It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim teen assaulted and kidnapped outside of mosque, later found dead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Link< br />

A 22-year-old Virginia man was held on a murder charge Monday in the slaying of a teenage Muslim girl who was attacked during a breakfast break from an all-night prayer session at her mosque.

According to statements from police and the mosque, the girl and her friends were walking back to the All Dulles Area Muslim Society mosque from a McDonald's in the Sterling area between 3 and 4 a.m. Sunday when a man drove up and some kind of altercation ensued.

According to WRC-TV in Washington, the teen fell as the girls ran, and only later did they realize that she was not among them.

During an intense search for the girl, an officer stopped a car being driven suspiciously on Sunday and the driver, later identified as Martinez Torres was taken into custody, police said.

WRC-TV reported that Martinez Torres was questioned near the scene of the attack, and led officers several miles away to a retention pond across the street from his apartment complex where a female body, believed to be the girl's, was found at about 3 p.m. Sunday.

Without elaborating, the Fairfax County Police Department tweeted Monday that "We are NOT investigating this murder as a hate crime."

Atleast not yet, because apparently it's too early in the investigation, but even they said that it could very well change. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it will indeed end up to be exactly what it looks like, but I hope I'm wrong because after the van attack on Muslims yesterday, I don't want this to become a trend. But I'm going to put on my investigative hat and project my thoughts anyways.

• if it was some sort of domestic issue with her boyfriend or ex, I'm sure her friends wouldn't have run away and leave her behind. They didn't even realize she was gone till after, which probably meant they were hysterically running for their lives, and that the perpetrator was unknown to them.

• on the contrary, if you wanted to murder your girlfriend/ex I'm pretty sure you wouldn't try and do it when she was with a bunch of friends.

• to be driving around at 3-4 am by yourself on a Sunday, you must be either intoxicated or up to no good.

• to dump the body in the pond across from where you live, only validates my point above, or you're just really really stupid.

• this happened on Father's day, after they've been praying at the mosque all day, so it's unlikely this is some revenge attack for something that happened earlier.

• they were all in headscarves and long dresses, typical attire, so there is no way you could not recognize them as being Muslims.

I may have missed something, but what else could this turn out to be?

...Or maybe this was a completely random attack on an innocent 17 year old Muslim girl commited by a #ed up guy having a really bad day? Who knows, guess we'll find out soon.

edit on 19-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: hopefully I'm wrong with this one..

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Probably a serial killer. If this is the case though, he may have victims that nobody knows about.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just terribly sad...

No matter what the religion/race/gender may be, what an utter waste of life in our so called civilised world...

Lags

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986 my guess is that this is just a psyco killing and nothing more, this dude needs to be fried on a steel grate with 23,900 volts. But this one is not part of the coming trend....

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
How many people are killed on a daily base in the US and why is this case so special

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
How many people are killed on a daily base in the US and why is this case so special

Ah! Cliched Ambivalence Towards Death! Welcome to the thread. We've been expecting you!

+9 more 
link   
Police will not investigate the kidnap and murder of a 17-year-old Muslim girl named Nabra as a hate crime

So the perpetrator is an illegal immigrant Obama DREAMer. Hate crime charges suddenly dropped.

Expect this to vanish from the news just as fast as it was plastered on the front page.

link   

Well for starters, if my projections turn out to be true and this is indeed a hate crime. I think that's a pretty big deal.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe
Just terribly sad...

No matter what the religion/race/gender may be, what an utter waste of life in our so called civilized world...

Lags

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I don't think he was a serial killer, because why would he dump the body right in front of his own house? Pretty bad serial killer. It's probably more likely that it was a random psychotic night... Or that it's a hate crime.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm gonna guess would-be serial killer...

I'd doubt the hate crime angle without more information.
Personally, he sounds like the type that would have gone after any group of women for a victim.

Sad.

RIP angel.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

That is actually a point worth discussing.

Why don't we list the individual religion of every murder victim in the U.S.?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
But aren't there many already? i mean, so many murders are based on hate towards their victim(s).

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Why don't we list the individual religion of every murder victim in the U.S.?

I need to fill out more paperwork!?!?!

link   
a reply to: earthling42

Really?

link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Well for starters, if my projections turn out to be true and this is indeed a hate crime. I think that's a pretty big deal.

Why does your thinking guide you to hate crime?

Has the media brainwashed you?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Sad.

At least they aren't calling him a White Hispanic from what I've seen, yet.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

I thought of that angle too, but all the girls were in scarves and there was no mistaking their religion. If he was just a nut looking for some victims, he should've known how this was going to look. So that leaves us with only a few options. Either he knew, or he was completely oblivious and lives under a rock.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Is there a fallacy within my logic somewhere you want to point out?

I clearly said I was projecting and could very well be wrong.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Well, give me a definition of hate, here, the definition of hate is Resentment, resentment, aversion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join