It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Democrats Raid The Senate Floor To Stop GOP And Save Healthcare For 23 Million

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: markovian

It would still be a good idea for you to buy a PPO Discount card for $9.95 a month. You'll save an average of 20% on all medical checkups and care received. You never know when you'll get sick or injured.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

I had no idea that ANY state had more Welfare recipients than workers. WOW! That's almost unimaginable.

As far as Illinois is concerned, my knowledge is first-hand. If the Feds send any money to my state for it to build a health insurance system for residents, much of it will be syphoned off by the same crooked politicians/cronies who have us looking at an official "fiscal default" on June 30th.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Unbelievable indeed.
Here is some proper info on that..I believe there is a bit of hyperbole going on as to the nature of "welfare"

www.factcheck.org...
edit on 20-6-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Sure didn't see them have this much passion when Pelsoi said we had to pass Obama care to find out what was in the bill.
edit on 20-6-2017 by Oathkeeper73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu
Truth is healthcare should be an individual's duty,always was when I grew up,it's not free you are taxed for it,when the government is in control of your money,they could care less if they save money,your paying for it,the big Pharm,and healthcare system is the same NWO,one agenda,control of all money,don't drink the kool aid till you read the contents

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I believe this is a lie. I clearly remember a year of debates and amendments on the congress floor.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: onehuman

So far, they have held virtually no public hearings on the matter, and have refused to allow their Democratic colleagues any access to the language in the bill.

Probably have to pass it to read it, amirite?

That is the way the Democrats rolled when they forced ObamaCare down everyone's throat, in the dead of night, ink still fresh, nobody but party donors and their lawyers knew what was in it. They lost seats ever since.

Yeah, but at least congress was able to debate it and discuss it for over a year first.

Besides, the entire Pelosi thing wasn't the entire quote, it was edited to give conservatives what they wanted to hear.

It was Pelosi's exact words. And recall , she held the House hostage and told them no one would leave until it passed. On a Saturday nigh. At midnight.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Are you a Limbaugh listener (sound just like him). Not a slam, I used to be. I disagree with your approach of stating who pays what. It should be a percent-or a flat tax everyone pays.

What I will fight tooth and nail is any attempt to force the top 20% of earners, who already pay about 88% of the taxes when the bottom 60% pays less than 4%, to pay for ANY of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

For any of 1 through 3 to ever have chance of working the laws must be upheld pertaining to monopolistic practices, price collusion, price fixing, charging for like services, unfair trade practices, all state and federal consumer law needs to be applied.

Without doing the above it really does not matter what system government applies to medical industry - it's doomed to failure.

Everyone should quit playing the cost shifting game which hides fact that criminal behavior is behind unaffordable healthcare.

What's scary is how many (majority) gleefully and wantonly desire to go along with codifying criminal activity into new law on the slight chance they'll avoid being the victim of it.

edit on 20-6-2017 by Phoenix because: Add comment

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Let's hope the GOP can fix healthcare for the other 300 million of us. My premium is 5x what it was before.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Do you have any hope that the GOP is going to fix this? They had their chance with the ACA, and both the D and R came up with this horrible plan.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: carewemust

Has anyone got a picture or scan of these "Soros checks" that pay for these protesters?

'Cause I, nor any of my friends that have gone to protest events or town halls have ever gotten paid or anything at all.

You make the claim, you show the hard evidence.

Pics or it didn't happen, bro.

Just because the useful idiots aren't being paid, doesn't mean noone is making bank...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

The affordable health care act was not a give away. Or free.
So they paid there own way too..
I bet your boss pays half of yours....

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Did anyone tell these democrats that Obamacare is a miserable failure that is about to collapse on its own?

Anyone wanna take bets how long it takes one of these dems to blame Russia for the Obamacare repeal tonight?

and you know it's failing how?....by listening to Hannity, Limbaugh, and right-wingers?...yeah there might be tens of thousands of people with higher deductions and co-pays, but in your world, the millions of poor people that it actually helped are just dumbasses who you and the republican congressmen don't give a damn about...screw em' right?....the wealthy need their tax cuts, and no sniveling poor person deserves help.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

It's not about wealthy or the poor. It's about fairness. We have 1 person 1 vote. The rich shouldn't foot the bills for the poor who can't pay. What next? Free food and free houses for the poor who can't afford them? Might as well get rid of the homeless.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: jjkenobi

Do you have any hope that the GOP is going to fix this? They had their chance with the ACA, and both the D and R came up with this horrible plan.

c'mon...republicans want the poor to get sick and die, if you are too poor to get your own healthcare, you are useless to GOP

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

It's not about wealthy or the poor. It's about fairness. We have 1 person 1 vote. The rich shouldn't foot the bills for the poor who can't pay. What next? Free food and free houses for the poor who can't afford them? Might as well get rid of the homeless.

it's all about the wealthy and poor, it has been for a while....follow where the money is going to go when those healthcare dollars are cut. you don't even have to speculate, the right tells you the wealthy and corporate are going to get their taxes cut....this isn't hidden, this is a blatant F.U. to the poor

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

If the poor want good service, they are welcome to get off drugs and get off couch and start working for it. Trump didn't become a billionaire by being lazy smoking marijuana on his couch and taking welfare.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Most people that are unemployed are actively looking for jobs. And as we've seen from states that drug test welfare recipients, very few people on welfare also do drugs.

Even if that wasn't the case though it still doesn't justify letting someone die simply because they can't afford insurance.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Most people that are unemployed are actively looking for jobs.

Really?
When was the last time you saw a line at the employment counter at Target, Walmart, or Home Depot?
When was the last time you didn't see a line at the welfare office?
We are no longer a prosperous ethical society of intelligent independent hard working people.
Trust me most people who are unemployed choose to be that way.
Not all but most.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join