It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The employment process today BLOWS and I'm about to lose it.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notably0ffbeat
I have a outstanding warrant from 2002 that is holding me back. Long story short is I had too much fun at a Halloween party that ended in a brief stay at a hospital. Now I have a drug related charge on my background check. Funny thing is I wasn't even aware of speaking to law enforcement that night. I remember having heart problems and getting checked in and then waking in my bed the next morning like it was a bad nightmare.

You would be amazed how this impacted my jobs. I didn't even know of the warrant till 07 when it showed up on a background check. To correct the issue would take hiring a lawyer (can't afford) or traveling 1000 miles to turn myself in.

I hate the background check industry... I just recently found out that a charge that I had expunged was on the background check. There is little oversight in this industry and its up to you to correct. When you do correct something, it is only with that particular database, and each company has their own.

So moral is be a saint, as one stupid mistake will haunt you. Getting jobs and housing for me is a crapshoot. I am in your same boat, I have to make $120 before the first to retain my apt. I am registered with a temp agency, and have an interview tomorrow but that won't help me this month.

If the temp agency doesn't find me work, than I will be picking up cans... Wish me luck

Dude call up the court house and find out what can be done. Explain you are aware of the warrant but your physical residence is over 1,000 miles away and how can you take care of it?

You may be able to pay a fine, agree to probation (which should only matter in the location where the warrant is), or something else.

I don't know if every court does this, but many courts will allow you to make payments on your fine based on your income. I once assisted someone in getting set up on a $25/month payment towards unpaid tickets, which turned into warrants adding $30 on top of the ticket. After 6 months, the warrant expires and is re-issued at another $30 charge. Once on the repayment plan, those fees stopped accruing.

It is possible to resolve your situation if you work for it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

It sounds like you keep failing your interviews.

And it is probably because of your attitude.

Don't be nervous. Be confident.

In order to be cobfident, and not just acting like it, you need to be honest.

Don't sit through an interview trying to fabricate a feeling of trust between you and the interviewer, look at it as if you were a boss trying to hire someone.

Otherwise the only job you will ever get is by someone who is not very good at hiring people, of which you will just end up fired....

If i were to interview you in person i could help you better. But since that is not possible at this given moment? Sorry.

But all i can tell you is to change your attitude.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I usually have to go from IT job to IT job because no one wants to hire anymore. It's all contract work now days with IT. I've been with a large medical company for the past year doing IT but my department is moving to Puerto Rico soon because it's cheaper to do so. I will be without a job before the end of the year, again, unless I can move to another area within the company. Feds me up.

I've decided now to train myself on more creative things like computer animation and graphics, illustration, programming, etc.. I will work for myself since working for others never seems to work out anymore for the long term.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Welcome to the machine age my friend.

I remember the days where you could just walk up to someone and ask for a job. As a colleague once told me "employers are looking for 25 year old's with 30 years experience" and he is not wrong-My cert in IT doesn't even get my foot in the door so I freelanced. I remember a neighbor offered me 30 bucks for a tune up after she paid $180 for a 'consultant' who never fixed their problem and gave her false information, color me obvious but he was a Microsoft certified technician.

Here's a tip, help the elders. Pick up their groceries, help them with electronics and so forth-they are more then generous with their tips- if you know anything about electronics then help them out and charge less then the phonies.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Alright.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

You know what? I would like to give you an interview. Just so I could break down, and analyze your attitude and all. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I am a District Manager in Portland and am currently recruiting for a sales job within a department store chain that has hired our staffing company. I currently have 10+ positions open and we aren't picky as long as you have basic people skills, can offer products and services to strangers and have a desire to work. It's part-time, and not a career to start, but has advancement opportunities.

If you or anyone else is having trouble landing a job 1:1 me and I can get you in touch with our recruiting team in your part of the US. Seriously, the only things that would disqualify you from this job is a recent felony, or using drugs. Other than that if what I described above is something you could do we likely have an opening for you.
edit on 20-6-2017 by Charliezin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliezin82

I am a District Manager in Portland and am currently recruiting for a sales job within a department store chain...

I'm in Portland right now. Are you near a dispensary? I cannot switch jobs unless you are rightnextdoor to a dispensary for, uh, 'coping' reasons.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Construction jobs start at $15 an hour if you have experience. There are plenty of jobs out there. Prob not the kind of jobs you'd be interested in. Aim lower perhaps. No excuse to be out of work since february.

I AM A FEMALE!!!!! I don't know a damn thing about construction and all those job are taken by Mexicans and immigrants where i live. Dont' even start with me. NOT in the mood.

No excuse? are you kidding me? Do you know my life or what I have done or where I apply? I am not picky at all when it comes to work. I am sick of the PROCESS of it and how nobody contacts you. If it was so easy to find a job I would have had one but when you are one of 100 people applying for a position yea it's gets to be rough. It's so easy to judge someone when you aren't in THEIR SHOES. Clearly you lack any form of empathy.

Go away with your negative judgmental crap. This is the RANT forum. It's called a rant for a reason!
Females work construction jobs. I've met female welders, drywall installers, forklift drivers, ect. Granted, most of them are masculine lesbians, but some of them are not. Still, no one can blame a woman for not being willing to work construction. The physical inferiority becomes much more obvious in such settings. At least y'all are more intelligent.

Anyway, good luck on the hunt. Try management jobs and stuff at places like family dollar or dollar general. It takes a month or longer to hear back, but it's something. Otherwise, government jobs...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am so in your corner, stranger friend. You rock it. Don't settle for a crummy job. I hope your new job makes you the happiest single mama in the world. And if it doesn't, don't let the bastards, including schulyer, get you down.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Seriously.. attitude means a lot. I was hiring for a helpdesk 1 position, and I did want someone with experience. But one young guy from Brazil, readily admitted during the interview he had little to no experience with IT. But his attitude was so positive, I hired him anyway. IT is a very customer driven position. He did amazingly well, went from some 38k to 75k in 4 years. Always positive, always helpful, energetic, honest about when he didn't know something.. attitude does matter. Management loved the guy.

So to get into the door:

1. Make sure your resume and cover letter has literally 0 grammatical and spelling errors. When hiring for some positions in the past, I'd get a stack of some 60 + resumes. I can't possibly interview all of them. I'd read them all, but I'd immediately toss the ones with grammar and spelling errors. If you don't care enough to make sure your resume has no spelling or grammar errors, while others do care.. I will toss those immediately.

2. Positive, friendly, energetic attitude. Always look your interviewers in the eyes. Don't fidget, just keep calm. Readily admit if there is something you don't know, you don't.. but you are willing and ready to learn whatever it takes.

3. If having difficulties, hit a staffing agency. Their profit is only made by getting you a job. Usually the pay is solid, look for temp to perm, and look for jobs that have growth potential.

Also check sites for interviews and typical questions and replies. While it's important to be honest, when someone asks you to name something you are weak at, or need to work on, don't give them ammo. Be honest, but pick something that is minimal. Don't say you can't think of anything.. but don't give them something that they will pass you over for. Also don't read on typical answers on the Internet and give those stock answers.

Also a lot of those interviewers are not super experienced and surprisingly as nervous as you. Putting them at ease goes a long way. People hire people who stand out, seem positive, enthusiastic, and eager to get the job. They don't want placid, same-same answers to their questions, but they don't want crazy stuff either. Honesty goes a long way, as long as you don't honest yourself out of a job. Don't be flatly dishonest, but don't open up and sing like a bird about your shortcomings.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: schuyler
If the attitude you display here comes through in the interview process, no one is going to hire you. Why should they? You've got attitude pouring out of your pores. That spells "bad hire' to anyone trying to fill a position. They are looking for people who do not cause more problems than they solve.

TYPICAL reply from YOU! Why don't you go kick god damn rocks! I am so sick of YOUR negative attitude on here over the years. You are MEAN.

This is the RANT FORUM! Get over it and MOVE the hell on.

How I am on a rant forum and how I am in an interview are TWO different things. Take your CONSTANT negativity elsewhere.

48 stars for telling schellyer off.
ATS should give you a job just for that. My prayers are with you.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Honesty and hard work does not pay. Humanity is being taken for a ride by the 1%.
Time to rise up.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
OP, I'm with you on the whole job process nowadays. I'm currently employed (hit my 10 year mark on the 7th of this month) and am looking for another job. We are always told it's easier to find a job once you already have one but I've been searching for months. I'm looking to relocate from NJ to Georgia and find a Network Engineer position and that's hard. I decided in the interim to work towards my CCNA, CCIE, and other certs. It's really frustrating. I just want a new start somewhere else. NJ is all I've known all my life. I'm tired of paying high rent, high everything!

Good luck to you and hope you find something soon.

I don't know if you've tried Indeed but look on their site and see if anything pops up.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SheopleNation

Hah. I give practise interviews to all of my friends and give them immediate critiques on their answers. I tell them how i feel about an individual. I give examples of people who failed interviews so they can see what they are doing wrong. And even hear what they are doing wrong.

But part of the problem also lies in the person themselves. Especially when it comes to a job that they really want.

Some people # it up for themselves by going to 2interviews in one day. Where as one interviewer said they would hire them, then the second one said they wanted to hire them... he cancels one of them, but the one he wants... ends up being a second interview... and they fail the second interview, or training.

But again it all falls under attitude.

Apply for any job. But keep that job for at minimum 4 years even if you hate it. Because in my state... they want people who have held a job for more than 2 years. And in some cases? 3 years.

If you don't have a job reference where you worked there for less than 3 years now a days.... they see it as a failure. 3 to 4 years is the new minimum acceptance....

No matter what job it is try to stick with it for at least 4 years.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Hi Blah.

I Love you and will pray you find a good bank job with nice people and a cool boss.

I understand how it is. I'm way more stubborn than you so I get myself into far worse situations.

Please be Faithful and try with all your might to just believe that something Great is coming your way. I wish I could give you a big hug. You're so smart and nice, you deserve so much better than all of this.

Please try to relax and Trust the Universe. If you cannot do anything at that moment you MUST stop worrying. God's got this. Surrender finally and give this a shot. Rest, relax, and say thank you. Good things will happen. No more anxiety ok??

I really do Love you with all my Heart and need you to dry your eyes and listen.... It's going to be OK. You're going to make it and your best days are ahead of you.

Be Strong, have Faith, and do NOT give up! Ask the invisible Universal consciousness for help just one more time - then Believe. A Miracle is coming.

Now go for a walk and smell the flowers K? I know life is mostly miserable suffering but today doesn't have to be. Acceptance...

It's OK to cry. It feels better.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

despite Mars per your profile, what state are you currently living in? There are tons and tons of good manufacturing jobs and they have 9-5 admin positions all over the Midwest. despite one's political views, current Presidency has brought a lot of jobs to Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, PA, and that area from what I can vouch for.

You may be able to take a lower job that doesn't make you happy just to get back out there - like an auto parts store or something.

Here is another tip - don't just use job search sites to find open positions. Google maps a city, say Pittsburgh... on the overview of the city, if you zoom in just right, it will show names of various companies you've never ever heard of... go to their websites, click on a career tab if available. It's a little trick I learned a while back. it is the modern day equivalent of going thru a companies front door and asking if they are hiring, shaking a hand, and starting the next day.

my .02 for what it's worth.

also, not sure your religious practices, but keep up tithes. alms during your lowest times bring about the greatest fruits.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

You're in the same position as millions of others. If you spent less time complaining about the situation, and more time thinking of an inventive way to make yourself stand out from the rest of the people that need a job, any job, you might find you have more luck.

There's a million and one other pissed off people that think they are more entitled than the rest just as you seem to, and reality is you'll need to take your place in line like they did as well.

Blame your government for this crisis. Blame the bleeding heart left that gave all your jobs to immigrants. Blame the laws that give incentives to businesses to hire immigrants. Blame the sellout of your country to the cheapest provider, China.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Can I suggest that you have a serious look at your Resume... If you have applied for that many jobs and people are not coming back to you then there must be a problem with it.... Send it to me in a private mail if you wish and I will proof read it make some improvements if possible...

Also, don't mean to pry, but where is the child's father in all this? Is he contributing what he should?

You have to remember that in order to stand out from the crowd you have to offer them something that makes them think they NEED you, that their business would be worse off without employing you... I see this mistake made many times with friends in the past, they seem to think people should employ them when they are bringing nothing to the table....

And I must admit I didn't like your reply to the comment about construction jobs.... You don't need to know anything about building to be a labourer... Also, your response of "all the Mexicans" get those job was a little short sighted.... Show them what you can do better than the others, whatever that may be... SELL YOURSELF!!

Good luck in your search....

PA.
edit on 21-6-2017 by PerfectAnomoly because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2017 by PerfectAnomoly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
HR has taken over the reins and they have to jsutify their paycheck. i totally agree. you can no longer kock on doors. your resume has to have the right buzz words to even be looked at.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join