It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats To Further Demonstrate Their Immoral Nature Starting Tonight in the U.S. Senate.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Why can't we just pay for ourselves?

We used to be able to do that not so long ago. But we get government involved and now we have to pay for everyone else.

I'm not naïve enough to think that we can go back. We'll see single-payer/socialized medicine here soon enough. They'll call it something different. Probably something like "Patriot Health" or "Freedom Care".

But regardless of the name, we'll still get screwed.

You can't afford it. Sorry, you just can't. What happens if you get, through no fault of your own, run over and you break both legs? Can you afford that? Or even 'just' get appendicitis? What if someone accidentally crashes their car into you? Can you pay for that bill? What about if you get cancer? Or blood poisoning?
I got the latter two weeks ago. A spider bit me in my sleep and by 5pm the next day a red line was going up my arm, indicating sepsis. Instant trip to the emergency room, I/v penicillin being pumped into me and then giant pills for a week. Not my fault, but I dodged a major bullet. In the US, that would have left me with a major bill.
Yes, in insurance you are paying for other people. But you are forgetting something. Other people are also paying for you.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I take it that you've got a decent paying job and don't have a family with health issues that's living month-to-month on just barely enough for groceries and rent? You may feel differently if your situation changes.

I'm sure I would. But now we're dealing with "what ifs".

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: carewemust
That will be the fault of the Republicans they are the ones getting rid of the ACA without replacing it. Democrats were smart enough to get the ACA passed without the help of the GOP but the GOP can't do it because even Republicans are against Herr Trumps plan.

Actually that's what happens if the 'ACA' doesn't get replaced. Insurance companies are leaving the markets where there is no profit, all thanks to the Democrats.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Exactly. And while younger members here don't have this experience, those of us over 50 have seen pleas for help for medical bills on our Facebook feeds. Two people I know died recently (after putting up GoFundMe campaigns) because they couldn't afford medication/treatment and friends couldn't raise the money either.

I've seen similar pleas, BECAUSE THE ACA DROVE UP DEDUCTIBLES.

Seriously. Democrats made this situation worse than it already was. Why should we trust them with any more power to 'help?'

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Exactly. And while younger members here don't have this experience, those of us over 50 have seen pleas for help for medical bills on our Facebook feeds. Two people I know died recently (after putting up GoFundMe campaigns) because they couldn't afford medication/treatment and friends couldn't raise the money either.

Seriously. Democrats made this situation worse than it already was. Why should we trust them with any more power to 'help?'

Today, 3 Democrat Senators went searching for the AHCA bill...literally.

""Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), and Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) headed across the Hill to the Congressional Budget Office, located in southwest Washington about a 10 minute drive from the Capitol, in what they acknowledged would be a fruitless quest for a copy of the health care bill that Republicans expect to bring to a vote as soon as next week.""

www.politico.com...

What would they have done if they had found it, during their time-wasting "Easter Egg" hunt?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

Today, 3 Democrat Senators went searching for the AHCA bill...literally.

""Sens. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), and Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii) headed across the Hill to the Congressional Budget Office, located in southwest Washington about a 10 minute drive from the Capitol, in what they acknowledged would be a fruitless quest for a copy of the health care bill that Republicans expect to bring to a vote as soon as next week.""

www.politico.com...

What would they have done if they had found it, during their time-wasting "Easter Egg" hunt?

Well, they would have been able to read it. Your staggering lack of understanding on this matter baffles me. They were looking for a full copy of the Senate Republican version of the bill and they were unable to find one. What does that say about openness and accountability?

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Are you freaking kidding me!!!!

I can't tell you how many times I saw a report about the Republicans "Filibustering" Democrats plans in the last 8 years.....

How is that any different??

Double standards.... Bigtime...

PA

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Sorry, it's completely legal, get over it. Unanimously means all in accordance. Can't force them to agree. So again, I reiterate..GET OVER IT. Go cry to your president snowflake.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

Conservatives will never learn to take accountability. It's really sad.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: onemoreface

Ain't that the truth....

PA

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Republicans literally forced a government shutdown in 2013..they even admitted to it

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join