It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Special Election to Replace U.S. Representative Tom Price is a BIG DEAL.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

My state has been Republican control since 1992. I don't know why they are so mad at everyone else. Mob mentality I suppose.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

California and New York have been democrat controlled since 1992 as well, why are they so mad at everyone else?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I don't live there. Ask someone who does. I live in Idaho. And those states are a lot richer than Idaho

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I don't care. You're point was that people are mad at everyone else in a state that's been under Republican control since 1992, when in fact, people in Republican controlled states always seem happier. Maybe you're the one who is mad at everyone else so you think everyone else is mad too.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I said my state.

"My state has been Republican control since 1992. I don't know why they are so mad at everyone else. Mob mentality I suppose. "

I don't know about other red states. But, I will try to research that.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Early exit polls doesn't sound favorable for democrats.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This race will be a loss for both parties. The only thing being decided on a policy level is who gets hurt worse.

Both parties have poured huge amounts of money into this race. The initial money pump began with the Democrats and the Republicans responded. Most of the money, particularly from the Democrats, is from out of state. Ossoff is running on a moderate platform, not a liberal or progressive one. Handle is running on a conservative platform. The district is traditionally red, but the close proximity to Atlanta has been slowly changing the population toward blue for some time.

So...

If Ossoff wins, it is in some respect a purchase instead of a solid win. The win is predicated upon a moderate platform that insinuates bipartisanship. In other words, it is not a rejection of Trump or the Republicans as much as it is the result of a changing population combined with a moderate bipartisan platform. The far left wing of the Democratic party thus still loses, but the Republicans lose a seat in the House and need to get the message that the American people want results and moderation (which is how I see Trump).

If Handle wins, it is a devastating blow to the Democrats, that even by trying to moderate their position, the far left has poisoned the party so badly that it is becoming difficult to escape the blowback even wits massive funding. It is still a loss for the Republicans, because the tightness of the race indicates the need for some moderation.

Either way, the sheer volume of cash makes this irrelevant to the 2018 elections. Neither party can finance on this level in an election year.

Ossoff win = loss for both parties, a little more severe for the Republicans.

Handle win = loss for both parties, but a devastating loss for the Democrats.

One more possibility... a blowout by either side will be a signal that the MSM is still at their old tricks. It will delegitimize any polling for years. That would be a devastating loss for the media.

Gonna be interesting... how 'bout them Dawgs?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

My state has been Republican control since 1992. I don't know why they are so mad at everyone else. Mob mentality I suppose.

Why do you assume people are angry because they don't agree with you?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Everybody knows one another here and vocal about politics. They aren't angry because I'm a democrat. They are angry about immigrants and abortion. Which neither is a problem in Idaho so its laughable almost.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I'm in Atlanta next month for a seminar.

Will there be bloodshed?
Bodies in the street?

Will the world end if either D or R gets elected?

I think, regardless, that if someone wins that some don't like, they should all express disgust and encourage violent activities against the opposition.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

IMO it's short-sighted not to look beyond one's borders. I'm not a big fan of isolationism.

Neither am I a fan of partisanship. It sounds to me like any anger is policy-based, not party-based.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm in Atlanta next month for a seminar.

Will there be bloodshed?
Bodies in the street?

You're thinking of Memphis, TN. Atlanta tries to keep all the bloodshed and bodies in alleyways.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Idaho politics is hardly isolationism. We are opening the doors and real estate to foreign corps and workers. Since we elected Trump we are going all out globalist:

www.prweb.com...

"Idaho Delegation to Showcase Rural Opportunities for Foreign Direct Investment at SelectUSA Summit"

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: marg6043

Ninety per cent of my state are white. Fifty three per cent are Christian faith. Sixty per cent of state voted Trump. I will research but will probably find the same results in all rural white America.

Ah yes, those evil whites who vote as a group.

You see, when a racial group votes together in a large percentage, it proves they are racist.

Except when blacks and latinos vote for democrats, that is just them being proud noble people voting against bigotry.

In fact, it simpler to say its only whites voting as a group that is racist.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Man your posts seem to reflect my thoughts 90% of the time.

I too think this election is a loss for the average person.

One positive thing I took from Trumps win was due to the fact he spent so much less money than Hillary and still won, maybe that would make both sides question throwing huge money around.

Sadly, if this race is indicative of the future, the amount of money in campaigns is about to increase substantially.

And that means that substantive things like the issues with be overlooked in favor of propaganda.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I didn't say they were evil. It is just a statistical fact about my state. A large percentage of native Idahoans in the rural haven't even been in the same school room as black or brown people. We do have a large white supremecists groups in the Panhandle, that is just local fact. The Nez Perce Tribe took them to court and got some of their land.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm more interested in how correct the polls are than in whoever wins this seat.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
I'm more interested in how correct the polls are than in whoever wins this seat.

Well I have polled a group of my friends, and according to us, there is a 95% chance that even if the polls get it right it was absolute dumb luck, because these polls are wildly biased and inaccurate 94.3% of the time.

But I am not sure my poll was "scientific" so take it for what you will.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Not caring about issues that affect the nation as a whole is the definition of isolationism. It is not the policies of most Idahoans, as you describe it, that comes across as isolationist; it is your concern about their anger against national policies that appears isolationist.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

We do seem to agree on many issues.

I too think this election is a loss for the average person.

For the average person, this election is a wash. It will not drastically affect their lives either way by itself.

For both political parties, there is no win here, though. Both seriously need to moderate their positions (IMO Democrats more than Republicans at this point in time) and begin listening to their constituents instead of special interests and loud fringe groups if they want to represent the country.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join