It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders says to Fight Back in Every Way That You Can

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
Bernie isn't the problem, trump is.

How is Trump the problem when it's Bernie Sanders supporters shooting up republicans?

Misrepresenting Bernie's statement..lol

No misrepresentation. Bernie has been advocating a "revolution" for months. Not once has he attached "peaceful" to his revolution statement.

The new "alternative facts" that the right seems to favor.

Just because they appear alternative to you doesn't make it sooo.
Or are you the leading authority on "alternative facts"?

Republicans got majority power, and this is what they did with it - people won't soon forget.

Shame on you - at least be real with yourself.

You are the one lying to yourself here.
You are clearly glossing over all the nonsense that took place when the democrats held the majority. People were pleading the 5th daily under the Obama administration. But go ahead and keep telling yourself that republicans are the only corrupt evil ones.

Both sides do this but your identity politics prevents you from seeing the writing on the wall.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
POOR big, tough conservative militia-member, gun-toting, 2nd Amendment-NRA-member folks!!

I GUESS those prepper BUNKERS might need to be USED after ALL! Ie; conservo-safe-spaces!

The HORDES of terrifying liberals with their DYED hair and facial piercings are coming for you!.

Grab YOUR kids, grab YOUR wife! The 'liberals' are rising up!! AND, they're getting uppity!

SERIOUSLY? How badly do the right-wingers WANT to play victim here? Oh poor, poor Trump fans! You're NOT as popular as you thought??!

Ah yes.

Only from the party of peace and love will you get mocking people after innocent people were shot.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
First off, this meme pains me greatly as I'm a Texan...
But he ruined our path with the 64 civil rights act...

His heart may have been in the right place(anyone whose been to johnson city, tx knows how hard he had it growing up)...

But democrats are foolish...it's their raison d'etat..

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Are you REALLY going to pretend that he was in any way, shape or form suggesting violence? Here's the question and his response (my transcript):

How do we fight or stand up to stop and have the proposed healthcare bill examined at least by the government. How can a citizen stop this bill at the Senate. What can we do exactly?

Mary — this — your question, is really a profound question and it speaks to the state, in my view, of American Democracy. Our job from coast to coast is to bring millions of people together — when I talk about a political revolution, this is what I'm talking about — is for people all over this country to put pressure on every level of government. To say that in America, we are the wealthiest country in the history of the world. We are not going to do horrendous things to millions and millions of working people.

We've got to stand up and fight back. We have gotta be involved in the political process in a way we've never been before because what's happening in Washington is unprecedented. This is the worst piece of legislation — the house bill — that I can recall in 25-26 years in the United States Congress. So you have got to, Mary, act in an unprecedented way. Think big. Get involved in every way that you can. Rally the American people. This is an extraordinarily unpopular bill. It's not like the majority of Americans have said to Mitch McConnell or Paul Ryan, "you gotta do this" — nobody likes this — it's a terrible bill.

They do it because they think they can do it. They're doing it because they're gonna have huge amounts of campaign contributions behind them. So Mary, stand up and fight back in every way that you can.

He's clearly talking about pulling people together to put pressure on their elected representatives — he says so — not commit acts of violence. This is the height of intellectual dishonesty on your part. I can't believe that you can't just admit that this is a complete and utter farce. It's a sad and frankly, weak, tactic for people who are incapable of otherwise making an arguement.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Coming from the PARTY OF CONTRADICTION and COGNITIVE DISSONANCE.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

In the current climate it sounds like he is asking for all measures including violence.
His supporters have a history of violence. I think Sanders knows what he is doing.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I agree with you.

But how do you compare that with Bernies criticism of McCain in 2011 after the Gifford shooting.

Bernie said the rhetorical climate made that shooting happen, and merely condemning the violence wasn't enough.

He blames Sarah Palins crosshair map, which has been debunked.

So why is it ok for Bernie to consider that violence, but not consider his hyperbolic rhetoric of fighting back in any way possible and what is happening be unprecedented in Washington?

My point is that I don't think this weeks Bernie comments were calling for violence, but Bernie in 20111 would have blamed them (if a Republican said the) particularly right after a shooting.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Did I touch on a sensitive topic?

Nope.

Or was it the gender thing.

Huh? What are you even talking about?

And yes, most of your political threads are a bunch of text quotes, hyperbole and what ifs. Not much reality involved. I just found your post hypocritical. I think OP is way off base, I just think that you're one of the last people that has the right to call him out on it

So you admit that the OP was off base but you lack the character to call out one of your peers and you decided instead to say something to me when I did. I'll put my posting up against anything the OP, you, or the rest of the clique has ever posted in terms of accuracy and informational content.

I don't need to take quotes out of context but if you think that I've done it, put up or shut up.

Stick to non-political thread creation and I may gain back some of that respect I used to have for ya around here.

Because that's a concern I have?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I find it LAUGHABLE that people have such HIGH opinions of themselves that they think it matters to others if they respect them or NOT.

Oh my ... "Egos Run Wild". I should make a SHOW and sell it on TV.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Oh wow, Atlantean...
I didn't see yalls [ongoing] debate...

First off, you are not intellectually equipped to debate grambler...
He's playing chess while your playing Chinese checkers..

Anyhow, this entire point boils down to ownership of intent and the inherent hypocracy of the left..

Progressives are incapable of taking ownership of mistakes because it's anathema to their ethos...an ethos which paints progressives as Infallible...

While we on the right admit to our mistakes and are loathe to support amorality, the left possesses no such morality...

All the right does is wrong and the lefts behavior is always excused or rationalized...

Heck, I personally had a thread about Donald trump during the campaign regarding my disdain for his despicable comments on the Billy bush bus..

Had Bernie or Hillary acted similarly you would've been there defending them...

Liberals are moral relativists and subscribe to the philosophy that the ends justify the means...so any and all behaviors and actions are justifiable...

Which is why y'all lost the election...nobody is buying your BS anymore...

So, in short, cry me a river..

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Great post - and exactly why no quarter can ever be given to liberals. Those that seek compromise with them will live to regret it -always.

edit on 20/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Nothing but echo-chamber banter.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

My house has Mexican travertine floors so, yes, I do live in an echo chamber..

How did you know that?

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Lame.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
Jesus Christ Bernie...

After last week’s shooting at the GOP congressional baseball practice, Washington came to a consensus that the rhetoric in our political system needed to be toned down. Democrats have been especially vocal in pointing to past comments by the president. But the question is: where is the line? What if a Democrat challenges supporters to “act in an unprecedented way,” go “big,” “fight back in every way,” and accuses one side of literally harming “millions of people”? That’s exactly the type of comments Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) made during a Facebook Live event on Monday while answering questions about Republican efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare.

Scalise is fresh out of critical condition and you come out with this...

What a disgusting thing to say...

But can we be surprised by anything the amoral left does at this point?

They are bereft of compassion and their religion of progressivism makes them blind to all which is good and right...

Btw, I just realized I said "Jesus Christ"...which may offend the delicate sensibilities ATS liberal community...so let me fix my first sentence to better help them not be triggered...

Praise be to Allah, Mohamed and Aisha Bernie....
And get a grip old man...

Stay classy democrats...

-Chris

so funny, of course the loud, dramatic right is going to twist bernie's words into this, omg, of course

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Lame.

I own horses as well...and my legs are fine...

Granted our definition of "lame" may be different...I don't speak millennial

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Progressives are incapable of taking ownership of mistakes because it's anathema to their ethos...an ethos which paints progressives as Infallible...

While we on the right admit to our mistakes and are loathe to support amorality, the left possesses no such morality...

All the right does is wrong and the lefts behavior is always excused or rationalized...

-Chris

Wow. Someone open a window. The BS is getting thick in here.

Let's all take a minute of silence for those poor unsung hero's on the Right shall we??? For all the Righteousness and good will toward mankind that they put forth every single day.

Maybe a song is in order huh??? Oh woe is me, those poor poor Rightists, all they want to do is love everyone and bring forth goodness and a peaceful world for all, can I get an Amen here people??

Do you feel better now??? Is that persecution complex getting too much for you to handle there Chris??? Or would you like some more time for self worship or yourself and the others on the Right before we continue???

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

First off, you are not intellectually equipped to debate grambler...
He's playing chess while your playing Chinese checkers..

Sorry, i always find Grambler and Antedeiluvian bantering and although i like them both I agree with the ante and feel sorry for Grambler all the time bc the Ante makes him look so sad and worthless. I would be so embarrassed if I was Grambler.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Cry me a river liberals...

This is why I have enjoyed ATS 100X more since the Infallible Queen got kicked to the curb in the 2016 election...

Trump has nearly reduced obama to a footnote in presidential history...and all while y'all focus on gossip and innuendo...

For christs sake, we are about to pass an entire repeal and replace while y'all prattle on about Russia...

It's kinda hilarious...

Schemer will be crying so much in the coming weeks...

Bye bye obama legacy....and we need to think liberal media for making this possible because without their obsessive Russia coverage, we couldn't have repealed Obamacare with such ease...

-Chris

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I'm not a millennial.

Also, lame is not a new slang term but then again it is obvious you are just playing dumb.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join