It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hold on a minute - Were conservatives right, about gay rights?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

More what, exactly?

More of the "rights" and "freedoms" heterosexuals enjoy (usually without even appreciating the fact that they have such liberty)?

As if that is something that has to granted, or worse, earned, somehow?

Why is sexuality and gender (or more specifically: gender-identification/expression) so friggin important?

If you feel it, be it. If not, don't!

And don't get all worried about "the children".

Children, for the most part, are just fine if left to their own discoveries.

It's when a child's view of the world is forced to fit what adults find acceptable that the true injury occurs.

We adults have decided the parameters by which sex may be explored and expressed. We did not consult with the children, we were not consulted as children, we are told that children cannot comprehend the seriousness of the concepts involved.

But even newborn boys can have an erection.

Who are we to disapprove?

But we do.

And we teach from a very early age all our own taboos.

To what end, and at what cost to the individual?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Well said

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
It's part of a repeating cycle: When it's too conservative, we want more liberalism; when it's too liberal, we ask for conservatism back. And so on.

In my POV it's too liberal right now.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Planet teleX

how much more consent do you need when nobody gives a rats rear

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: gusamaso

In my POV it's too liberal right now

For who? your sensibilities..maybe even mine at times, at the end of the day though it's not my place to decide whats right for others..so long as it's between consenting people.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Ya know, I'm not going to research this and I'm not going to go into a three day debate back and forth and crap like that. So please, don't try to drag me in to a 'what's so good about being a drag queen, gay, whatever BS.'

For once I'm just going to speak from the gut.

The sanctity of marriage is destroyed because they can't keep it in the closet or their pants.

Now, little kids in school are being taught about 'gay, etc' at a time in life when they NEVER should be thinking about sex.

The media is backing and supporting anything 'gay' like it's the best thing since crotchless panties.

Sick to death of all the 'gender' crap. Give me a freakin' break. Parents need to wake the hell up and stop kowtowing to toddlers.

Now there's laws on the books to lower the age of consensual sex - because it's against a 'child's rights' to have to conform to the law when it comes to their 'bodies'.

I could go on and on but I wont.

If you can’t see how far this is going - you’ll not ‘see’ any better having me translate the writing on the wall.

So there's my opinion - not all of it - but in part.

If you don't like it - move along.

peace

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
Now there's laws on the books to lower the age of consensual sex...

Links?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
No I don't think so. The ones with extreme views get the most coverage from media who wants to make a buck and who has an agenda. Perhaps that is what you are seeing which is alluding to your assumption.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I fully support gay marriage. I think one of the biggest problems in this country is the destruction of families, and I think its wonderful if people with different sexual orientation want to have families and the values that come with them.

Having said that, there does seem to be a lot of ridiculous things coming out that you mebtion,

My theory is, most gay people find these things as ridiculous as you do.

They gay people I know mostly are just normal people that find all of the hysterics about pronouns, bathrrooms etc. to be exhausting.

I think the issue is a vocal minority, most of who aren't gay, who just like stirring the pot.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't think the government should be in charge of who to "allow" to be married.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Whoa..a little sensitive?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Why shouldn't children be thinking about sex?

What is so wrong/scary/evil/whatever about sex that children shouldn't think about it?

They are born with it. They wouldn't exist if not for it. They are equipped to have it (unless congenitally deformed). They certainly are curious it about it.

There are certainly very few other things we forbid children from thinking about ( though I can think of a few we should discourage: prejudice, hatred, greed, for example).

What's so terrible (or, is it terrifying?) about sex?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I agree with the OP. Im not conservative, just rational. I dont care what other people do with themselves, thats their business, but I dont have to agree with it either, and it really got into mental health terroritory when they started promoting gender swapping as something normal and even promoting it to pre-pubescent children. Thats just plain child abuse.

I dont agree with the religious right positions on these matters either, as they are kind of extreme.
edit on 19-6-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

The sanctity of marriage is destroyed because they can't keep it in the closet or their pants.

peace

hahahahahah

the old sanctity of marriage crap.

let me tell you a secret

hetero's destroyed the sanctity of marriage long before the gays came along
hilarious

and lactatia....classic
hahahahahah

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

Is it really a right, and a freedom to have a little kid play as a drag queen to make a political statement?

Is it really a right, and a freedom to shut speakers down because they are not in line with what you believe?

Is violence, rioting, vandalism, and such a right?

It's gone way, way further than allowing two people of the same gender to get married.

It's LGBTQIAA + others I probably am forgetting - Literally committing crimes at times, and other times, doing all they can to push their agenda, with their best friend, the MSM

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: DBCowboy

How do you have to support it?

I personally don't care what other people do, or choose to identify with..it seems crazy to me at times ..I don't support it all but I accept that it does not affect me personally so all the power too them.

I support equal rights for all things, including marriage. If it's 2 consenting adults, then it's no one else's business.

But I see it like abortion. I hate the idea of it, but it's legal so I have to accept it. I certainly don't support it.
Yet I'll still get sh#t from the pro-abortion crowd because I don't "support" it.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Now there's laws on the books to lower the age of consensual sex...

Links?

www.calcuttaobserver.net

www.themadrasbugle.org

www.jalalabaddailynews.com

might be in there

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Yes, I am sensitive that the moral fiber of America - which once made this country the greatest country on the face of the earth into a freakin' rainbow bright dung heap.

There.

peace

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Meh, don't worry about what other people think you support..I agree on the distinction between accept and support.
I just say I accept the right to chose and leave it at that..I'm sure you do too

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

LOL, fair enough, it's how you perceive it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join