It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the sea salt from the pacific ocean safe to consume

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Living here in Japan, I don't want to buy sea salt on the east side of japan. I'd rather buy it there in salt lake navada or what ever it is called

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I get sea salt from our Coop. Not from the sea.

I asked them one day where their bulk sea salt comes from, it is considered organic, and they said they did not know. That was over a year ago, maybe I should ask them again, maybe they asked someone where it comes from. At ninety nine cents a pound, it is really tasty, it does not taste poluted at all. It actually tastes better than most salts do. They are pretty picky at the coop, it is where a lot of members shop and members actually research where their products come from and how reliable the companies are.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Probably not.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I would not test it

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Good question, i have not thought about that...

I use the pink rocky thing and desert salts..

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Mined salt is the best, the only contaminants you have are dinosaur poo.

Warmest

Lags
edit on 20-6-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap grammar

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Lags is correct.

Get the Himalayan rock-salt. It tastes great, has many nourishing trace minerals, and is frickin' old.

Salty

We also have a Himalayan-salt-lamp, and Himalayan-salt-cooking slab, which are both really nice.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Could you be a little more pacific about the location?

Fuku salt may be harmful.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Mined salt is the best, the only contaminants you have is dinosaur poo.

Warmest

Lags
Radioactive.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I get sea salt from our Coop

You have some interesting chickens.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I think it a wise concern to keep in mind in light of all that's happened in the past few years surrounding Japan. I myself use Himalayan pink rock salt only.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Mined salt is the best, the only contaminants you have is dinosaur poo.

Warmest

Lags
Radioactive.

Agreed but flying in a plane will result in radiation contamination too!

At least the radioactivity is natural and fairly unharmful... I think!?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Lags is correct.

Get the Himalayan rock-salt. It tastes great, has many nourishing trace minerals, and is frickin' old.

Salty

We also have a Himalayan-salt-lamp, and Himalayan-salt-cooking slab, which are both really nice.

I have literally tons of the stuff and swear by it.

Even made my own saline solution with a couple of rocks and take a teaspoon a week in a glass of water to detox.

YUK but feel better for it since I gave up industrial treated sea salt.

Fleur de sel isnt bad for sea salt lovers and good cooks (especially Gironde fleur de sel from here in France) but you still get the air contaminants in it.

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Try licking that salt slab...

I dare you...

Buwhaaaaaaaaa

a reply to: Nothin

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
We have the pink Himalayan salt too but I can't helped wondering about the huge hole in the mountain all because us westerners want pink salt. My country has an iodine deficiency as well as other mineral deficiencies.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Salt eggs....

Who do I send the bill to after snorting coffee and snot out of my nostrils all over my keyboard?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cloudbuster
We have the pink Himalayan salt too but I can't helped wondering about the huge hole in the mountain all because us westerners want pink salt. My country has an iodine deficiency as well as other mineral deficiencies.

Think JOBS for those who struggle over there.

Did mining coal do any harm to the landscape in general?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Yes I do also think about the jobs and money the salt miners get. .and yes mining coal has moved mountains to get to the coal it has also destroyed natural environments where particular animals only live.

Below is some info I copied from nz forest and bird website. ,sorry I'm not sure how to provide a proper link.

Forest & Bird appeals Denniston mine consent
Independent conservation organisation Forest & Bird today lodged an appeal against a 140-hectare open-cast coal mine on Denniston Plateau conservation land.

“An open-cast coal mine will wipe out the ecology of the Denniston Plateau,” Forest & Bird President Andrew Cutler said. “This one of a kind environment is home to some extraordinary plants and animals, and is already conservation land. We will vigorously argue that it should remain protected.”

Mr Cutler said the plateau should be protected for all New Zealanders to experience and enjoy. “If the open-cast mine goes ahead, all New Zealanders will lose access to a beautiful and historic area, and its outstanding natural values will be obliterated.”

Forest & Bird is appealing against the resource consent granted on 26 August to Australian mining company Bathurst Resources. Forest & Bird wants to protect the plateau’s rare landscape and nationally endangered animals, such as the great spotted kiwi, the fernbird and the carnivorous giant land snail, Powelliphanta patrickensis.

“This is an incredibly diverse natural plateau with bonsai gardens of rātā amid expansive sandstone pavements and wetlands. Pygmy pine forests dominate in moss-covered gorges, and rare tussocklands stretch across this mountain moonscape,” Forest & Bird Top of the South Field Officer Debs Martin said.

“The commissioners said they granted the consent with ‘considerable reservations and anguish’. They agreed the plateau and its inhabitants were ‘remarkable’, and the mine and processing plant would destroy 200 hectares – yet they believed the economic benefits outweighed this destruction. With such undisputed importance, we believe the commissioners erred in their final weighting,” Debs Martin said.

Forest & Bird has proposed a new 5900-hectare reserve on the Denniston and Stockton plateaux to protect the last remaining habitat of several endangered species. The reserve would be included in Schedule 4 of the Crown Minerals Act to stop it being mined in the future. It would cover publicly owned land on the Denniston Plateau, the upper Waimangaroa Gorge, the southern Stockton Plateau, and the Mt William Range.

“Open-cast mines on the nearby Stockton Plateau have already wiped out rare ecosystems, and we want to protect what’s left on the Denniston Plateau,” Debs Martin said.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I prefer coarse ground Celtic sea salt.
A pound has lasted me a few years.
A pinch goes a long way.
It isn't radioactive according to the Geiger.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Thanks Cloud.

Sadly we have to gather and hunt in order to survive as a species...

What can we suggest as an alternative??

Warmest

Lags

a reply to: Cloudbuster

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join