It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold on a minute - Were conservatives right, about gay rights?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Are the liberals correct in their observation of Trumpkins?

They started the game.
We can play their game.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
What conservatives want is to go back to the 1950's, when women and blacks knew their place and homosexuals were hidden in the closet.

So sad that ATS has become an alt right site.

So sad that they are screaming about a kid who seems happy that his parents let him dress up like a girl sometimes, yet there's no screaming about a kid who accidentally shot his 3-year-old sister to death because his horrible parents didn't lock their gun up.

Parents who don't keep their guns locked up should have their kids taken away, because a dead boy is a lot worse than a boy in a dress (although not to conservatives, apparently).

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Weird that we still call them LGBT and they're screaming about some nutjobs wanting to add more letters to it. It's as if they have some fixation on it. I know how some Fundies preaching the hardest against the LGBT turned out to be gay.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

the kid says "anyone can do what they want in life....blah blah..."

The parents should be sterilized - parenting classes are a waste of time.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Sounds like a milk substitute to me but well he's 8 so not very imaginative I guess.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Now, little kids in school are being taught about 'gay, etc' at a time in life when they NEVER should be thinking about sex.

Thank you, I couldn't have said it better myself...it concerns me when childhood sexuality is "normalized"

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: deadlyhope

Not to play the, "I told you so" game, but yes, we were correct. Everything we claimed would be pushed for is being pushed for, and then some!!

Heaven forbid gays get treated equally. Whats the main reason why everyone says they hate gays because the magical fairy in the sky says you should hate them. Yeah that's a good reason.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Being gay is more than just about sex. Little girls watch Disney movies about a girl falling in love with Prince Charming, and it's not about sex. Children see their parents holding hands or hugging each other and that doesn't sexualize them.

There is nothing sexual about learning that sometimes a man can fall in love with Prince Charming, or that sometimes two men or two women could hold hands or hug each other just like mom and dad do.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

A chick you say? well pleased to meet you

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
As long as people are not breaking the law then they should be allowed to express themselves as they see fit and are comfortable with.
The only time I have a problem is when special treatment is given to people because they are different to the mainstream.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Now there's laws on the books to lower the age of consensual sex...

Links?

(I asked you this back on page 2)

edit on 20-6-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Tolerance is one thing, we can all agree that 'live and let live' is a good policy. It is quite another thing to be expected to accept and support other people's behavioral choices, especially when they fly in the face of tradition or religious upbringing.

I tolerate religion, even though religion keeps taking from us things like lives, buildings, scientific pursuits, etc...but who am I to tell what adults decide to do in the privacy of their own homes or churches...I just hate that they are so institutional that they have many in the government trying to shove it down my throat.

Time and time again history demonstrates that religion crumbles society, it destroys the family unit, causes divorce, and creates strife, but yet we tolerate it, because hey..tradition I suppose, but more importantly, we have liberty in the west.

So, I am against the banning of the religious. they deserve equal rights regardless of their insanity.

wait, what were we discussing?

Well it's the mud pit so I can say *you* are discussing your theophobic delusions

edit on 20-6-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Alternative question.

Were conservatives completely and utterly wrong and now desperately scramble to find justification for their bigotry?

Nope, that would be a false premise and leading question.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Not to play the, "I told you so" game, but yes, we were correct. Everything we claimed would be pushed for is being pushed for, and then some!!

Heaven forbid gays get treated equally. Whats the main reason why everyone says they hate gays because the magical fairy in the sky says you should hate them. Yeah that's a good reason.

If 'teh gay activists' want to be treated equally they should not demand special treatment. It's called quid pro quo.

Once these folks stop wearing their sexuality on their sleeve and act like it's no big deal (like the majority of heterosexuals) then maybe we can reach a point of sanity.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Alternative question.

Were conservatives completely and utterly wrong and now desperately scramble to find justification for their bigotry?

Unlike the Op?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Being gay is more than just about sex. Little girls watch Disney movies about a girl falling in love with Prince Charming, and it's not about sex. Children see their parents holding hands or hugging each other and that doesn't sexualize them.

There is nothing sexual about learning that sometimes a man can fall in love with Prince Charming, or that sometimes two men or two women could hold hands or hug each other just like mom and dad do.

That would be marketing decisions. If you want to make an animated movie about those things, go a.. Disney knows where the money is at, and it's not with less than 3% of the population.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Alternative question.

Unlike the Op?

No, not at all like the OP.

You had a false premise (assumed bigotry) and a leading question (automatically inferring error and justification for assumed bigotry)

Maybe you could try again.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That would be marketing decisions. If you want to make an animated movie about those things, go a.. Disney knows where the money is at, and it's not with less than 3% of the population.

My post had nothing to do with marketing. It had to do with the point that one can talk about love between two people without it being about sex.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It's about respect.

I will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, have any respect for any individual or groups of individuals that do not show respect for my values and traditions.

Human instinct 101.

Uh, so to clarify what you're saying here, because people don't respect your values which demonize, dehumanize, and disenfranchise them, you can't respect them.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Alternative question.

Unlike the Op?

No, not at all like the OP.

You had a false premise (assumed bigotry) and a leading question (automatically inferring error and justification for assumed bigotry)

Maybe you could try again.

Unlike the OP which was a leading question and a whole smorgasbord of falsehoods.

Here is the list of reasons for people opposing equal rights for gays.

1: Bigotry
2: .........nope that really is it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join