It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold on a minute - Were conservatives right, about gay rights?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: IAMTAT
...or Fellowpian.

If it was DB he would have used Trans-Phat.

Trans-Phat was my Malaysian houseboy.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: silo13

Hell, you've got a woman bragging on facebook about how she always asks her male baby's consent before she picks him up because it's "his" body and she's against #rapeculture.

*Face palm*
I so didn't need to know that but thank you.

peace

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: darepairman

Ahhh, I see.

And I'm a chick...

Not that I'm worried about my gender pronounzia.

peace

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Equal rights for all.

Marriage should have never been introduced as a governmental structure, but it was, and therefore must be made equal between two adults regardless of what religions want...religions should have been fighting all along to separate church from state..you see what happens when state gets involved.

I agree with that to a point. In my opinion Marriage Licenses should be done away with and changed into Civil Union contracts or something else, for *everyone.* The word 'marriage' is a hot-button word and should be taken out of the discussion altogether.

As far as "want more"...lots of people can want more for their (race/gender/preference/cult)...but they will have to accept simple equality. too bad.

That's confusing bigotry with traditional values. They are not the same thing.

America is a tolerant place..the only thing not to be tolerated is intolerance...and nickleback

Tolerance is one thing, we can all agree that 'live and let live' is a good policy. It is quite another thing to be expected to accept and support other people's behavioral choices, especially when they fly in the face of tradition or religious upbringing.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

I dont know anymore.

I had someone throw a volley of letters in acronym form and was honestly stuck for a moment trying to process her particular validation for gender identities. There are so many combinations now.

I dont care what each mean. Never really will.

I dont mind gay or otherwise people. So they can just bugger off with all that nonsense.

edit on 6 19 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Nope they where wrong as usual, next question please.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

what is the "more" they want?

A safe place to go...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Tolerance is one thing, we can all agree that 'live and let live' is a good policy. It is quite another thing to be expected to accept and support other people's behavioral choices, especially when they fly in the face of tradition or religious upbringing.

I tolerate religion, even though religion keeps taking from us things like lives, buildings, scientific pursuits, etc...but who am I to tell what adults decide to do in the privacy of their own homes or churches...I just hate that they are so institutional that they have many in the government trying to shove it down my throat.

Time and time again history demonstrates that religion crumbles society, it destroys the family unit, causes divorce, and creates strife, but yet we tolerate it, because hey..tradition I suppose, but more importantly, we have liberty in the west.

So, I am against the banning of the religious. they deserve equal rights regardless of their insanity.

wait, what were we discussing?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I never knew Antifa was gay.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Not to play the, "I told you so" game, but yes, we were correct. Everything we claimed would be pushed for is being pushed for, and then some!!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AttitudeProblem

Lol,

Doesn't bother me none.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They hide it well. Just like they hide their faces behind their cowardly masks.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

We could beat this one into the ground. ..and the answer will continue to be yes

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They hide it well. Just like they hide their faces behind their cowardly masks.

I guess they can smack good.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

It's about respect.

I will NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, have any respect for any individual or groups of individuals that do not show respect for my values and traditions.

The more that individuals or groups of individuals want to attack my values as a method of me giving them respect is most certainly doomed to failure.

It's like whipping a child into submission and then thinking the child loves you because they are timid and vulnerable around you - bzzzz, couldn't be more wrong - showing hate-filled disrespect towards already established traditions will be met with a big F.U if it's respect they expect.

If you are not willing to respect me first, then don't expect any respect back - at all.

Human instinct 101.

See, people have it wrong these days.

Respect is earned, not just given.

Too many feel they are owed respect. That is not how it works.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Alternative question.

Were conservatives completely and utterly wrong and now desperately scramble to find justification for their bigotry?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

So then, when do the protests and such for multiple-partner marriages start? How about those that want to marry their inanimate objects too and carry them around?

I'd love to add my AR to my marriage, along with my wife and her girlfriend, and the minivan.

I mean, where would you like the line drawn? Are you going to protest me carrying my rightfully-married ar-15 spouse with me when I go out to dinner?

I'll scream bigot, and racist if you do.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

So then, when do the protests and such for multiple-partner marriages start? How about those that want to marry their inanimate objects too and carry them around?

I'd love to add my AR to my marriage, along with my wife and her girlfriend, and the minivan.

I mean, where would you like the line drawn? Are you going to protest me carrying my rightfully-married ar-15 spouse with me when I go out to dinner?

You guys where wrong with the whole not letting blacks drink at the same water fountain, wrong on letting blacks and whites not get married, women right to vote, work, wrong on gay marriages and so much more.

But yea make up a stupid scenario to push your salty tears.

edit on 20-6-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

I don't see any gay in your situation so the gay marriage thing really didn't grant you anything. Technically what you want wouldn't really be "more".

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnis

You guys where wrong with the whole not letting blacks drink at the same water fountain, wrong on letting blacks and whites not get married, women right to vote, work, wrong on gay marriages and so much more.

But yea make up a stupid scenario to push your salty tears.

Salty tears?

Hardly, I'm just curious how much more things will be pushed. The above scenario is rather valid from a middle-ground standpoint.

Every group that feels they aren't being heard and listened to, accepted, awash in adoration, love, and support is pushing for such things.

The country abolished polygamy a while ago, but then turned around and opened up the can of worms on same-sex marriage. So why not bring back multiple-partner marriages. There are plenty of people already doing it, honestly. Even the religious people could get behind it, the Bible is full of it too.

Salty tears, indeed. More like laughter. 'cuz I don't really have a horse in the race on who should love who, or do what with whom in the bedroom.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join