It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean torture victim, Otto Warmbier dies.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG
Sec. of State Tillerson: North Korea will be held "accountable"...

That's a pretty big statement. On the other hand, he went in to that country a healthy young man.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

That's a pretty big statement. On the other hand, he went in to that country a healthy young man.

Again, imagine the "accountability" that would be demanded of the U.S. if a foreign national was similarly arrested healthy and released brain-dead with the same sleeping pill/botulism cover story.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Again, imagine the "accountability" that would be demanded of the U.S. if a foreign national was similarly arrested healthy and released brain-dead with the same sleeping pill/botulism cover story.

I'm guessing you wouldn't give a toss.

But that's American Exceptionalism for you.

edit on 19-6-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I'm guessing you wouldn't give a toss.

But that's American Exceptionalism for you.

You would be wrong. I would be ashamed of my country for treating someone like Mr. Warmbier was treated by the Norks.

Thankfully, I live in the United States and that doesn't happen here.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

In what way, Mr. Secretary?

More sanctions? You mean there's something else that can be taken away from the people of NoKo--not the chubby midget, he'll continue to be well fed--to teach 'em a lesson? Huh.

Go to war?

Look, I'm sorry as all get out the guy died, that's not how I'd choose to go out--given one. But war, or warlike actions? Are you insane? Risk tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of other lives in an attempt to hold the chubby midget "accountable"? No. No. ...and, further more, no.

Would this guy want us to go to war in his name, out of some notion of vengeance? ...and make no mistake, that's exactly what it would be. Vengeance.

Hollow words without any substance except going to war.

Well now, that's an oh, # moment, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

A stern finger wagging and, as was pointed out on page one, an angry tweet or two.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

who's held accountable when scores are killed in hospitals or other casualties of our war machine? are there ever sanctions? has the US ever claim accountability for any bombing 'mishaps' on Foreign countries, if so what did they do?

every time a Mentalist pulls a knife on a Leo or drives away from a Leo and gets crippled with bullets most here claim 'play stupid games you win stupid prizes' .

but go in an isolationists country- to which we overtly show our hate towards and send warships near their borders holding military offensive exercises- do something stupid where death wasn't called for, the narrative seems different...

what can I say, play stupid games in a non-ally isolationist country ruled by dictatorship, and you win stupid prizes.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

It's above my pay-grade to try and guess what the Secretary of State means by the term "accountable", but I can tell you what I would do...

I would end the threat. Not just because of what happened to Mr. Warmbier, but because a madman has nuclear weapons and is shooting ballistic missiles all over the western Pacific.

I'm not a war monger, psychopath, Koreaphobe, or whatever other default demonizer one might chose to call me for that sentiment...

But yeah, I would take him out at this point.

With Extreme Prejudice.

That's why people like me should never be president...
edit on 19-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yep. That'll teach 'em.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I apologise.

That was rude and assumptive of me.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

This is going to piss Trump off Big League!

Otto Warmbier dies...

Ohhh biggg timee they're scared aff right now. extra DIV

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

I apologise.

That was rude and assumptive of me.

If I wasn't "rude and assumptive" I'd rarely say a word, heh heh...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

In what way, Mr. Secretary?

More sanctions? You mean there's something else that can be taken away from the people of NoKo--not the chubby midget, he'll continue to be well fed--to teach 'em a lesson? Huh.

Go to war?

Look, I'm sorry as all get out the guy died, that's not how I'd choose to go out--given one. But war, or warlike actions? Are you insane? Risk tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of other lives in an attempt to hold the chubby midget "accountable"? No. No. ...and, further more, no.

Would this guy want us to go to war in his name, out of some notion of vengeance? ...and make no mistake, that's exactly what it would be. Vengeance.

Hollow words without any substance except going to war.

Well now, that's an oh, # moment, isn't it?

Well said.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Let's hope we're not regressing back to the Obama "line in the sand" days.

Why can't the USA find someone who looks like Dennis Rodman and is willing to sacrifice himself to kill Kim Jong face-to-face? That's so simple of a plot, it wouldn't even make a decent movie theme.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Assassination. Well, you'd get a response, alright... Artillery barrages on Seoul, and surrounding areas. Nukes possibly hitting Japan and/or South Korea.

Millions, possibly, dead on something he "might" do. Do you see the conundrum here??

Assassination is an act of war. Casus Belli. ...and North Korea would be well within their rights to launch everything they have. Japan and South Korea, not to mention China would be less than happy were that to happen, because they'd be the ones hit, not the US.

Nope. Keep kickin' this can down the road, and hope the North Koreans one day rise up. We can not act on might. We can only react on what is.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sounds like a super duper idea

Maybe you can get plastic surgery?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why can't the USA find someone who looks like Dennis Rodman and is willing to sacrifice himself to kill Kim Jong face-to-face? That's so simple of a plot, it wouldn't even make a decent movie theme.

Because it's not our place to do so.

Like it or not, like NK or not, they are a sovereign nation and we should stop beating the drums of war for them every time something happens.

That is what got us involved in places like Iran in the Mordad coup.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Why not? It's kept the Peninsula reasonably calm. It's been almost seventy years since the Korean War, and at least seventy more 'til the next one, if ever, sounds pretty good to me.

We aren't the ones who'll be living under the rain of missiles and artillery shells, the Koreans are. It's their countries, not ours. It's their decision to make, not ours. Sure, we can give advice, but I'd be disinclined to advice that would lead to a war, or a renewal of an old one.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I still believe the reporting from back in April that Trump and Xi agreed that China would have 100 days to deal with the Norks. I think that was 80-something days ago.

I have been trying to find any recent evidence indicting the 3 remaining Americans are still alive, BTW...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join