It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean torture victim, Otto Warmbier dies.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
What should we do about the other Americans held captive by North Korea? Wait until they are in medical trouble, or worse?

The same thing you do for all the americans sitting in prisons in every other country.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG
100A would leave a very big mark. 0.025A can stop the heart. That aside I get your point.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
How does mentioning something one time make it a "very odd fixation"?

Facts are facts. You couldn't back up your truly sick claim that Mr. Warmbier was fine under Obama, but returned brain-damaged to Trump.

Weird, wouldn't you agree?

Last we knew, he was fine (physically..mentally is a wildly different story). Autopsy will show overall. The point is anything can be spun however you like as my initial post.
So lets say it is like that
North Korea was too afraid to return or even mention that he is in a coma under Obama..under Trump the paper tiger and russian/chinese lapdog, they give the body back because..whats he gonna do..condemn? lol.

(btw: breaking news - Trump condemns them as a official response...again btw)

See how that works? want to keep spinning your favorite brand of politics in it? Maybe you should stick to bitching about transsexual bathrooms.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

So basically..it would not of mattered who was president..I agree.

Obama probably would have given NK $560 billion for this guy...or whatever stupid amount of money like the sum he fruitfully gave to Iran...that would have been just disgusting

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Facts are facts. You couldn't back up your truly sick claim that Mr. Warmbier was fine under Obama, but returned brain-damaged to Trump.

Last we knew, he was fine (physically..mentally is a wildly different story). Autopsy will show overall.

Hopefully whoever performs the autopsy is of right wing to provide accurate details vs a leftist coverup baffoon

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Last we knew, he was fine (physically..mentally is a wildly different story). Autopsy will show overall.

Hopefully whoever performs the autopsy is of right wing to provide accurate details vs a leftist coverup baffoon

Hopefully its Alex Jones. Then we can hear about how he was a animal/human hybrid that was turning frogs gay..you know..good right wing accuracy in todays America.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

WTH does right or left have to do with ANYTHING here? pull yourself out of your myopic ideology.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
What is Trump going to do about it? Write an angry tweet?

On the side of a Minuteman 3 .

LMMFLWAO!

OK, that was pretty funny...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You got that right! Obama said to Iran.. "Give us back our sailors, along with our drone you shot down, and I'll send you $1.3 billion, courtesy of our grateful taxpayers. OK, Mr. Rouhani sir?"

Source: fortune.com...

But President Obama got the last word.. He enclosed a note with the pallets of cash that scolded Iran for making our captured sailors cry, and for not putting our returned drone back together properly.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I know exactly why, I stated it in the other thread.

He was evacuated once his condition was known.

It's that simple.

I'm just calling out the Trump fanatics for their stupidity.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Firstly, the entire ordeal is nothing but tragic.

Question:

The man had another 13+ years left of hard labor out of 15. Why not just 'disappear' him?

If Kim is truly concerned about assassination and gone off in a paranoid world as some articles suggest and Trump puts further pressure for the man's release.

How easy would it to be able to say, "ok, I'll send him home as a message."

I hope this is not the beginning of a psychosis arising out of Kim, above and beyond what was already there.

mg

Carewemust made the exact same point right after you there... Great minds...

You're both right. The Norks had to know that Otto was terminal. They could have kept it quiet and strung it out for years.
Hell -- for that matter, they could have claimed he escaped and put on a show of "looking" for him.

But they didn't do any of that. They sent a brain-dead Otto back to his parents and his country, and as you said, it was almost as if they were sending a message.

Hitler is credited with being responsible for 21 million deaths. Imagine if he would have had nukes and ballistic missiles.

I don't care how opposed to war someone might be, I think the threshold has been crossed. At this point we need to make sure we don't wake up one morning with 20 million dead South Koreans, Japanese, or even Americans when we knew damn well that was a likely outcome.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Last we knew, he was fine (physically..mentally is a wildly different story). Autopsy will show overall. The point is anything can be spun however you like as my initial post.
So lets say it is like that
North Korea was too afraid to return or even mention that he is in a coma under Obama..under Trump the paper tiger and russian/chinese lapdog, they give the body back because..whats he gonna do..condemn? lol.

(btw: breaking news - Trump condemns them as a official response...again btw)

See how that works? want to keep spinning your favorite brand of politics in it? Maybe you should stick to bitching about transsexual bathrooms.

I disagree. Obama had a long history of being weak and failed. From the massive failure of Fast and Furious to Benghazi to the laughably-pathetic "red line" in Syria and now the mess he left behind in North Korea.

Please provide an example of President Trump being a "paper tiger".

Please provide evidence that President Trump is a "Russian/Chinese lapdog.

You have no idea what North Korea did or did not do while Obama was president. You have no idea what motivated the return of Mr. Warmbier now.

What we do have ample evidence of is that on top of all the other massive Obama foreign policy failures, he also failed to secure the release of Mr. Warmbier.

PS: You seem fixated on transsexual bathrooms. Weird, no?
edit on 19-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Obama was a miserable failure.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'm pretty damn progressive, liberal, whatever. So this is going to really sound confusing to some of you.

From what I've been able to gather he went to N. Korea as part of a tour, yes? Before he was off to study abroad in HK? Right?

He was accused of "stealing a sign", and his "confession" seems pretty...suspect, yes?

Okay ... here's how I feel. . .

Look, Americans shouldn't be going to N. Korea, period. These "tours" do nothing but enable and prop up the regime. There should be NO travel to N. Korea by any American that has a shred of patriotism in the first place.

Dude went to a known evil, below 3rd world hell hole regime as an American...knowing the Chinese tour company probably gave kickbacks to the N. Korean government.

I'm sorry, but there's a level of personal responsibility here that I haven't seen anyone mention.

N. Korea was totally wrong to do what they did to him, but he would have never found himself in that situation in the first place if he had cared about his own life and not supporting a fascist regime.

Sounds to me like the parents pulled the plug, and waterboarding or even an oxygen deprivation tank (ala Deadpool) might have been used. There are rumors N. Korea has experimented with such things.

Personally, I'd never go to N. Korea because I don't want to give that government a red cent of my money.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I'm sure the Commander-in-Chief will telegraph his plans for your approval.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If anything, this episode demonstrated to the world what kind of regime North Korea is.

Even their #1 best ally, China must be dismayed.

I actually doubt his death was on purpose, it seems more like a doubly cruel irony.

Nothing good can come from this.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Better than telling the family to keep quiet for political reasons, like Obama.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Hopefully its Alex Jones. Then we can hear about how he was a animal/human hybrid that was turning frogs gay..you know..good right wing accuracy in todays America.

Atrazine can turn male frogs into females... so who knows

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

You and I never agree on anything political, but I'm giving you a star for that excellent post!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Kettu

You and I never agree on anything political, but I'm giving you a star for that excellent post!

Thank you! I think...I think it's just common sense?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Firstly, the entire ordeal is nothing but tragic.

Question:

The man had another 13+ years left of hard labor out of 15. Why not just 'disappear' him?

If Kim is truly concerned about assassination and gone off in a paranoid world as some articles suggest and Trump puts further pressure for the man's release.

How easy would it to be able to say, "ok, I'll send him home as a message."

I hope this is not the beginning of a psychosis arising out of Kim, above and beyond what was already there.

mg

Carewemust made the exact same point right after you there... Great minds...

You're both right. The Norks had to know that Otto was terminal. They could have kept it quiet and strung it out for years.
Hell -- for that matter, they could have claimed he escaped and put on a show of "looking" for him.

But they didn't do any of that. They sent a brain-dead Otto back to his parents and his country, and as you said, it was almost as if they were sending a message.

Hitler is credited with being responsible for 21 million deaths. Imagine if he would have had nukes and ballistic missiles.

I don't care how opposed to war someone might be, I think the threshold has been crossed. At this point we need to make sure we don't wake up one morning with 20 million dead South Koreans, Japanese, or even Americans when we knew damn well that was a likely outcome.

Ita. Imho the "threshold" has been crossed and the U.S. needs to take military action. I never thought I'd see the day when one of our enemies would do this to an American, and that our gov't would sit back and do nothing.

I am angry with the Obama Administration for its failure to obtain Otto's release, not to mention that of other Americans who've been there as long (if not longer). I am angry with the Trump Administration for its failure to do anything for Otto and our other citizens who are being held there. I am also very angry that Trump & Co. won't do anything about the threat that NK poses to our country and our allies.

NK has missiles that can reach Alaska and Hawaii. It can EMP us. Not only that, they have stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons.

It almost feels as though Obama were still in office. What is Trump waiting for - an invite to take concrete action? Talks don't work. Sanctions don't work. Just attack NK and get it over with.

I would prefer diplomacy but we are far beyond that now.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join