It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Democrats Raid The Senate Floor To Stop GOP And Save Healthcare For 23 Million

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I just saw this go by on another news feed, cant tell if it really is actually happening right now because the article isn't exactly dated, but thought id post it just in case it is true. The LIVE FEED does appear to be working though. ( Just a side thought.) Wonder if it has anything to do with phones and internet down???

Some snips from article:

Democrats have just taken over the Senate. They are going to speak non-stop all night on the Senate floor in an attempt to stop Republicans and the Trump administration from taking away health insurance for more than 23 million Americans.

Despite the all night marathon, Democrats also plan on blocking routine business matters. They aren’t playing around anymore. And, there’s good news, too. Republicans have very little room in order to swing a simple majority vote – they can only lose two of their party members’ if no Democrats join their cause to help pass Trumpcare.

Senator Chuck Schumer kicked off the session with a blistering attack on the GOP for attempting to pass Trumpcare in secret. So far, they have held virtually no public hearings on the matter, and have refused to allow their Democratic colleagues any access to the language in the bill.

There is obviously more to the article which can BE READ HERE:

As I mentioned above there is also a live feed of it going on as well at the above link.

ETA: It has been pointed out to me that this has already been posted. My fault for missing that, but all I have done here is post the fact it is happening now and also the fact if anyone wishes to watch it there is a live feed at the link. I did not post my personal opinions on any of it one way or the other. The title is from the article and not mine. I will also continue to keep my own opinions to myself. I just posted for those that may be interested in the now ongoing proceedings. Thanks.
edit on 6/19/17 by onehuman because: Added thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

So far, they have held virtually no public hearings on the matter, and have refused to allow their Democratic colleagues any access to the language in the bill.

Probably have to pass it to read it, amirite?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

"take away health insurance."

Just pondering the ramifications of that should make anyone who pays their own way smile.

Do people understand that health care is so expensive because of government/insurance/big pharma's actions?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Let's just be clear ... This is the RINOs playing the JackAss game.

If people cared about America, if they cared about healthcare, if they cared about you and me, if they wanted 'fair' ... there would be no REPLACE ... just a lot of REPEAL.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

See if you can merge my thread into yours. Let's give this subject more exposure!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Democrats are even more callous than anyone imagined!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Breaking: Who are they saving it for because me and many people I work with at my factory (we make pretty decent wages) opt out of healthcare due to it's cost??

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
It isnt even that bad, they can't stop everything, more so a slow down.
The liberal media I keep an eye on is MSN.com and they qoute this is more so to draw attention to the matter.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
You know, if this GOP healthcare thing is going to be so, so great ... with so much "winning" and a "yuge" deal ...

You'd think they'd at least have some conversations on it, debate it or something.

The fact is...they went back and forth about the ACA for months and months. This nonsense?

All done in secret.

Generally deals and plans drawn up in secret are done so for a reason, and it's usually not because its full of fun surprises for the American public.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Did anyone tell these democrats that Obamacare is a miserable failure that is about to collapse on its own?

Anyone wanna take bets how long it takes one of these dems to blame Russia for the Obamacare repeal tonight?
edit on 19-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

So far, they have held virtually no public hearings on the matter, and have refused to allow their Democratic colleagues any access to the language in the bill.

That is the way the Democrats rolled when they forced ObamaCare down everyone's throat, in the dead of night, ink still fresh, nobody but party donors and their lawyers knew what was in it. They lost seats ever since.

link   

You're f***king kidding me, right?

Saving us?

Assholes created the monster that is the ACA in the first place.

Cut the infection out.

23 million people can lose insurance for a few months... Lord knows that many times that got royally screwed for years because of this monster, self included.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Another thread where we get to see supposed anti-fascist liberals all act like real fascism (Obamacare) must be defended at all costs.

edit on 19-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

link   
Why do they want to read the bill?
They had to pass the last one to see what was in it . so what's the big deal this time?
Congress has become a place full of people who act like they belong in elementary school .
JFC...just grow up and represent the people by doing your jobs ,sit down and talk about things and work something out dammit!

link   

Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

That is the way the Democrats rolled when they forced ObamaCare down everyone's throat, in the dead of night, ink still fresh, nobody but party donors and their lawyers knew what was in it. They lost seats ever since.

Yeah, that was my point.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The repubs have the senate majority, spineless rinos, as expected will cave, this is a game for your entertainment.. Should be just a simple majority to pass any bill, remove the joke that is DC just a tad down....this is garbage for the masses...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
"Democrats Raid The Senate Floor To Stop GOP And Save Healthcare For 23 Million"

Who's going to save those 23 million from the collapse of Obamacare?

Not one Republican voted for the Obamacare disaster. Why should they fix it, especially when pretty much ALL those 23 million on taxpayer-funded healthcare vote liberal?

Screw 'em!

Let Obamacare collapse and teach the country a good lesson in what happens when liberal are in charge.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Yeah, but at least congress was able to debate it and discuss it for over a year first.

Besides, the entire Pelosi thing wasn't the entire quote, it was edited to give conservatives what they wanted to hear.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

23 million people can lose insurance for a few months... Lord knows that many times that got royally screwed for years because of this monster, self included.

That's what Medicaid is for...

No one will lose insurance for even one day if they don't want to!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Democrats saving healthcare of 23 million.

Republicans saving healthcare for the remaining 300 million.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join