It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders says to Fight Back in Every Way That You Can

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

What I see is that the right-wing bubble is quickly becoming toxic. Did you even read the actual quote or are we down to any excuse to go on a rant, regurgitating political programming? Jesus.

Various GOP lawmakers to Tea Partiers after the election of Obama:

"They fought against tyranny and oppressive taxes, do that sound familiar? We’re continuing that revolution right here in Austin, Texas today. Thomas Jefferson said the Tree of Liberty will be fed by the blood of tyrants and patriots. You are the modern day patriots."

-- Rep. Michael McCaul, TX

"I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back."

-- former Rep. Michele Bachmann, MN

"If I could start a country with a bunch of people it would be the folks standing out here the last few days. Let’s hope we don’t have to do that. Let’s beat that other side to a pulp. Let’s take them out, let’s chase them down."

-- Rep. Steve King, IA

"If this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those Second Amendment remedies."

-- Sharron Angle, 8 years Nevada Assembly, failed US Senate candidate and Tea Party darling.

Here's some bonus material from Ted Nugent, ardent Trump supporter, unhinged nut and WH visitor of Donald Trump:

"We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November"

"If Barack Obama becomes the next president in November, again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year"

"If your child is dying and there’s only one way to get to the doctor, would you get on Harry Reid’s boat to get there? Then your child’s dead. I’d get on the boat, I’d get there and then I’d shoot him."

I can do this all day. We've all listened to 8+ years of violent rhetoric from the right-wing fringe, which you're clearly a part of. So you'll have to excuse us if the hysterical, deluded, disgustingly self-righteous and wholly sanctimonious diatribe doesn't exactly ring authentic.

But I'm sure you'll be along shortly to explain how none of that counts and all those assholes are "patriots" trying to stop the NWO-globalist-communist-cultural-Marxists-whatever-other-mumbo-jumbo-you'll-repeat.
edit on 2017-6-20 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Sometimes its just too clunky to ensure everything we type cant be over-read into.

But lets face it: generally you toe the DNC hardliner lines around here.

So it seemed pretty safe to cut corners on that paragraph.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
I listened to Sanders comments and yes, I do think the OP took them out of context.

Context? You mean the healthcare bill none of us have read to get rid of the other healthcare bill none of us have read? Sure, let's have an informed discussion. You first.

I didn't say anything about a health bill. I meant the same context you are talking about in the snippet above.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Christosterone

What a disgusting thing to say... But can we be surprised by anything the amoral left does at this point?

What's disgusting is how disingenuous the OP is. As eNumbra pointed out, the actual quote is even remotely what you make it out to be:

“we’ve got to stand up and fight back. We have got to be involved in the political process in a way that we have never been before, because what is happening in Washington right now is unprecedented.”

So either you fell for some bulls# or you knew it was bulls# and you decided to spread it anyway. It's not too late to grow some character and own up to what a complete fabrication the OP is.

Oh thats rich coming from you, guy.

(Sorry for assuming gender)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

Yeah because I post threads based on out of context, mutilated and manipulated bits of quotes sourced from Drudge's dredges of the ignorant lying underbelly of Wordpress templated half-assed propagandists.

Anything else useless you'd like to add?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Okay I played the video.

Was he not speaking about this Obamacare replacement bill? Did he not say "fight back in every way that you can"?

Sure how to interpret that would be up for debate, but how is that out of context? Out of WHAT context? Maybe I'm overlooking something?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Did I touch on a sensitive topic?
Or was it the gender thing.

And yes, most of your political threads are a bunch of text quotes, hyperbole and what ifs. Not much reality involved. I just found your post hypocritical. I think OP is way off base, I just think that you're one of the last people that has the right to call him out on it

Stick to non-political thread creation and I may gain back some of that respect I used to have for ya around here.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
But lets face it: generally you toe the DNC hardliner lines around here.

DNC hardliner?

I'm not even american. I'm non-political. Never voted and probably never will.

Just because I see and point out the hypocrisy of the right doesn't mean that I don't see it or that I defend it from the left.

Neither side is to be trusted.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
Bernie Sanders made a statement after the shooting explicitly saying that he does not condone violence. He has made many similar statements.

"I have just been informed that the alleged shooter at the Republican baseball practice is someone who apparently volunteered on my presidential campaign," the Vermont independent said in brief remarks on the Senate floor.

"I am sickened by this despicable act. Let me be as clear as I can be — violence of any kind is unacceptable in our society, and I condemn this action in the strongest possible terms. Real change can only come about through nonviolent action, and anything else runs counter to our most deeply held American values."

Sanders Of Supporter And Alleged Shooter: 'Violence Of Any Kind Is Unacceptable'

"Violence is absolutely and totally unacceptable," said Sanders, after a press conference on the jobs market with former Secretary of Labor Robert Reich. "If people are thinking about violence, please do not tell anybody you are a Bernie Sanders supporter, because those are not the supporters that I want."

Sander s Condemns Violence at Trump Rally

This is Bernie Sanders viewpoint on violence, it is very clear. In the video presented in the O.P., Sanders never promoted violence. He said to do "anything you can" in the cause for healthcare but this is a common phrase and saying it promotes violence is taking it out of context.

Either the O.P. is trying to troll Democrats, or he is not very smart.

Yeah. Although after the election, when all the rioting and beatings and blocked ambulances and property destruction was all at one of the highest peaks this century, his little addressing the nation this he did it didn't call for peaceful demonstration that I recall, instead it justified their outrage.

So it could be said that those examples you posted were more akin to PR, to saving face.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Okay SJW hardliner. I was trying to play nice.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Can't be that, I am all about free speech, gun ownership and have no problem with illegals getting deported.

By the way the context is "“we’ve got to stand up and fight back. We have got to be involved in the political process in a way that we have never been before, because what is happening in Washington right now is unprecedented.”

Not by rioting but by using the political process.
edit on 20-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

WHAT going on in DC is unprecedented, aside from all this hate war the SJW Identity Politics have stirred up?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You said you saw the video, someone called Mary asked "How do we fight or stand up to stop and have the proposed health care bill examined at least by the government, how can a citizen stop the bill at the Senate, what can we do exactly?"

He answered (paraphrasing) "fight back by getting involved in the political process."

Why is that so hard to grasp?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

What's so unprecedented about the bill that would warrant everyone jumping up to "fight back however (they) can"?

What he said in the first minute, sounded like a good thing for everyone. But that doesnt inherently mean everything he says in an entire discussion could only ever be in line with.

I thought I read that the Congress shooter had lost his Obamacare, that Obamacare (Fascism) was a major motivator for that guy.

Bernie goes hey we need to tone down the rhetoric. Then a week later calls the undoing of Obamacare (Fascism) "unprecedented" and says "fight back however you can".

Could he have in reference to "unprecedented" been speaking in larger terms than just the bill? Sounded to me like it could have. And then came "fight back" noise.

So can anyone break down for us what's so "unprecedented" about this Obamacare breakdown? Or might Bernie have been speaking in larger terms (like the stuff that has all these anti-Trump people going so nuts about, perhaps)?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Because not everyone has an I.Q. large enough to think on that well enough to come to the same conclusion most of us have here.

This continued pattern of speech is what got a group of people practicing an American pastime shot in cold blood.

There are low-IQ people on both sides of the fence, lest we forget. And with the left being so up in arms, it wouldn't take much more to push most of them over the edge into violent actions. It doesn't take much to hear something out of context either, and Sander's comment could very easily lead to more violent actions.

This is the same sort of Rhetoric that gets people weaponized, radical speech inflames people and makes them think of less-savory ways to deal with things.

If the left is so morally just and high and mighty they need to stop with the inflammatory remarks and weaponizing speech and prove they're better than the supposed "barbarians" on the right. At this point, they're all a bunch of animals.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
What's so unprecedented about the bill that would warrant everyone jumping up to "fight back however (they) can"?

I don't think it matters. It was just what Mary asked.

What he said in the first minute, sounded like a good thing for everyone. But that doesnt inherently mean everything he says in an entire discussion could only ever be in line with.

It wasn't an entire discussion. It was one answer to one question.

I thought I read that the Congress shooter had lost his Obamacare, that Obamacare (Fascism) was a major motivator for that guy.

It might have been. not really pertinent to the Q&A in question though.

Bernie goes hey we need to tone down the rhetoric. Then a week later calls the undoing of Obamacare (Fascism) "unprecedented" and says "fight back however you can".

Within the political process. That is the context.

Could he have in reference to "unprecedented" been speaking in larger terms than just the bill? Sounded to me like it could have. And then came "fight back" noise.

He was answering a specific question.

So can anyone break down for us what's so "unprecedented" about this Obamacare breakdown? Or might Bernie have been speaking in larger terms (like the stuff that has all these anti-Trump people going so nuts about, perhaps)?

Different people will no doubt take away different things but that doesn't change what he said within the context of the Q&A.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

While that may be true, it doesn't give the author of the article in the OP the right to quote things out of context. That was more inflammatory than what Bernie actually said. It obviously motivated the OP to start this thread.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

While that may be true, it doesn't give the author of the article in the OP the right to quote things out of context. That was more inflammatory than what Bernie actually said. It obviously motivated the OP to start this thread.

He's just following the precedent the MSM has been using for a while now.

Isn't it great, everything gets misquoted and screwed up. Pretty soon it'll be non-stop misunderstanding and chaos.

On either account, imo, it's despicable, but can't really do much about it. Disingenuous is the name of the game, nowadays.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

All we can do is what we are trying to do here, set the record straight.

It won't stop anyone searching for an excuse to do something extreme, from either side. I'm pretty sure it has always been that way.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

All we can do is what we are trying to do here, set the record straight.

It won't stop anyone searching for an excuse to do something extreme, from either side. I'm pretty sure it has always been that way.

Honestly, it needs to start at the top down. We went from one extream administration to the next extream administration. The people follow the example of the leadership more than they realize.

Then again, the more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join