It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharyl Attkisson interviews Jason Chaffetz New Boss same as the Old Boss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Not his exact words but almost. Think y'all know I am right leaning but his openness speaks strongly to what much of us know and are seeing with Congress and the Administration. To be fair (from my perspective) I believe all the investigations are diverting the white house from putting attention on changes that are needed in white house personal. Or can they even be changed? There seems to be no moderate anything in DC.

There is a video of this interview at Full Measure and is worth the watch. You here the frustration and I have left some of it out. (sorry, only know how to embed ytube)

Chaffetz

Trump administration and the Obama administration. I thought there would be this, these floodgates would open up with all the documents we wanted from the Department of State, the Department of Justice, the Pentagon. In many ways, it's almost worse because we're getting nothing, and that's terribly frustrating and with all due respect, the Attorney General has not changed at all. I find him to be worse than what I saw with Loretta Lynch in terms of releasing documents and making things available. I just, that's my experience, and that's not what I expected.

Sharyl: What were some of the investigations that this committee was stalled on that you hoped could be picked up now, that's not been able to happen in terms of documents not provided by federal agencies?

Jason Chaffetz: We have everything from the Hillary Clinton email investigation, which is really one of the critical things. There was the investigation into the IRS. And one that was more than 7 years old is Fast and Furious. I mean, we have been in court trying to pry those documents out of the Department of Justice and still to this day, they will not give us those documents. And at the State Department, nothing. Stone cold silence.

Speaking of John Koskinen, head of IRS

Jason Chaffetz: Now look, you have more than 50 Republicans pleading with President Trump to release him, um, to let him go, fire him. Uh, or at least encourage him to retire. No, he's still there. No changes. Nobody was fired. Nobody was prosecuted. Nobody was held accountable. We tried to issue subpoenas, we tried to hold people in contempt and the Obama Administration said, no, and the Trump Administration came in and did zero. Nothing. Nothing changed

Sharyl asks, Is congress broken?

Jason Chaffetz: Congress doesn't stand up for itself. I think it's, it's really lost its way. They say, oh, we'll use the power of the purse. That doesn't work. First of all, they never do cut funding. Even getting people to come up and testify before Congress, the Obama Administration at the end of their term, they got so brazen they stopped sending people up. They just didn't care. And, and there was no way to enforce that, and until that changes, uh the legislative branch is going to get weaker and weaker.

He goes on to speak about the required fundraising for Dems and Repubs and the hardships. He has to raise about 1mil per year.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Abolish Government Censorship.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
here's a video of the interview...

it was worth watching, he seems to describe the problems in dc pretty good....

new topics

join