It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KREMLIN WARNING Russia vows to target US planes after American military downs Syrian jet

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Get Russia and USA the heck out of the Middle-East!

How would you feel if China and India were fighting a proxy-war in your backyard?

Yeah I doubt the US would be happy if Russia and China had a war in Mexico.....

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

edit on 6/19/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Willtell

The Kurds.

Linkee.

This'll give you an overview of the Kurds. It's an older article but generally seems to be straight down the middle opinion wise.

If there's a hard luck group in this whole stupidity, it's the Kurds. Turkey hates them. Syria hates them. ...and Daesh would just as soon wipe them from the face of the Earth.

If there are "good guys" in this whole mess, it's the Kurds.

Thanks for the link.

I understand the Kurdish issue is problematic

So the US is allied with the PYD Kurds of Syria?

Who the Turks believe are allied with their Kurdish enemies in the PKK.

Maybe, but we know the US lies and has lied about the phantom FSA in order to encroach in Syria.

The fact is they should have allied with the Syrian Government and Russia to destroy ISIS and not involve itself with the internecine factions in the area, which only lead to confusion and more strife.

The US is playing their usual we are the power of the earth game.

Its easy to manipulate the Kurds who are being also used by the Saudis.

Fact is we need to KNOW who exactly the US is protecting in Syria, that they would risk a war with Russia over.

Kurds maybe, but we need to know who exactly, the PYD, or again, these mysterious FSA creeps who seem to always turn out being Al Qaeda terrorists

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So here we have some US propaganda

The US shot down a Syrian air force Su-22 over Tabqa - 55km west of Raqqa city - on Sunday, saying the plane was threatening allies from the Syrian Democratic Forces as they fought intense ground battles with Syrian government allies around Raqqa.

LINK

So the US is protecting something called the "Syrian democratic forces"

Who are they?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well its apparent to the rest of the world that the demoniacs at the Pentagon are now in charge and Trump is just a circus clown,Deep State won and theres hardly a soul at this website with half a clue as to that fact.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
So here we have some US propaganda

The US shot down a Syrian air force Su-22 over Tabqa - 55km west of Raqqa city - on Sunday, saying the plane was threatening allies from the Syrian Democratic Forces as they fought intense ground battles with Syrian government allies around Raqqa.

LINK

So the US is protecting something called the "Syrian democratic forces"

Who are they?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces - an alliance of Kurdish and Arab fighters - is battling to oust the militants from Raqqa, and broke into the IS stronghold city last week.

So this is the case, the US is risking a war with Russia over Kurdish and Arab fighters.

Yeah sure

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No problem.

The Kurds are a close knit bunch, and given how Turkey has treated the Kurds, the Syrian Kurds being allied with them isn't exactly a bad thing.

I'm nothing resembling an expert on the Kurdish people...far from it. I had, back in the day, a very casual freindship with an expat Turkish Kurd, and some of the stories I heard, and listening to what wasn't said, let's just say my sympathies lie with the Kurds.

I would love to see a Kurdish state somewhere in the ME...but that's very unlikely to happen with the current state of affairs. Though if Turkey and Syria would dig their bloody heads out of their arses they'd soon realize that a Kurdish ally is much better than a Kurdish enemy... ...and an autonomous Kurdish state would go a long ways towards making that pipe dream a reality.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mobiusmale

originally posted by: windword

So, let me get this straight. The US takes out a Syrian Airforce jet, and now RUSSIA is basically imposing a "No Fly Zone" on the US over Syria.

I'm wondering why the US shot that plane out of the sky in the first place.

According to the news reports, the Syrian plane was dropping bombs on one of the rebel groups supported by the US (so a US ally). The US, through the "anti-conflict" channels set up for these purposes, informed the Russians that these were "friendlies" that the Syrian jet was engaging and asked them to back off.

They didn't, and they got whacked...

Except US 'friendlies' are anything but moderate.

They are only friendly because they are Saudi Sunni (wahhabi), instead of Iranian/Syrian Shia. They are every bit as violent and terroristic as the Assad regime, if not worse.

People simply want different routes for the oil pipeline.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Syrian Democratic Forces.

Again, this is just an overview, and a somewhat biased one, of the SDF. The truth is probably a tad bit different, given the sheer number of groups involved in it--including the Kurds.

If they're fighting against daesh, then the US is right to support them...which also would put paid to some of the "talk" of the US supporting daesh.

But given the convoluted and twisted nature of alliances in the region, God or Allah alone know who is supporting who today...and it'll likely be different in a month, much less a year.

Which is why the US needs to get the ((bleep)) out, and let 'em solve their own issues.

But leave a place at the table for the Kurds who've been our allies since the beginning of our involvement, and deserve better than to be deserted, if/when we leave. Do not treat them like the Montengards in SE Asia were. That was, and will be, dishonorable/despicable behaviour.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
things that make you go ~~~ hmmmmmm....

The ministry's comments Monday came after a U.S. Navy fighter jet on Sunday shot down a Syrian fighter jet that had dropped bombs on Syrian rebel forces who are fighting ISIS in the country... (item:) F-18 Super Hornet shot down a Syrian government SU-22 after it dropped bombs near the U.S. partner forces, known as the Syrian Democratic Forces..... (item:)The shootdown was near Tabqa, a Syrian town in an area that has been a weekslong focus of fighting against IS militants by the SDF as they surround the city of Raqqa and attempt to retake it from IS....
Sources; AP

something fishy...the Russians+Syrians got field reports of anti-Asad-Rebels making conflict in the town of Tabqa on the frontier edge of fighting in Raqqa (the ISIS stronghold City) under counter-assault from pro-Asad Syrian forces

somehow, the USA got wind of the Syrian jet bombing anti-Syria-Rebels in Tabqa and sent an interceptor fighter jet to kill the Syrian jet immediately after the bombs dropped...

i smell a rat, the USA cannot have that kind of early & on-the-spot intelligence and the departure of the USA Hornet from the aircraft carrier in such an advanced time-frame to target the same aircraft that just did the bombing...

~~~~~~~~~~NO~~~~~~~~~~~~~the USA Hornet was hell bent on attacking and killing a Syrian aircraft fresh-after-the-(alleged)-attack...

this is a designed diversion...
Trump's doing or what ?

edit on th30149790126319412017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on th30149790135619422017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Wrong rebels are by definition US allies. There for they are there protecting friendlies. Pretty easy concept, but easy concepts must be hard to grasp I guess.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

The US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces - an alliance of Kurdish and Arab fighters - is battling to oust the militants from Raqqa, and broke into the IS stronghold city last week.

So this is the case, the US is risking a war with Russia over Kurdish and Arab fighters.

Yeah sure

We targeted a Syrian fighter, not a Russian fighter. If Russia fires on us it would be there fault for us whooping there a55! Russia really does not have the resources, money, navy, nor fire power we have. China doesnt even come close either.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
A nice balanced story of some of the stuff going on in Syria... Also in another video I watched it was said a U.S. F-18 was used to shoot down the Syrian aircraft. True the Russians have said they would track any aircraft that flew over certain areas in Syria... They did not come right out and say they would shoot the aircraft down. I doubt many countries would allow aircraft of a foreign nation to conduct airstrikes upon their soil..So IMO the western aircraft to include Israeli birds should be fair targets... Sorry but we have no business there and should let Syria and their invited allies take ISIS out; and I do not mean to dinner either..
youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
North Vietnam didn’t have the firepower to defeat the US either

All the US has beaten since WWII has been small defenseless countries.

Anyway, a nuclear war would have both sides losing.

Ultimately the US ha no right in Syria, it’s a lawless country.

It all started with the Iraq war and before that 911

The US is responsible for all of THESE WARS AND VIOLENCE IN THE MIDEAST, FROM THE WARS TO THE TERRORISM AROUND THE WORLD

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

We targeted a Syrian fighter, not a Russian fighter. [...]

And that is the designed outcome...

the iffy question of just what rebel forces supposedly got bombed by Syrian jets aside (it weren't Kurds, but the fighters being ISIS is not out-of-the-question either) The USA had a predetermined victim, they just had to line up the opportunity...

A Syrian aircraft was the only Prey selected as it would suit the purpose without a direct & immediate code-red conflict with Russia

with Trump it is thought that the Generals have the Go-Ahead on all matter concerning fighting & tactics...
so Trump did not order this incident to deflect from the domestic political power-mulching-machine created by the Progressives in the previous decade.

The resulting escalation ~> Coalition aircraft West of the Euphrates are NOW live targets

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just heard that IRAN has fired ballistic missiles into Syria. The Poor people there are being hit from all sides.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

North Vietnam didn’t have the firepower to defeat the US either

All the US has beaten since WWII has been small defenseless countries.

Anyway, a nuclear war would have both sides losing.

Ultimately the US ha no right in Syria, it’s a lawless country.

It all started with the Iraq war and before that 911

The US is responsible for all of THESE WARS AND VIOLENCE IN THE MIDEAST, FROM THE WARS TO THE TERRORISM AROUND THE WORLD

Pfffft, the UK screwed iraq up when they left tgem in the 1800's. Muslims mentality has not changed for thousands if years.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Just heard that IRAN has fired ballistic missiles into Syria. The Poor people there are being hit from all sides.

They're allies. Iran is aiming at ISIS.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: lambs to lions

Well f# said, I literally took a shot to this post.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join