It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Democrats Raid The Senate Floor To Stop GOP And Save Healthcare For 23 Million

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote

Yes this is the system that the R's and D's fought for a year over.

And by fight I mean eat catered lunches and work for 3 hours a day.

Very few are not corrupt, and this thread shows how silly D vs R is.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Hospitals don't just let people die in the way you are acting they do.

I had chest pains some months ago, thousands of dollars of procedures done on me at no cost to me, because they were more worried about my health than .000001% of their annual income.

Different forms of money, donations, funds, etc go towards this type of thing all around the nation.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Im neither...if our government crumbled tomorrow i wouldnt even blink

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
Just curious -- and I promise to be nice
, I want to hear policy positions, ideas for a healthcare fix, and most importantly, who pays for it and how.

First we have to come to a consensus that the medical community is making too much money from medical tests ($7,000 CAT scan), a night at the hospital ($1,000), Cancer meds ($18,000 @ shot), Bypass Operation ($140,000), etc..

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Don't get cancer with out insurance---hold it don't get cancer with insurance.....wait..

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

Hospitals don't just let people die in the way you are acting they do.

I had chest pains some months ago, thousands of dollars of procedures done on me at no cost to me, because they were more worried about my health than .000001% of their annual income.

Different forms of money, donations, funds, etc go towards this type of thing all around the nation.

You think that is throughout the system that they actually let droves of people have healthcare, as you mention in hospitals, for free? If a true account, consider yourself lucky.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

edit on 19-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: double post

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: SBMcG
Just curious -- and I promise to be nice
, I want to hear policy positions, ideas for a healthcare fix, and most importantly, who pays for it and how.

First we have to come to a consensus that the medical community is making too much money from medical tests ($7,000 CAT scan), a night at the hospital ($1,000), Cancer meds ($18,000 @ shot), , etc..Bypass Operation ($140,000)

Can't competition fix much of that?

What about liability laws in this country?

How about a small (0.025% or so) national tax to finance catastrophic health insurance for those pesky $140,000 bypass operations, lol?

I agree with you that healthcare is crazy expensive, but it's not all price-gouging at the consumer level.
edit on 19-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I agree with you. If you need chemo with no insurance, this will not be as easy as an getting an EKG.

You will get whatever the state mandated minimum treatment for cancer, and kick you out the door.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Way to much $$$.

We are told globalizing is good and right.

Let's average global medical costs, and charge that. Or is globalizing only good when dicking over a worker?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

No competition will not fix this.

It is a monopoly, and now the insurance industry has ran it's course and is now on a bubble. To the financial world it is now about timing the market to sell before the collapse.

The system will not be fixed.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
7.5 Billion in lobbying money buys lots of protection from both sides of the aisle. Reshuffle is the secret.

Expect financial rape of average Americans to continue unabated as congress rearranges deck chairs.

One and only workable solution of upholding current laws is like touching proverbial third rail.

It's never to be mentioned by MSM, politicians or attorney generals both federal and state lest the people become restless indeed.

But continue on and enjoy rest of the voyage - never mind I said anything and please don't worry about who's paid the officers of the ship - that's a no no.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

The states are well in their right to create a system. There already is a system that everyone who wanted to could sign on to. Medicaid. I do not know the how the system could go wide like that.

My preference would be to work within the framework of the existing Constitution and allow the states to pass their own healthcare laws (or not) creating this massively competitive market. Let Medicaid do what it did before Obamacare -- pick up the slack.

If something is not done, it will collapse. It is grown too big with out regulations on costs . It is not sustainable. Anyone who says it is, is lying.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
America cannot afford Obamacare. It is costing everyone too much money. I believed it was better than not doing anything when it was passed, I thought it was a step in the right direction. But when I saw what it was doing and how it raised insurance rates for everyone, I now feel it is a failure, something that should have been stopped from the start. I think we need socialized medicine for the basic coverage like many other countries have. If a person wants extended coverage, they can buy a policy. But all hospitals would be required to accept the basic coverage to treat illnesses. Our government should be employing the doctors and hospitals. Our healthcare system is a big scam, although there are quite a few good doctors, there are still more that would abuse the system. Not always for personal gain though, sometimes it is to make sure that others working for healthcare are working since a majority of factory jobs disappeared.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

(Americans Can't Afford The American Medical System)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Democrats being babies. There's nothing new under the sun, right?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I really only see three workable options:

1. Change the Constitution and allow the Federal government to establish socialized medicine a la the UK or Canada and go from paying about 17% of our GDP in taxes to the high 30's.

2. Empower the states to establish their own systems with Medicaid filling in the gaps.

3. Allow Obamacare to collapse and do nothing. That would return us to the system we had before Obamacare.

My preference would be #2 along with tort reform and a national tax PAID BY EVERYONE subsidizing catastrophic health insurance.

What I will fight tooth and nail is any attempt to force the top 20% of earners, who already pay about 88% of the taxes when the bottom 60% pays less than 4%, to pay for ANY of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The whole system can crash and burn ... i dont buy it anymore anyway ... ill pay cash and go to a doctor i want to

Last time i had insurance it was 70 bucks a week and when i went to use it i had to drive across town to 1 small place with a line out the door ... i ask why are there so many people hear ... this is one of 3 places in the city that take blue cross blue sheild ... went wtf i pay 280 per month ... more than my car payment for inshurance where i can hardly use it if and when i need it with a 50$ copay
The visit without inshurance was 50 also

Now all that money is in a jar to pay for when i need it ... thats not inshurance thats some let us bleed u dry whall u think ur safe

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

If states are given the autonomy (i.e. lots of $$$$) by the Federal Government to set up their own systems, I can think of 3 right now that I would not want to live in. New York / California / Illinois What do those 3 have in common on this subject?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

If states are given the autonomy (i.e. lots of $$$$) by the Federal Government to set up their own systems, I can think of 3 right now that I would not want to live in. New York / California / Illinois What do those 3 have in common on this subject?

You are wise beyond your years, my friend.

Not only are two of those three states effectively bankrupt (especially IL), but they are also the trifecta of welfare states -- each one having more residents on welfare than in the workforce!

The following listing of states has more residents that receive welfare versus an employed population.

1. California

2. New Mexico

3. Hawaii

4. Mississippi

5. Alabama

6. South Carolina

7. Illinois

8. Kentucky

9. Ohio

10. New York

11. Maine

States with Higher Welfare Recipients than Employed Population

I'm guessin' that if a state has a large welfare population, they're going to be handing out a lot of "free" healthcare too.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join