It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Labor Relations Act, How do I report abuses?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello all. I am looking up information for my brother on how to report an employer for violating the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA). More specifically a form or PDF that could be mailed or emailed in.

The violation is that sub contractors are being used over union employees even though the job fits well within the employees job discription.

If anyone could post any information about the laws as well. I've already tried calling over but am waiting for a call back. I am not even sure I called the right office.

I am in the Philadelphia region so if you can, keep it area oriented IF NECESSARY for the form to be completed.

Edit* I think these are some of the laws / guidelines I am looking for www.oregon.gov...
edit on 19-6-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

Think this might work for me as well. I'll update in a little. Trying to file. apps.nlrb.gov...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I would call PA Dept. of Labor & Industry to get a solid answer, but what you're looking for could be one of these link

UCC-10 (Complaint Form) looks like the one: www.dli.pa.gov...
edit on 19-6-2017 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It looks exactly like what I am or should be looking for. I believe a call has to be made so a case number can be filed before I send in a complaint form. I am not to sure. it's a work in progress still.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I was told to look for the IRS form to file a complaint about using contractors instead of union employees for work in their job description. Is this the right one?

www.irs.gov...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Report it to the local union don't you think. They have a vested interest in the union getting the work...oh wait...its most likely the union letting the work go to the sub contractors so the Union leaders get paid but the workers as usual get screwed. This is why I hate unions.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Why looking for a for without contacting them 1st? There could be more than one and perhaps they would direct you?

Contact them and see what you need.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Should be able to hire anyone they want if they're paying. # the union.

That being said; let the union handle it. They know the procedure, if it's an actual violation they will handle it. It's why the workers pay the union. If the union cant handle it then what the # are they for besides lining their pockets?
edit on 19-6-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2017 by KEACHI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I suspect he needs to go to the state agency first.

Pennsylvania Labor Relations Board

www.dli.pa.gov...

edit on 2017-06-19T22:07:04-05:0010pmMon, 19 Jun 2017 22:07:04 -0500MondayAmerica/Chicago0430 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

CHARGE OF UNFAIR PRACTICE(S)
UNDER THE PUBLIC EMPLOYE
RELATIONS ACT

www.dli.pa.gov...

CHARGE OF UNFAIR PRACTICE(S)
UNDER THE PUBLIC EMPLOYE
RELATIONS ACT
DO NOT WRITE IN THIS SPACE
CASE NO.
DATE FILED
RESPONDENT
TO THE HONORABLE, THE MEMBERS OF THE PENNSYLVANIA LABOR RELATIONS BOARD:
COMPLAINANT INFORMATION
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Public Employe, Employe Organization or Public Employer
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Name of Person filing charge on behalf of Complainant
Title
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Address
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
City
State Zip
Telephone
HEREBY CHARGES THAT:
RESPONDENT INFORMATION
Public Employer, Employe Organization or Public Empl
oye alleged to have committed unfair practice(s)
Address
City
State Zip
Telephone
HAS ENGAGED IN UNFAIR PRACTICE(S) CONTRARY TO THE PROVISIONS OF THE
PUBLIC EMPLOYE RELATIONS ACT, SECTION 1201 AS FOLLOWS:
Choose one:
c
subsection (a)
c
subsection (b)
Choose all that apply:
…
clause (1)
…
clause (4)
…
clause (7)
…
clause (2)
…
clause (5)
…
clause (8)
…
clause (3)
…
clause (6)
…
clause (9)
…
Check here if more than one respondent and list on separate sheet.
…
Check here if a grievance relating to this issue has
been filed and enclose three (3) copies of the grievance
and one (1) copy of the Collective Bargaining Ag
reement to assist in review of this charge.
FAILURE TO ENCLOSE THESE DOCUMENTS WILL CAUSE A DELAY IN PROCESSING
edit on 2017-06-19T22:12:47-05:0010pmMon, 19 Jun 2017 22:12:47 -0500MondayAmerica/Chicago4730 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Definately file with the local municipality that issued the permits for the job.

Then alert the agency that issued the permits that a violation is in process and that a complaint is being filed.

Ask them for any information they may have about the job site in question.

File complaint with dept of labor.

Tell the union. Ask them to help first maybe.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Your state goverment will, in all liklyhood, have established and maintains a database of all legislation and subididary documentation in a data base somewhere.

Its likely the legislation will make reference to a form that must be used and it may be in the shedule to the legislation or it may be in a code of practice, guidence note or other such related publication.

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thanks again guys. Everything is in the works and I appreciate all the help.

new topics

top topics

join