It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch: Susan Rice ‘Unmasking’ Documents Moved from NSC to Obama Library

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Judicial watched have announced that records detailing the unmasking by Susan Rice can not be provided by the NSC - because they have been given to the Obama Presidential Library and may be sealed for 5 years.

I am beginning to wonder if the establishment has just decided to forego any sense of justice and simply don't care if the corruption is in full daylight. Talking about throwing it the faces of the people.

The NSC’s Director of Access Management John Powers said in the letter:

Documents from the Obama administration have been transferred to the Barack Obama Presidential Library. You may send your request to the Obama Library. However, you should be aware that under the Presidential Records Act, Presidential records remain closed to the public for five years after an administration has left office.

Don't worry, though, there's plenty of resources focused on Trump saying 'hope'.

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 20/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

well now
have you seen a better cause to re elect the current potus?
its only 5 years
sol is 7 years
seems like a crappy stall tactic

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Can't they still be demanded by an investigative body?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Mind boggling.And there's supposedly an investigation into the current president for obstruction of justice?Wtf?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I'm sure they can gain access if the records are supoenaed,otherwise it could be viewed as obstruction ,could be viewed as grand treason,should bring back laws of days of old,Democrats are no better then drug dealing cartels

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Can't they still be demanded by an investigative body?

Not sure - Judicial Watch are saying that the will sue.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

I think I understand why this is allowed in our government... because we don't want newer administrations going after the previous ones constantly.

BUT........

It shows they are not like the regular citizens. We are always told you have nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide, when the government infringes on your rights and privacy. Ie: NSA, FBI, CIA, unwarranted searches

I don't agree with this. There may have been a time this was ok and good for the country but not anymore in the Information Age.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

This is ridiculous.

Just enough time to make sure none of this comes to light before 2020 and the elections.

But remember, Obama's was the Most transparent administration ever!

Us peon folk are only entitled to hear what the intelligence community leaks through their pals in the main stream media, we have no right to see anything else.

For a reminder, here is what Judicial watch asked for.

1.) Any and all requests for information, analyses, summaries, assessments, transcripts, or similar records submitted to any Intelligence Community member agency or any official, employee, or representative thereof by former National Security Advisor Susan Rice regarding, concerning, or related to the following:

Any actual or suspected effort by the Russian government or any individual acting on behalf of the Russian government to influence or otherwise interfere with the 2016 presidential election.

The alleged hacking of computer systems utilized by the Democratic National Committee and/or the Clinton presidential campaign.

Any actual or suspected communication between any member of the Trump presidential campaign or transition team and any official or employee of the Russian government or any individual acting on behalf of the Russian government.

The identities of U.S. citizens associated with the Trump presidential campaign or transition team who were identified pursuant to intelligence collection activities.

www.zerohedge.com...

So what the dems and Obamas team is saying is "Trust us, Trumps team is shady and has connections to Russia, Russia hacked the election, and we didn't illegally spy on anyone" But no, you can't see any of the documents that prove this until 2021."

edit on 20-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So what the dems and Obamas team is saying is "Trust us, Trumps team is shady and has connections to Russia, Russia hacked the election, and we didn't illegally spy on anyone" But no, you can't see any of the documents that prove this until 2021."

Well posted

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I am hoping that this will be litigated - though I see nothing about this in the MSM... I wonder why?

As I said in the OP, the real corruption is in plain sight and it's coming from the left, but propaganda against right dominates the news.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The Trump administration can obtain the documents. Judicial watch, on the other hand, would need to sue to get them.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
With possible necessary documents unavailable that would actually support conclusive evidence of Trump or any of his cohorts in conspiracy with Russia, how could an investigation take place that would ever convict him of any wrong doing? I had heard that the Obama administration had left a paper trail in order to link Trump to Russia but man, this only makes Obama look guilty of obstruction himself.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
The Trump administration can obtain the documents. Judicial watch, on the other hand, would need to sue to get them.

Yes you are right.

Unless those documents got bleach bitted. But even if they did, I am sure that wasn't the INTENT.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yes you are right.

Unless those documents got bleach bitted. But even if they did, I am sure that wasn't the INTENT.

True but just because the Trump admin can get them doesnt mean the Obama library will willingly give them up. If history is our guide I am sure Obama will obfuscate as long as possible.

My opinion is to send in some US Marshals to seize the library and then the documents.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Is that true? - so the President can obtain documents from Obama's Presidential Library..? if so, someone should contact the President through an intermediary and let him know.

edit on 20/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I would say that Facebook would be one way to get the message to him.

I might have done this, if I had a Facebook account, but I don't.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I would say that Facebook would be one way to get the message to him.

I might have done this, if I had a Facebook account, but I don't.

I am quite sure the message will get to him. There's enough people who have his ear or can reach out to someone who does.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Can you imagine if Nixon hid away all of his incriminating documents as soon as he resigned?

And of course Obama's illegal spying on citizens and opposition candidates is a million times worse.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

How so?

There's a clear insinuation by JW, who I'm sure nobody would ever accuse of not being a hyperpartisan attack dog, that there's some impropriety here.

How long after a new administration comes in are the outgoing presidential records typically removed to the Presidential library? (BTW, the PRA puts the responsibility for maintaining the documents on the President so there's nothing untoward or unusual about the documents being removed to the library for archiving)

The NSC Director of Access Management certainly doesn't work for former President Obama so are we to assume that he's acting in some way as an agent of Obama?

At any rate, the PRA only protects records from FOIA requests by the public for 5 years. After that, there's some mechanism for further restriction for a maximum of 12 years. However, and this is important, there's also a mechanism by which Congres scan obtain access to the records.

In other words, JW won't get them but the PRA doesn't stop Congress from seeing anything they need to see.

I think this story is about 80% hype.
edit on 2017-6-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Others have tried to sue previous administrations and failed. I wouldn't hold my breath.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join