It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse Tradin'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I have two geldings for sale. I need them to go. Now! So, they are at a cut rate price.

What I have been inundated with are tire kickers who say they'll show to see them and blow me off, and the rest are people who want a young, sane, sound, broke horse (which these are) but they want them broke-ity, broke, put your 4 year old on them and have them baby sit them broke, and neck rein for drill team broke and sit for two years (which one of them has) and put out a flawless performance for a video and are you f$#^ing kidding me!

What these idiots want is an 5 to 8 thousand dollar horse. I don't have an 5 to 8 thousand dollar horse. Ok. I do, and he will do everything they want, but he is not for sale, because he is MY horse. What I have for sale are fifteen hundred dollar horses, that are for sale at a cut rate ($700.00) because I need them gone. They are just sittin here eating hay and they are wasted.

People suck, and they are pissing me off.

That is all.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Do they, by any chance, come with matching

If yes: = Sold

Sorry ... couldn't help not replying to a thread so barren of discourse.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Do they, by any chance, come with matching

If yes: = Sold

Sorry ... couldn't help not replying to a thread so barren of discourse.

Geeze, but that's pretty though.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I have heard there is a glut of FREE horses these days simply because people aren't wanting to pay to feed them and get them the Veterinary care. It is hard to sell a non-perfect horse when you can get a non-perfect horse for free.

I can find half a dozen on Craig's List at any given time that are free.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I have heard there is a glut of FREE horses these days simply because people aren't wanting to pay to feed them and get them the Veterinary care. It is hard to sell a non-perfect horse when you can get a non-perfect horse for free.

If only preppers knew the value of the horses described in the OP.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

If only preppers knew the value of the horses described in the OP.

Horse Jerky?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It may play a part in the area you are in too. Are you advertising beyond that? Maybe try re-wording your ad more for who you'd like to see as a buyer as well as expand to even more ads.

I agree that's part of it too. It's very sad really. Many meet their fate at the slaughter house too, why I encourage people to never have a "free" pet/livestock ad, those are often first to be resold.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Are you suggesting eating horses? Heathen.

That sucks OP. What kind of horses?

Horse prices have apparently shot up significantly since I got my first one. $5k-$8k for a kids horse seems insane to me.

My first horse was an incredibly sweet and sound bay mare with a star that I think was about 10 when we got her. She was a lesson horse before my parents surprised me with her, and went English or Western, was perfect on trails and would do just about anything. I used to walk out to her pasture, ask her to come over to the fence, climb on and just sit there while she grazed. She was water crazy, and in the summer would take me swimming in a big pond that was in her pasture. She was basically like a lab, on trails she always wanted to swim or at least stamp the water. You could put a 2 year old on that girl, let them hang on to the pommel and trust her completely. She seemed to tailor the ride for the rider, it always surprises me how some just seem to know, maybe they all do and some just care.

I miss horses now. Pardon the long story, I'm drinking some very strong beer (9%!) and got all nostalgic.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Dont know the horse market ... but everytime i try to ditch a junk car for 500 people expect a running driving daily driver for 500 bucks ... than get mad when i tell them u gota fix it

Yea so i get where ur comeing from

I stared posting in my ads if u dont read the entire post twice go kick rocks ... it weeded out alot of the idiots

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Those are what I call "blow hards".

In person or at least voice I have a mock impersonation that explains the phrase, but it'd be hard to type.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

They are curly horses. They are hypoallergenic, and a rare breed to boot. The one lady who wanted a babysitter-for-damn-near-free for her allergic four year old was irritated because they break off and shed out their manes and tails. It's a breed trait for this HYPOALLERGENIC breed that you want for your allergic-to-horses-kid.

No. I don't know how to "fix it" so they can grow manes and tails. I mean, this is the crap that I'm hearing. It's just nutty.

Howard would probably fine with that kid in an arena, but he doesn't have a lot of trail experience. She just didn't get it. They would have to put that work into him. I'm not going to do it, that's why he's only $700.00. If they want me to put that work into him and get him tuned up they can damn well pay me what I paid for him + that work, which would make him a $4500.00 horse when I'm done. People want something for damn near nothing.

Your mare sounds wonderful. Nothing wrong with reminiscing.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Snarl
Are you suggesting eating horses? Heathen.

You and The GUT ... LOL. Eatin' a horse in a bad situation never crossed my mind.

Distances between places aren't going to shrink when the gas pumps are all drained. A good horse would be a requirement IMVHO.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Those are what I call "blow hards".

In person or at least voice I have a mock impersonation that explains the phrase, but it'd be hard to type.

That's a shame. It sounds like quite a performance.

top topics

join