It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold on a minute - Were conservatives right, about gay rights?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I've had this conversation in other threads. My main issue with the bathroom deal is from a practicality standpoint. Men's rooms have urinals, women's rooms don't. If you have a penis, you should use the men's room. It's equipped for what you have. Otherwise, you're unnecessarily taking up space in a ladies room that doesn't have the proper facilities for your anatomy. You may think its no big deal, but tell that to women who already have to stand in longer lines at sporting events and whatnot that will get even longer because guys want to sit down to pee in their restroom when they could be using the urinal in the men's room.

Bottom line, considering the actual oppression and atrocities going on in the world, if your big stressor in life is that someone thinks you should use the restroom that matches your anatomy, you've got it pretty #in good.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: deadlyhope

Not to play the, "I told you so" game, but yes, we were correct. Everything we claimed would be pushed for is being pushed for, and then some!!

Heaven forbid gays get treated equally. Whats the main reason why everyone says they hate gays because the magical fairy in the sky says you should hate them. Yeah that's a good reason.

Equally? So, which gay-owned businesses were shut down for refusing to support Biblical ideals on a cake, or in photos, etc?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: face23785

No, what the homophobes said was if we let gays marry each other then people will be marrying dogs and cats and toaster ovens. Didn't happen.

There is a HUGE difference between gay/trans people and pedophiles. Consensual adults verses victimizing children. HUGE difference.

I will admit to being hyperbolic with the following statement.

Sure they aren't saying to marry dogs and cats.

But lets look at Canada. Now its illegals to not call someone "wormkin" if they identify as part worm and chose that as their preferred pronoun. Coming to the US soon, I bet.

I wonder if a wormkin can marry a dog in Canada if the dog identifies as humankin?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You would have to find those that refused first.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

So Shoebat.com decided to call some 13 prominent pro-gay bakers in a row. Each one denied us the right to have “Gay Marriage Is Wrong” on a cake and even used deviant insults and obscenities against us. One baker even said all sorts of profanities against Christians and ended the conversation by saying that she will make me a cookie with a large phallus on it.

It was all recorded. It will stun the American people as to how militant and intolerant the homosexual bakers were. Even after we completed our experiment we got a ton of hate messages saying that we were “hateful” for simply giving them a taste of their own medicine. They argued that the slogan “Gay Marriage Is Wrong” is not the same thing as “Support Gay Marriage” as if an opposite view of a view is hateful. This would mean that the majority of Americans who oppose gay marriage are “bigoted” and “hate filled”. “Support Polygamy” or “Polygamy is Wrong” are views, yet the first which the Muslim supports and the second most Americans would never support, but both are opinions and are considered free speech.

shoebat.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Take them to court.

I'd wager that they lose because of the intent but you never know.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Take them to court.

I'd wager that they lose because of the intent but you never know.

I wouldn't take them to court, because I fully support their ability to refuse service to people with messages they find offensive, just like I supported the Christian bakers rights.

Further more, I find the "outrage shopping" of searching for someone to deny you is immoral and ridiculous, and don't support anyone who does this.

I was just pointing out that gay bakers have refused Christian values cakes.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Not you personally. Whoever is asking for equal treatment for biblical ideals.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You'd have to find Christians who were so rude as to want to force their views on the business owners, too.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Being gay is more than just about sex. Little girls watch Disney movies about a girl falling in love with Prince Charming, and it's not about sex. Children see their parents holding hands or hugging each other and that doesn't sexualize them.

There is nothing sexual about learning that sometimes a man can fall in love with Prince Charming, or that sometimes two men or two women could hold hands or hug each other just like mom and dad do.

That would be marketing decisions. If you want to make an animated movie about those things, go ahead. Disney knows where the money is at, and it's not with less than 3% of the population.

My post had nothing to do with marketing. It had to do with the point that one can talk about love between two people without it being about sex.

And my reply is that the people who want to make money with movies know that will not sell general admission tickets and will hurt their brand name.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Check above.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

a reply to: deadlyhope

Alternative question.

Were conservatives completely and utterly wrong and now desperately scramble to find justification for their bigotry?

Nope, that would be a false premise and leading question.

Unlike the Op?

No, not at all like the OP.

You had a false premise (assumed bigotry) and a leading question (automatically inferring error and justification for assumed bigotry)

Maybe you could try again.

Unlike the OP which was a leading question and a whole smorgasbord of falsehoods.

Here is the list of reasons for people opposing equal rights for gays.

1: Bigotry
2: .........nope that really is it.

More false premises.

Gays have equal rights. (Hint: there is no right to marriage. At least, that's what 'right' I assume you are talking about.)

The reason they were being denied licenses was because the laws said 'one man + one woman', not because they said 'gays need not apply.' There was no litmus test for sexuality. A gay man could marry any woman, straight or gay. There simply is no reason for a government to care about the union of same gender people, no reason to incentivize it. But since a man and woman can procreate and create new tax payers, there is a compelling interest to promote a stable union with legal commitments to any child created from that union.

Are you also interested in the so-called 'rights' of siblings, adults/minors, parent/child, first cousins, and polygamists, and other restricted unions? Governments say they can't get licenses either. And hey, those unions are heterosexual! How wierd!

So we have established that gays are not special. They were not singled out. Be an adult and realize that equal treatment doesn't always treat you the way you want, but the way that is equal.

But keep up with the hissy fits, they seem to make weak-spined politicians kneel over and kiss asses. That's the best way to move society forward, with tantrums. Good job.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

So we have established that gays are not special. They were not singled out. Be an adult and realize that equal treatment doesn't always treat you the way you want, but the way that is equal.

Well, you seemed to have convinced yourself.

But keep up with the hissy fits, they seem to make weak-spined politicians kneel over and kiss asses. That's the best way to move society forward, with tantrums. Good job.

Being vocal is the only thing that works. Calling them tantrums doesn't really lessen their effect.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
Equally? So, which gay-owned businesses were shut down for refusing to support Biblical ideals on a cake, or in photos, etc?

Stop pretending you are using "biblical ideals". Homosexuality isn't even mentioned in the new testament, which is supposed to be the cornerstone of your faith. You are referring to one single verse in the old testament as unwavering truth while ignoring the numerous other commandments in that very same book allowing slavery, the stoning of disobedient children, forbidding eating shellfish, forbidding the wearing of mixed fabrics, etc. Do you take all of those verses as literal truth as well or are you cherry picking? As if I even need to ask...

Don't try to disguise bigotry and fear with the bible or following god. If anything, that makes your argument fall off a cliff. I'd wager that a business owned by a homosexual wouldn't have a problem with putting biblical stuff on a cake if that's what the customer wanted. Any business that refuses a paying customer is destined for failure.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

The sibling/cousin/child marriages involve victims. Children of immediate family members tend to be born with major health defects. Children are too young to enter into a marriage contract. Gay adults aren't victims.

There is no requirement to have children with a marriage license, therefore there is no reason to deny gay adults to marry the consenting same sex adults of their choice.

The ONLY reason gay people were not allowed to marry the consenting adult of their choice was because of the efforts of the Christian Taliban to shut them out.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I was just pointing out that gay bakers have refused Christian values cakes.

LMAO! They called gay bakers and asked if they would have "Gay marriage is wrong" on a cake? And you call this evidence of refused Christian values? That is absurd.

First, "Gay marriage is wrong" is a directly insulting statement and it doesn't represent Christian values in the slightest. This isn't evidence of anything except they won't bake a cake that's sole purpose is to insult them. As I mentioned in the post right above this one, being anti gay isn't a Christian value. There are little to no scriptures about it in the new testament and only a handful in the old testament. Calling it a Christian value is laughable. If they refused to bake a cake that said, "Jesus is Lord!", then you could say they are refusing Christian values.

Second, this isn't comparable to Christians refusing wedding cakes with 2 male names on them. NOT EVEN CLOSE. It's not like they were going to the bakery and asking for a cake that says "Christians are morons! Hail Satan!". Apples to oranges, and based on telephone surveys that barely cover any ground. Very flawed study there.

edit on 6 20 17 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Calling them the "Christian Taliban" is delusional and shows you have your own bigotry you should probably try to overcome.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am of the belief that gay rights was about validation. The pot smokers want validation, as well as many other groups that have strayed from mainstream morality. I smoke cigarettes, but I don't expect that I deserve the right to smoke wherever I choose, regardless of other peoples values. I don't need validation... I recognize that my choices may not be acceptible to everyone.

I believe that gay people should be equal members of society, and that they should never have to fear reprisal for their decision... but they are not entitled to public validation for their choice. As a conservative, I believe(d) that gay people deserve equal protection under the law and that they deserve to be treated as a civil union when they so desire to be.

My appologies if my beliefs offend anyone, I will surely abstain from pushung them on you

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Being gay is more than just about sex. Little girls watch Disney movies about a girl falling in love with Prince Charming, and it's not about sex. Children see their parents holding hands or hugging each other and that doesn't sexualize them.

There is nothing sexual about learning that sometimes a man can fall in love with Prince Charming, or that sometimes two men or two women could hold hands or hug each other just like mom and dad do.

That would be marketing decisions. If you want to make an animated movie about those things, go ahead. Disney knows where the money is at, and it's not with less than 3% of the population.

My post had nothing to do with marketing. It had to do with the point that one can talk about love between two people without it being about sex.

And my reply is that the people who want to make money with movies know that will not sell general admission tickets and will hurt their brand name.

Jesus. Forget about movies. Think educating young children about gay people. You don't have to get into sex to talk about gay people.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: kaylaluv

Calling them the "Christian Taliban" is delusional and shows you have your own bigotry you should probably try to overcome.

And denial is not a river in Egypt.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join