It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Democrats Raid The Senate Floor To Stop GOP And Save Healthcare For 23 Million

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I do not support higher taxes to pay for poor people's healthcare as a form of welfare. I would support a food bank approach to medicines for the poor. Poor people can go to a food bank to get food they can't afford. Likewise, poor people can go to a medicine bank to get medicine they can't afford.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

And where is that medicine going to come from?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

From donations by the rich. I personally worked in a food bank. It's stacked full of food all the time.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

If we want to get technical the term unemployed only applies to those that were able to work and looking for work.

Still, how do expect someone that is only getting paid $8/hr for 20 hr/wk to afford cancer treatment?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Because people regularly have left over chemotherapy drugs they can donate. Or anti-retrovirals. Or any other life dependent drug.

Then there's the other logistics you have to think about. For example, who is checking to make sure the drugs being donated are actually what they're claimed to be? Not to mention there's no way to know if the drug is expired. Or been tampered with. There's a reason pharmacies don't accept drugs to be returned once they've left the pharmacy.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I don't know what the fuss is about. Liberal politicians have already proven beyond doubt they know nothing about healthcare, so why should anyone consult them? It would be like getting a second opinion on a medical matter from the staff at McDonalds.
edit on 20/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Who would monitor the security of having meds like that in one place. Nurses have to do a check and balance system every day for meds.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Gramblerlook sine big ear barryocare 3 different times at my company the best health insurance available was taken from us because barryocare said those plans were cadillac plans and for each employee using those plans my company would be hit with fines and each replacementt plan had us paying more and more deductibles and had them out right stealing money out our paychecks to go into a flex spending account to pay for copays and meds and the like but if you don't use it you lose it i have not been to the doctor in 5 years sp last year when i finally had to get the insurance with the fsa i lost 1500 dollars because i didn't use it yes i could have went to doctor and used it there but why that was money i earned. i say kill obamacare they replace with national healthcare make a 5 cent on the dollar national sales tax on everything not already covered with a national sales tax also put a sales tax on every stock exchanged in wallstreet they everyone would be paying and everyone would be using. insurance has no business in healthcare.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We COULD start a Craiglist or a Rent-A-Center type thing for healthcare!

"FOR SALE: Used Kidney, some mileage. You pay for transplant"

OR...

"Great DEALS on wheelchairs and CT scans! Livers and hearts on SALE too! 0% down and LOW APR! Get down to RENT-A-CARE!!!"

Until you MISS a payment. Then the show up with COOLERS of ice and scalpels to REPO your liver...

Its totally the American way!!!

For reelz.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

It would be really nice IMHO for government to get out of ALL healthcare, entirely, both sides of the aisle, all kinds of healthcare from big down to small. Gone ... done ... no government in healthcare.

No more laws that cannot be read until they are passed, blah blah blah.

Let companies contract directly with hospitals for their own employees, and compete for good LOCAL market rates. And for families too - local market rates. Yes, healthcare will be more or less expensive in different localities. That is as it should be.

I think we could do a lot better without these silly pols and their endless special interests and badly made laws. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Still, how do expect someone that is only getting paid $8/hr for 20 hr/wk to afford cancer treatment?

...and this is the tax payers' problem because?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

there was a old movie about this

cant remember the name

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: JinMI

The affordable health care act was not a give away. Or free.
So they paid there own way too..
I bet your boss pays half of yours....

"Their" own way was not paid. They were forced to buy insurance (not healthcare).

My boss does not in fact pay half my insurance premium. Guess who also doesn't pay my deductible?

You're missing the logic train here. Americans being forced to uphold the financial well being of healthcare, insurance, pharmaceutical and lobbyist industries. If you wish to keep giving that fact validation, be my guest. Most others here see right through it. The mafia has better rates.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well considering places like Walmart would rather teach their employees how to apply for/exploit welfare, I'd say that 100% makes it the taxpayers' issue.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
That's what Medicaid is for...

No one will lose insurance for even one day if they don't want to!

And who pays for Medicaid? You don't see it as irresponsible to try and move people to Medicaid while simultaneously not giving them the proper budget to handle that?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: carewemust

What's funny is when Obamacare came into effect in 2010, 30 million lost their insurance and the leftists just called that egg breakage to make an omelet.

The only people that lost their insurance to the ACA were people who were underinsured in the first place. They didn't have coverage that met the legal definition of insurance, yet they were being told they had insurance.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

No.

That's not true.

So many more, even paying for insurance,, don't have coverage just because the deductible is so high.

Obamacare is an embarrassing joke.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Aazadan

No.

That's not true.

So many more, even paying for insurance,, don't have coverage just because the deductible is so high.

Obamacare is an embarrassing joke.

ObamaScrew is a Ponzi scheme that even Bernie Madoff would have been too embarrassed to pull off.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: onehuman

So far, they have held virtually no public hearings on the matter, and have refused to allow their Democratic colleagues any access to the language in the bill.

Probably have to pass it to read it, amirite?

That is the way the Democrats rolled when they forced ObamaCare down everyone's throat, in the dead of night, ink still fresh, nobody but party donors and their lawyers knew what was in it. They lost seats ever since.

Yeah, but at least congress was able to debate it and discuss it for over a year first.

Besides, the entire Pelosi thing wasn't the entire quote, it was edited to give conservatives what they wanted to hear.

Keep listening to those talking points...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

...and this is the tax payers' problem because?

Because civilized countries don't condemn poor people to die earlier just because they can't afford medical care.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join