It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean torture victim, Otto Warmbier dies.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ameilia
a reply to: Xcathdra

They did rule out torture. I figure he may have hanged himself, but they stopped him. That brain damage indicates lack of oxygen to the brain so, it's a fair guess.

I wonder if waterboarding could have caused it? It's essentially drowning people over and over.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: SBMcG

Assassination. Well, you'd get a response, alright... Artillery barrages on Seoul, and surrounding areas. Nukes possibly hitting Japan and/or South Korea.

Millions, possibly, dead on something he "might" do. Do you see the conundrum here??

Assassination is an act of war. Casus Belli. ...and North Korea would be well within their rights to launch everything they have. Japan and South Korea, not to mention China would be less than happy were that to happen, because they'd be the ones hit, not the US.

Nope. Keep kickin' this can down the road, and hope the North Koreans one day rise up. We can not act on might. We can only react on what is.

Yep. I get all that.

I was not suggesting assassination, per se -- more along the lines of an ultimatum followed by a military strike if necessary.

I actually put up a thread a month or so ago speculating that Kim would use his nukes to commit mass suicide rather than let the Chinese get their hands on them or his people. He's a psychopath.

If we followed your advice and just left well enough alone, are you willing to give me your personal guarantee that those of us in the coastal regions of the Pacific NW and southern Alaska have absolutely nothing to fear from a madman with nukes and a vigorous ballistic missile program?

No Thanks!

Personally, I believe the Chinese will deal with Kim. I could be wrong of course, but however it's done, done it needs to be.

And that right soon...

edit on 19-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
...and if they aren't? What? Is that when the war breaks out?

Four lives are worth millions? How does that work?

I truly hope those folks are alive, and reasonably well, but they chose to go to North Korea. That's on them. I'm the President, we ain't goin' to war on the Korean Peninsula for four people who broke a nations laws. Irregardless of their treatment. That's cold, and I don't much like it. It pretty much goes against my nature...but my nature doesn't allow for the possibility of hundreds of thousands of people dying, either.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

...and if they aren't? What? Is that when the war breaks out?

Four lives are worth millions? How does that work?

I truly hope those folks are alive, and reasonably well, but they chose to go to North Korea. That's on them. I'm the President, we ain't goin' to war on the Korean Peninsula for four people who broke a nations laws. Irregardless of their treatment. That's cold, and I don't much like it. It pretty much goes against my nature...but my nature doesn't allow for the possibility of hundreds of thousands of people dying, either.

This thread is about the tragic end of Mr. Otto Warmbier, but that is not even close to the main reason I want Kim and his regime taken out.

No disrespect to the departed, but I would give him about 3% of that pie...

I would give 87% to the fact that Kim has nukes, is furiously building and launching BIGASS ballistic missiles as fast as he can, and almost daily spouts homicidal threats against pretty much everyone.

The remaining 10%? Nutballs like Kim don't get better.

I'm not willing to risk the potential loss of millions of lives because of this insane Korean dwarf.

I live about 4 miles as the seagull (heh heh) flies from the Puget Sound and northern tip of Whidbey Island. I'd rather not wake up one morning with a bad .ache, a metallic taste in my mouth, and a mushroom cloud rising in the west...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: ArchAngel_X

No kidding, it is tragic and wrong that he died, but.. play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I cannot fathom why someone would visit a hostile state and them commit ANY kind of offence..especially knowing you will be under constant scrutiny.
Is it wrong to think this is a form of natural selection at work?

Make no mistake, I think this is sad and tragic..he did not deserve to die.

I think in this situation taking the poster I don't believe they thought it would be missed. The propaganda posters are all over the place. When they took it they didn't realize to the NK they were disrespecting fatty kim. Ever since I found out the Chinese call him that u can't stop lol.
edit on 6/19/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I think in this situation taking the poster I don't believe they thought it would be missed.

I could agree that is plausible.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I quite understand the sentiment!!

I'm in the fallout path of a Seattle nuke, so I understand completely.

I suppose, and I'm really uncomfortable with this, if it could be done without any risk of them being launched anyway? I'd give it a very conditional maybe. Because if you miss? What's happening next? A war. A war with the possibility of WW2 type causalities.

If appeasing the little midget, to an extent, keeps a war from erupting, I'm going to do it 'til something better comes along.

Don't ask me how much appeasement would be too much, 'cause I don't know--I do know I'd know it when I reached that point...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: kurthall

Is North Korea so backwards that they can't even treat botulism?

What makes you think they wanted to? North Korean prisons aren't like American prisons. A few Americans over the years have been kept in hotel rooms, but for most they go to those death camps where people count themselves lucky if they can manage to catch and eat a rat for a day. In either event, they don't get medical care and disease runs rampant. He may have legitimately contracted it... but I'm still betting on torture.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
Yes!

It's time to make sure that if "these citizens of Rome" are harmed by a foreign power, there will be HELL TO PAY!

That's easier said than done. Other nations have their own power they can leverage, even North Korea has some power.

This is an Act of War as far as I'm concerned.

Fortunately for you then, we've been at war with them for 50 years. We are still at war with them.
edit on 19-6-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
My guess is everybody in that autopsies room will die off the same thing

he is a Trojan horse

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

I suppose, and I'm really uncomfortable with this, if it could be done without any risk of them being launched anyway? I'd give it a very conditional maybe. Because if you miss? What's happening next? A war. A war with the possibility of WW2 type causalities.

If appeasing the little midget, to an extent, keeps a war from erupting, I'm going to do it 'til something better comes along.

Don't ask me how much appeasement would be too much, 'cause I don't know--I do know I'd know it when I reached that point...

Don't get me wrong -- I admire your measured approach and agree that war is never a good option even if it's the only one. But we don't know what this psycho is capable of.

Hopefully his own people will take him out before we (or the Chinese) have to.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I think in this situation taking the poster I don't believe they thought it would be missed.

I could agree that is plausible.

Kids to stupid to realize they were under surveillance 24/7. Even when they were not with their handler they were being recorded. This is why you don't go to 3rd world countries on a vacation if you don't understand the culture.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalChickAmy
What is Trump going to do about it? Write an angry tweet?

On the side of a Minuteman 3 .

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Bingo ..this is why I'm not visiting many countries in the future, and if I did I would sure as hell inform myself.
This "kid" was old enough to know better..IMHO.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong -- I admire your measured approach and agree that war is never a good option even if it's the only one. But we don't know what this psycho is capable of.

Hopefully his own people will take him out before we (or the Chinese) have to.

North Koreans won't he is literally a god to them. They worship and yes even pray to him. They are taught from birth that theit leaders are gods with yes super powers. For example they can read minds and apparently impervious to steel. Betting that's to avoid assassinations. No one will try of they think they can't hurt you lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I'm sure there are more than enough that just play along for survival sake.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

This is going to piss Trump off Big League!

Otto Warmbier dies...

Well that is going to likely start a $hitstorm for NoKo....

Only if Twitter President thinks it ranks higher than "sad".

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Rawwrrrr.....

North Korea bad.

US good.

A conflict between the two?

Who has kids of draft age that support this kind of thing?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Firstly, the entire ordeal is nothing but tragic.

Question:

The man had another 13+ years left of hard labor out of 15. Why not just 'disappear' him?

If Kim is truly concerned about assassination and gone off in a paranoid world as some articles suggest and Trump puts further pressure for the man's release.

How easy would it to be able to say, "ok, I'll send him home as a message."

I hope this is not the beginning of a psychosis arising out of Kim, above and beyond what was already there.

mg

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Good point, Aazadan. Also, I think North Korea sent Otto Warmbier home in a Coma/near-death, as a sordid message to America..."Look what we did to your boy...WTF you gonna do about it! hmm???"

If they feared America, North Korea would have simply killed and cremated him...never saying another word about his fate.

What should we do about the other Americans held captive by North Korea? Wait until they are in medical trouble, or worse?

edit on 6/19/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join