It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders says to Fight Back in Every Way That You Can

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

lofl, Obama is hardly a footnote, but ok, however you want to view it, as long as you admit its your deluded opinion

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I don't have Bernie Sanders's statements from 2011 in front of me but I'll stipulate that what you're relating is the gist of what he said then.

That said, I don't think anyone is really arguing that violent rhetoric isn't something that we should seek to curtail by agreement of all that it's corrosive (not through actual censorship of course). I also believe that I would be correct in stating that neither you nor I would hold Palin or any GOP politician directly responsible for the shooting of Gabby Giffords nor do we hold any specific leader on the Left responsible for the baseball shooting.

It's a difficult topic to navigate because the tendency will always be to point fingers and say, "well we might do it but you do it more" or, "you do it worse."

Bernie Sanders is entitled to his opinion in that regard as we all are. The best we could do in that debate is sling quotes back and forth and get nowhere — so on practical grounds, I think it's a non-starter and that as a whole, American politicians should try to hang on to that spirit of unity and universal rebuke of political violence that was evidenced in bipartisan gestures following the baseball practice shooting.

But all that said, clearly, unless Sanders is prepared to directly address some of the violent rhetoric and imagery coming from the Left since the election of Donald Trump, it's fair to call him out on it given his statements from 2011.

So I believe that your criticism is fair.

The content of the OP on the other hand is complete garbage.
edit on 2017-6-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

lofl, Obama is hardly a footnote, but ok, however you want to view it, as long as you admit its your deluded opinion

Well, to the left, whose ideology is based in racial idolatry, obama "means" so much…

But from a policy standpoint, he has already been made into a parentheses...

The repeal and replace will entirely erase any significan impact on American history by obama...it's kinda hilarious that yalls hurt feelings over losing the election has made this all possible..

If y'all had used your political capital to fight repeal and replace we may not have made it...but thanks to yalls middle schooler sensibilities we have pushed through more legislation than we could've ever dreamed… And the executive orders were easy because Obama lived by them… But as easily as he signed them in, trump is signing them out..

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
a reply to: theantediluvian

First off, you are not intellectually equipped to debate grambler...
He's playing chess while your playing Chinese checkers..

Sorry, i always find Grambler and Antedeiluvian bantering and although i like them both I agree with the ante and feel sorry for Grambler all the time bc the Ante makes him look so sad and worthless. I would be so embarrassed if I was Grambler.

My God, have you been talking to my wife?

She to thinks every time I argue with someone I look sad and worthless.

You guys ought to get together for a brunch sometime.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

I'm not a millennial.

Also, lame is not a new slang term but then again it is obvious you are just playing dumb.

I can speak fine... in fact, I am using voice to text on this very post… So I am not dumb…

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

IF and only IF that happens, who is to say in 4 years it cant be restored ...who is to say universal is not implemented.

my point...what Obama did is in the play books, there is proof that it worked.

edit on 20-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

im sure your are happy and worth alot to people who are like minded. Very brave to marry a liberal...you

link   

It's ALL about the Linner.

Well...at LEAST when you get older.

Dinner FARE at lunch PRICES!

link   

I didn't say you were.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

sorry we are not all mindless dumb sheeple like trump supporters

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Fair post.

My stance is I do not blame Bernie for this nutjob shooting Scalise, nor di I think his statement in the OP is in any way an advocacy of violence.

(Now some of the rhetoric has been over the top, such as CBS news asking if Scalises shooting was "self inflicted" and the Huff PO article calling for the execution of Trump and his team over things like the travel ban, but that is another thread).

I was just pointing out that based on Bernie fund raising letter off of the Gifford shooting in 2011, he would have thought 2017 Bernies comments were inspiring violence or at least creating an atmosphere where it is inevitable.

So if anyone is to be criticized for calling out Bernie 2017 for his statements being violent, it should be Bernie himself.

I am trying to be consistent though with my stance, and have said all along that these crazy shooters are themselves responsible for their actions, not other peoples rhetoric.

That doesn't mean we can't criticize rhetoric, but it is going to far to blame it for violent actions.
edit on 20-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Don't tell me to cry a river. You're the one in here bellyaching about the poor abused Right.

Also, Yes, we all know you're entire political position hinges on nothing more than attacking the Left and whatever progress they've made. It's about destroying anything Obama has ever done or any other Democrat for that matter. While it should be about doing something positive for America it's simply about attacking the Left. We get it. You've made that crystal clear that is all you're after.

Congratulations on your campaign of political partisan warfare. I'm sure that is going to work out just fantastic too. You really think I care personally about Obama or Hillary or their legacy or lack there of??? I don't. I only give a damn about the PEOPLE of this country not the Political puppets who leech off of it. So have your fun. Brag about it even if you want because that isn't effecting me one bit.

What's sad is that you're just shilling for those same corrupt puppets though and you don't even realize it. In the end it's going to cost us all and you contributed to it with all your sh*tposting and cheering it on. So laugh it up because you're only hurting yourself too. Now that to me is actually funny.

link   

im sure your are happy and worth alot to people who are like minded. Very brave to marry a liberal...you

Yeah a Bernie babe to boot.

True story, she voted for Trump after the DNC screwed Bernie.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

Personal responsibility dictates that it would be those involved in the violent acts.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

It's ALL about the Linner.

Well...at LEAST when you get older.

Dinner FARE at lunch PRICES!

My wife was a liberal in under grad...
After she went to med school, residency and has spent decades in one of the largest level I trauma centers in America as a physician...

Reality robbed her and i of our liberalism...

My parents were both [southern] democrats...two of the kindest people I've ever known...
But theirs is a party long since bereft of morality and belief in American Exceptionalism..
Even they have slowly come to realize this...

Again, I don't know how their liberalism survives Carters moronic policies or, god forbid, Mondale but it did...

Bill Clinton's sexual predation ended their idealism and it was finally snuffed out by Hillary...

Yalls is a party bereft of morality and incapable of honest self assessment..

Just own it....and cry me a river..

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Reality robbed her and i of our liberalism...

Did you cry?

Is that why you think others feel like crying?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Also, congrats on your celebrity supporters..
They are so classy and moral..

Ashley Judd gets forgotten in the Madonna world...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Yeah a Bernie babe to boot.

True story, she voted for Trump after the DNC screwed Bernie.

he should have been our president
edit on 20-6-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Also, congrats on your celebrity supporters..
They are so classy and moral..

Ashley Judd gets forgotten in the Madonna world...

-Chris

im not bragging when I say this, i just know how Trump and his supporters are very celebrity obsessed but...

At least we have celebrities on our side, nanananana boo bobo, eat a cacka poo poo

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join