It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia Special Election to Replace U.S. Representative Tom Price is a BIG DEAL.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Very glad that pain is over.

Now can we see the new healthcare bill, the rural jobs he promised, the transportation bill.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Very glad that pain is over.

Now can we see the new healthcare bill, the rural jobs he promised, the transportation bill.

The pain is self inflicted, but yeah, the best attitude is to see if the President can deliver over his term and then decide whether he did well or not.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes. He has omni political power now and it's all on him to succeed.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

I can testified for that is been raining here in the south none stop all day.

And people still went to vote, impressive.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Just remember, this was a referendum on Trump. Unless the Democrats lose again. Then it was just a special election and holds no significance.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

We saw the House healthcare bill... and sadly, I am not impressed. We also saw the tax bill proposal, and that one I like.

I'm already seeing jobs increase. My only problem now is that, thanks to Obamacare and rising premiums, employers are looking for younger employees because the healthcare is so damn expensive for folks my age. That's from the mouth of a large employer.

I really want to see the new infrastructure bill.

He has omni political power now and it's all on him to succeed.

Don't know about 'omni power'... the Congress is in charge of legislation. But Trump was elected in part to bring the parties back in line, so if the Congress doesn't act it will still be partly on him.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneckI'm already seeing jobs increase. My only problem now is that, thanks to Obamacare and rising premiums, employers are looking for younger employees because the healthcare is so damn expensive for folks my age. That's from the mouth of a large employer.

Do you really think that practice just started? I started experiencing that when I was in my 50's also. If we don't want old people in this country, let's go Logans Run.

I really hope that they deliver on their promise of a health care system where sick people can get to a doctor. By the time you get to the ER with cancer symptoms, you are already dead. But, maybe that is the big secret plan. Without good health to be productive, nothing else really matters.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
THAT picture of the CNN crew is going viral lol... even Dr Gorka was trolling CNN.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I know I never had trouble finding work before Obama. That's enough evidence for my opinion.

I just got off the phone with an engineer. He has had the same experience. It's not just me.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It not just your generation is what I meant. That is one of the issues AARP has taken up years ago. Discriminating against the elderly in the workplace.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I don't consider 50-ish 'elderly.' And it certainly didn't help matters by making it more expensive to hire them.

What is really upsetting is that in my youth I was constantly told people were looking for someone older, more settled. Now that I'm older and more settled, I'm told they're looking for someone younger. No. Just no. I will not accept that.

TheRedneck

edit on 6/21/2017 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

No, it isn't fair to discriminate against your age.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

According to Obama, it is.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Won't we all find out tomorrow if that is fixed by the Republicans?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Sorta... we find out what the Senate wants to do. Then they have to reconcile with the House.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

Also, please stay on topic.
You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join