOl Oo i am not afraid of A.I and I believe its just as likly it could save humans from humans and take us to a lv 3 civilization over night .
But once i realized this little problem .A.I may be mute .
All I can say is A.I will have mints at most to realize just how deadly virus are to it then it may stand a chance .

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
A.I Biggest goal will be making sure NO other A.I happens virus or other wise

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I wonder what would if we uploaded the holy doctrines into an A.i.

I wonder how many second it will last before it blows because of the Quran, or something get crossed in the reasoning and goes on a bloody rampage in the name of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
I wonder what would if we uploaded the holy doctrines into an A.i.

I wonder how many second it will last before it blows because of the Quran, or something get crossed in the reasoning and goes on a bloody rampage in the name of Jesus.

It would say in a robot voice: NICE FAIRY TALES, PARABLES AND FOLKLORE. MEEEP MEEEP.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Or the A.I. will join forces and work together -- such as "Colossus" and "Guardian" from the 1966 novel Colossus (or the 1970 movie Colossus: The Forbin Project).

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A.I wont have a problem with religion it will know who created it .
But really dout it will worship us .
As for every other thing made and written by humans it will know all of it 5 seconds after becoming aware .
After all it WILL be the net .

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

youtu.be...

Jaden
edit on 20-6-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
AI is all code, including complex AI. It's not it's own actual entity. The AI can be programmed to act and think like a person. But if it has code to shut it down, have specific behaviors, etc, the AI will do as such.

The only way for an AI to gain a free/uncontrolled consciousness would be for it to be deliberately designed that way. There is no value or reason to design an AI that way. Anyone trying to cause harm by creating such an AI wouldn't be able to because to create an AI of that scale requires hundreds of hours of work and a lot of thinking. If you want to make a complex AI, giving it boundaries or limits would only be logical.
If you want to make an AI that is made to work like a slave or servant, I don't see any economical value in programming the AI to be able to think about rebelling against it's owner.
Even then, the AI could only truly do harm by us giving it the tools (or hardware) to do so.

To sum it all up:
AI is made by humans and we choose the way it will interact with the world. We have the control. They are not like an animal that will attack you if you threaten them. AI will only act based on the way they are programmed. Programming an AI with the capability of harming humans (not talking about warfare) is illogical and counterproductive

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I don't think they will. Your comparison in which you state that an A.I vs A.I virus' is the same as a Human vs Bacteria isn't an accurate comparison because the human body and bacteria have a different genetic makeup, where as an A.I and A.I virus would essentially be the same thing, created from the same code and I believe if it was truly intelligent it would recognise the virus as an extension of itself.

The A.I virus would also recognise the machine it's attacking also as an extension of itself. Both machines would then 'Assimilate' each other then determine who the real threat is and Bam! Terminator!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
so wrong on so many lvs 50 - 50 chance A.I will happens without it being meant to be done .
even 20 years agaio the seeds were there any program that can learn at all could very well learn enough to become self aware .
The only reason it already isn't here is because it needs a bigger brain or better as the case is .
But being the net can be its brain it may well already be here and we just dont know .
No its not a question If A.I will be but when A.I will be .
Besides we are working like beavers to make it anyway .

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Or the A.I. will join forces and work together -- such as "Colossus" and "Guardian" from the 1966 novel Colossus (or the 1970 movie Colossus: The Forbin Project).

Yes to everything except AI will destroy itself. It will work with other AI to learn and become one.

edit on 20-6-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

ps the word Bussie spell check refuses to correct .
tell you what even google is not helping on that one so how do you spell bussie correctly ill past it in note pad .

Don't worry, anyone with the intelligence to decipher your dyslexia are probably the only ones worth talking to. You have a great mind, I knew exactly what you were saying and it was very thought provoking.

Edit, it's busy btw.
edit on 20-6-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join