It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold on a minute - Were conservatives right, about gay rights?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Of course we were right.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm agnostic and I really couldn't care less whether gay people can get married or not. Was just pointing out as an objective observer you obviously harbor bigotry toward Christians, along with a gross misunderstanding of what the Taliban is.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

But keep up with the hissy fits, they seem to make weak-spined politicians kneel over and kiss asses. That's the best way to move society forward, with tantrums. Good job.

That's the way this country has worked for centuries. Every minority group has had to fight and scream for equal rights and treatment. In the 50s and 60s you would have been one of those guys talking about African Americans throwing tantrums during civil rights. If you lived in 1900-1920 you'd be talking about women throwing tantrums to be allowed to vote.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But lets look at Canada. Now its illegals to not call someone "wormkin" if they identify as part worm and chose that as their preferred pronoun. Coming to the US soon, I bet.

I wonder if a wormkin can marry a dog in Canada if the dog identifies as humankin?

Can you provide a link detailing where someone had to call someone a wormkin specifically?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You can be sure not..everybody yapping about Canada lately, I have yet to see any examples of the bovine scat that is being called fact..just my observation of course.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Not all Christians are this way, but there are some who want their country to be legislated according to their warped "Christian" values. VP Pence is one.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Hmm perhaps you ought to reaad more carefully before you post.

Some of the hristain bakers that have been found guilty were over more than just two people wanting their names on a cake. No the outrage shoppers had to go further and demand cakes that said "Support Gay Marriage"

Ashers Bakery, run by the McArthur family, was accused of discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation after declining to produce a cake with an image of Sesame Street puppets Bert and Ernie below the motto Support Gay Marriage.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

You can spout off all you want about what your interpretation is of christian beliefs.

I personally am in support of gay marriage. But if outrage shoppers can look around to specifically find the one bakery that won't do a gay marriage, and the law rules that they must or they are discriminating, then gay bakeries should have to do cakes that are against their beliefs.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You sound like someone who uses the n word to describe a black person but insists not all black people are n words.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

They absolutely should. Even if you believe it's hate speech, hate speech is free speech according to the SCOTUS.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I can't comment on other countries, but in the U.S., no baker has to decorate a cake in any way that is offensive to them (I.e., penis cakes, vulgar language, anti-religion, etc). The laws state you have to be willing to sell the same product to one group that you sell to everyone else.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

No, I am the kind of person who knows not all Muslims support the Taliban or ISIS.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I don't have a dog in this fight, I'm agnostic and I really couldn't care less whether gay people can get married or not. Was just pointing out as an objective observer you obviously harbor bigotry toward Christians, along with a gross misunderstanding of what the Taliban is.

It was an obvious exaggeration but her point was valid.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Cool deflection from your bigotry against Christians.

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: face23785

It was an obvious exaggeration but her point was valid.

I know what she was trying to say. There's hyperbole, and then there's what she said which was ridiculous, and still bigoted no matter how you wanna spin it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I can't comment on other countries, but in the U.S., no baker has to decorate a cake in any way that is offensive to them (I.e., penis cakes, vulgar language, anti-religion, etc). The laws state you have to be willing to sell the same product to one group that you sell to everyone else.

Well the law sucks.

I stand by that most gay people were just as disappointed in the few people that ran around outrage shopping to try to shut down Christian bakeries.

But thats ok. These outrage shoppers and people like them are a big reason the left is becoming less and less popular. If the democrats don't rain these people in, they are going to lose again and again.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Well the law sucks.

I stand by that most gay people were just as disappointed in the few people that ran around outrage shopping to try to shut down Christian bakeries.

But thats ok. These outrage shoppers and people like them are a big reason the left is becoming less and less popular. If the democrats don't rain these people in, they are going to lose again and again.

Agreed. I don't know a ton of gay people, although I know a fair bit and anecdotally I'd say about 10% of them agree with what was done to those Christian bakers. The rest said just go to another bakery, nobody is trying to stop you from getting married. And the 10% that were ok with it was more about vindictive attitude than it was about right/wrong. This stuff doesn't go over well with the average Joe who just wants to put food on the table and pay their bills and have his kids grow up to live better than he/she does.
edit on 20 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I'm sorry you aren't aware that there are far right wing Christian groups who work very hard to get laws passed that follow their very conservative personal beliefs. Doesn't mean its not true just because you aren't aware of it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Keep pretending I'm the problem here, bigot. You can pretend I don't know what you're talking about, the fact is you're the very thing you think you despise.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

But lets look at Canada. Now its illegals to not call someone "wormkin" if they identify as part worm and chose that as their preferred pronoun. Coming to the US soon, I bet.

I wonder if a wormkin can marry a dog in Canada if the dog identifies as humankin?

Can you provide a link detailing where someone had to call someone a wormkin specifically?

I am busy now, but two things.

1. the law just started.

2. Dr. Jordan peterson goes over in a video of his how th law makes people call someone whatever pronoun they wish, and he goes through a list the includes wormkin.

I will try to post it later.

But you will admit that this is over the libe if I find it?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Again, "Support Gay Marriage" isn't an insulting message. It doesn't insult the person making the cake, it's asking for support for their cause. I could see people wanting cakes like that at civil union ceremonies before it was legal. It's true that people were doing things like that on purpose to shut down businesses run by bigots, but I'm okay with that. In today's world, you don't discriminate against people over petty differences that they have no control over. It's that simple. Get with the program, or go live somewhere else that isn't founded on freedom and equality. No businesses should discriminate whether owned by straight or gay people, but a directly insulting message is much different than "Praise Jesus" or "Support gay marriage".

Christians are completely delusional in thinking that gay marriage in any way shape or form contradicts their values, the teachings of Jesus or of the the new testament in general. It's been blown out of proportion by a couple cherry picked verses in the old testament by Christian fundamentalists that have made a political campaign out of it. You can ignore these facts all you want, but it's not a Christian thing. Most Christians I know are for gay marriage. It's a fundamentalist thing.
edit on 6 20 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I'm curious myself,
If true..I wonder who deals with this? I suspect most police forces would not want their time wasted with such ridiculous crap.
Human right's tribunal maybe..there is an unaccountable entity here in Canuckville.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join