It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stairway to Heaven ... Or not?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I am pretty sure that I saw this topic and site posted before... but I can't seem to find it on google search. LOL

Yup. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is kind of irrelavent but is Stair War To heaven a power ballad or a loud metal song?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I am pretty sure that I saw this topic and site posted before... but I can't seem to find it on google search. LOL

Yup. www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is totally irrelevent from this post.. this post is to descuss the meaning behind led zeppelin's song, stairway to heaven.

and in response to your question, stairway to heaven is a Heavy Metal Ballad.. I do believe thats actually how it is described.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Here they are.
The COMPLETE backwards lyrics based on what I ACTUALLY hear.

....::: ---== Stairway to Heaven ==--- :::.....

Play backwards,
Hear why its sung here, oppositioner..
All......
On track, all arriving
They all sing, and they are one.
Shall I loathe you now, parishoner?
Oh hear Him, christian within me.
It stirs my sin; the river.
Oh, she swells with our lousiness.
All my life will end for him?
We're all out of signs,
I know I'm sorta shocked
To hear The Lord,
My God now will save me!

Oh I will n'er be saved,
Because I live with Satan..
One wish today;
That you'll all pray for
Three who will make it here late.
Pray now and you'll see..
The 'Lord' turned me on,
But, oh, I was the shaggy fool..
Clothed in agony,
Lost at a height.
ohh...
There's no escaping it,
Nor his woes..
So here's to my Sweet Satan.
The other's little path
Would make me sad,
Whose power is fake.
He'll give those with him 666.
And all the evil fools,
they know he made
us suffer sadly.
Ohohohoh...
"Family won't get loose,
They've offered me."
Always soothes the worker.
Always will be as we know now
"I see ruins," said he,
"the world they offered me?
Who wished the Lord's fall?"
If we lose feather,
Say you'll save me!

And no wimps can bend the rules..
And no wimps can do..

Hunt next to the shore,
'Cause they see all from there,
See here's the news,
Who walks with mute grief!
Perhaps no-one found thee...
"Heavy, lift me out,"
Spake the Reve,
"Someday, failed, we'll lose one line-up,
They've gotta leave forsaken."

And no wimps can do..
And no wimps can do...

He, who say the lords
Thoth have our laws,
Ma'at must be superb. Mass is ended..
Over there,
He who should learn thee.
Any moot¹ that serves by my sworn music,
I wish it with snow be shushed,
All for my mass's sake.
Hear why its sung,
here, oppositioner, Ohh..
He who should show
May make his show worthy,
To look, for us, odd.. sickly,
There's one chance - take his show.
Hold thy head,
Hear why its sung here. oppositioner.
Who owns this earth built below?
Oh sweet Israel..

thats the whole song... BACKWARDS... If you want to check them just download a stairway to heaven forewards and reverse it in and audio editing program. If thats too much work for you, add me to your msn list, and i will send it to you through that . [email protected]

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Okay... so thats pretty impressive. Now, I don't know what to make of it, but I do wonder how much of this was channeled, (see post of my theory that most great art/writing is automatic to some extent).... and if that is somehow connected to Paige's fascination with the "dark side" or whatever.
Its also possible that it was purely intentional.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It would be extremely difficult to do this either conciously or subconciously.... Many scientists say that the brain cannot think backwards ...

the strange thing tho, is that jimmy page was a huge followed of aliester crowley, and crowly said all hof his followers should learn to read and write BACKWARDS. Thats a known fact. look it up if you dont believe..

I hope that as soon as we are done discussing HOW it was written, we can begin talking about WHY it was written and WHAT it means.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
CREEPY!! But *very* cool!! Nice job!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Thank you , Thank you... But trust me, if this seems creepy , just listen to it..... then its jsut freaky !

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yeah I was thinking about the Crowley angle too. As far as the backwards thinking and reading writing goes heres all I could find.

Reverse Speech is a discovery, made by Australian Researcher David John Oates, of a new form of communication that has the ability to uncover a deeper truth and meaning behind what we are actually speaking. As we speak consciously, the brain is generating messages arising from the unconscious. These messages occur constantly throughout language and can be heard very clearly at least every 10 to 15 seconds by simply playing a recording of normal speech in reverse.

the full article

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I tend to dislike the backwards bit, but the page is an intersting resource. I find the eminem song the most intersting. Some, who belevie that reverse speech is real, have said that the messages in reverse speech are what you are 'really thinking'. The emminim lyrics 'say' the same thing as the reverse lyrics, 'Its slim, its eminem'.

And the pokemon song says 'I love satan'? Thats priceless, should any of us be surprised?

How much did the guy have to edit the stuff tho>?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Since I'm always the curious type, and after reading this thread and checking out the sites posted, I decided to try a little experiment myself.

I opened up my trusty copy of Sound Forge, and loaded an unedited MP3 of "Stairway to Heaven" into it. Simply reversed the audio and played it.

I was able to follow roughly 95% of the lyrics to the reversed "Stairway To Heaven". Apparently, this is legit.

I think I'm going to start making several other recordings, mainly of myself, and seeing what I can find.

I've known about this theory since the Judas Priest case way back when, but never really did much research into it. Needless to say, now I'm thoroughly intrigued, and will be doing much research into this.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
he has not done any editing.. I ahve a song editing program that which i reverse songs on.. ive reversed all those and heard what it says on his media files

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by duh squared
Yeah I was thinking about the Crowley angle too. As far as the backwards thinking and reading writing goes heres all I could find.

Reverse Speech is a discovery, made by Australian Researcher David John Oates, of a new form of communication that has the ability to uncover a deeper truth and meaning behind what we are actually speaking. As we speak consciously, the brain is generating messages arising from the unconscious. These messages occur constantly throughout language and can be heard very clearly at least every 10 to 15 seconds by simply playing a recording of normal speech in reverse.

i have read this is not possibe as the brain cannot comprehend reverse speech.. for instance, how long would it take you to say a sentence backward... and then reverse it to have it sa what it was meant to foreward? ... i am stil a little skepticle about that aspect of it, but then again, if astral projection is possible, then so can this be.

the full article

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well, so far in my initial research, I've made two recording of myself, that didn't glean anything intelligible (except that in reverse, it sounds like I'm speaking in Russian - I don't speak Russian). I've also reversed several songs from my my own music library, and with the exception of a few spots that I'll have to look at in more detail that seemed to be random words, but not full sentences, I've realized that a few songs backwards would make really cool samples in music I write.

For instance, in a reversed version of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2", there's point where it sounds like "They will step forward (unintelligible) in their shoes."

I have a lot of music here, and I feel that I simply need to tune my hearing a little more towards the sounds produced in backwards speech to reveal too much more. There's several points in many different songs that sound like they could be words, but I haven't been able to distinguish anything in particular.

The Rolling Stones, "Symapthy for the Devil" is another one that I need to look at closer. IMHO, they're the band most likely to have sold their souls for Rock-N-Roll, considering their multi-generational success, having the leading mainstream Rock-N-Roll magazine named for them, and the fact that they've all actually survived the amount of drugs and partying that have killed many other musicians. Hell, they all look dead already!
The song contains may moments where I can make out a word or two, but no coherent thought. I feel that if I look a little closer, I may be able to find something. If I do find something, I'll be sure to post it here, or, if I find enough from various sources, I may start a new thread altogether.

This is really cool stuff. Anyone else out there with an audio editing program such as Sound Forge should try it themselves. Even with the few results I've seen so far, it's boggling my mind.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Thank you Ivan for sending me that file... It was also nice to meet you on messenger...

Icelandia

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I can't say if its true, only page and plant know, but sometimes the mundane is easier to believe than the sensational;

www.michaelklassen.ca...

I apologize for the huge space this takes up.....

Stairway to Heaven
R. Plant & J. Page
© 1971 Superhype Music Inc.

There's a lady1 who's sure all that
glitters is gold2.

And she's buying a stairway
to heaven3.

And when she gets there she knows
if the stores are closed.

With a word4 she can get
what she came for.

There's a sign on the wall
but she wants to be sure.

Cause you know sometimes
words have two meanings5.

In a tree by the brook
there's a songbird

who sings sometimes6.

All of our thoughts are misgiven.

There's a feeling I get when
I look to the west.

And my spirit is crying for leaving.

In my thoughts I have seen
rings of smoke

through the trees7.

And the voices of those who
stand looking.

And it's whispered that soon
if we all call the tune.

Then the piper will lead us to reason.

And a new day will dawn
for those who stand long8.

And the forests will echo
with laughter.

And it makes me wonder9.

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow
don't be alarmed now10.

It's just a spring clean for
the May-Queen.

Yes there are two paths
you can go by.

But in the long run.

There's still time to change
the road you're on11.

Your head is humming and
it won't go- in case you don't know12.

The piper's calling you to join him13.

Dear lady can you hear
the wind blow.

And did you know

your stairway lies on the
whispering wind14.

And as we wind on down the road.

Our shadows taller than our soul.

There walks a lady we all know.

Who shines white light
and wants to show.

How everything still turns gold15.

And if you listen very hard

the tune will come to you at last.

When all are one and one is all16.

To be a rock17 and not to roll.

And she's buying18 a stairway
to heaven.
The Lyrics Interpreted
By Michael Klassen

1. Erma Rees-Gwynn, a Welsh divorcee intent on starting her own carpenter contracting business. She was recommended (some say as a joke) by the castle's previous owner, actor Richard Harris, who fled to the Bahamas to avoid the taxman.

2. This is a bit of Plant's irony. In other words if it didn't glitter, it probably wasn't worth much. Erma and her assistants reportedly broke and scratched a lot of valuables carrying lumber through the residence.

3. This means "building" a stairway to heaven, or, more likely, buying the materials for the stairway. Erma was contracted to build a deck in back of Page's castle, three stories high. The plans were for a 2nd floor landing, and steps leading up from the back vegetable patch. Plant once described Lelawcge-an-bryn as "heaven." The staircase when completed would be a stairway to view heaven if you climbed up it, or going down, a stairway to carrots and peas.

4."Foreclosure." The small Welsh town in the district had only one hardware store in the area, and the owner was on a picnic with his family. Erma complained to Jimmy about not being able to get screw nails. So Jimmy called a couple of local aldermen he had in his back pocket, so they could get the damn store open. The store owner soon received the politicians' threats, and cut short his picnic.

5. In order the secure the landing at the second floor, Erma's crew had to enter Jimmy's so-called "Guitar Room." The sign on the wall said "Keep the # Out - Everyone!" These words don't have two meanings, do they? Well, Erma let herself in anyway. In fact, only two double-necked Gibsons could be found in the room, out of Page's reputed collection of 75 guitars. No, this was his Occult Room, full of red satin furnishings and things with horns on them.

6. Reportedly Jimmy was out on his property, singing in his favorite tree, when he saw Erma's helper hanging out the Guitar Room's window. His berserk ranting ("misgiven thoughts") could be heard in the next county.

7. West of Page's property, beyond a neighbour's forested grove, there was a coal-burning power plant. Apparently the tons of sulphur-rich deposits pouring from its stacks disheartened Plant. One day Percy got pretty inebriated, and schemed that they should all protest until the plant shut down. Why not get all the girls, the other lads, and large-fisted manager Peter Grant out blocking their gate? "Great idea," one of the girls responded, "but how are we going to keep the stereo going, or even have hot baths without power?" This comment silenced Plant's protest.

8. Jonesy was the true all round musician of the group. Before Led Zeppelin the bassist/keyboardist extraordinaire wrote and arranged some of Lulu's best work, including "To Sir With Love." Whilst up at Page's castle he tried to form a little choir he wished to call the Zeppettes. Singing careers could've meant a "new day" for the girls, but none could carry a tune. The neighbours watched them rehearse in vain, hence the laughter echoing in the forest.

9. It's likely Plant spend as much time wondering about things as it took for him to write this line.

10. It's said a lot of clothes were found in strange places after their infamous Victorian dress-up parties.

11. The "May-Queen" was Maytag's laundromat-sized washer/dryer combo ordered in to handle hotel-sized loads of laundry being done at Page's castle. Jimmy was promised a money-back warranty on the set if he wasn't satisfied. The "two paths" were whether to keep them or return. The warranty gave him time to change the road he was on, you see.

12. This was one of the worst hangovers Plant had ever felt.

13. Jonesy was going back to London and asked Plant to come along.

14. Actually, your stairway, and the whole damned sundeck laid on the ground. A spring torrent ripped through Great Britain that year, and destroyed Erma's shoddy work.

15. Jonesy and Plant hit the road in John Paul's Stutz Bearcat. By coincidence, they came across Erma waving a flashlight, trying to hitch out of Lelawcge-an-bryn County. After the sundeck fiasco she gave up on carpentry, and was leaving for a cousin's residence in King's Cross. "Everything still turns to gold," she promised, boasting ten thousand pounds profit on the Page job alone.

16. A sarcastic bit of advice from Percy to the Zeppettes: just keep practicing, girls.

17. Plant decided to be a rock, if not a lump of clay, and stay home with his wife and family until the next tour.

18. Last heard from, Erma was in the Bahamas. "And she's buying a ticket to Nassau."

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Also, I thought that they made up the lyrics for the song on the spot, rather than sat down and worked them out over a period of time?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I believe the story is told jimmy page had a tune to share with the group, and started playing, and robert wrote the lyrics, or they wrote themselves so to speak.

my take on it has always been the song has a little lord of the rings (look to the west) with general fantasy/occult type visual imagery, but no central meaning or message.

I think this is one of those songs that has a different meaning to every listener, and plant may not have even had a specific message to send.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
I can't say if its true, only page and plant know, but sometimes the mundane is easier to believe than the sensational;

www.michaelklassen.ca...

I am sory, but I ahve already read that, and I am still inclined to believe that thats not what it is about. I am more inclined to believe that it has NO meaning. Plant said the words jsut 'came' to him, as if the pen was writing, not him...

Sorry for the harsh judgement.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivanglam

Plant said the words jsut 'came' to him, as if the pen was writing, not him...

Hmm that sure sounds like automatic writing to me, and therefore some may say the lyrics were indeed channeled from another realm....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join