It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The employment process today BLOWS and I'm about to lose it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Have you tried any of the staffing services? I am sure they could find you something...it may not be what you are looking for long term, but it would at least bring in some money. I know that having a young one to support just sends the anxiety through the roof!

So. "Act as If." Go put on a suit and get yourself to a temp service. They usually pay weekly.

I feel for your situation,but don't let the B#*)*@ds get ya down.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Don't discount construction, I run a construction company. 18 months ago I hired an out of work VP, from a failed loan company for 10 bucks an hour to help out around the office.
She was smart, hardworking and full of ideas. Today she has much more than doubled her pay and runs a division for me. But she didn't know anything about construction when she started.

Even very over qualified people can lean new skills or apply their current skill set to new surroundings.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Those "observations" should be illegal. Especially since its free labor.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You obviously enjoy cooking, have you thought about a career in the food service/hospitality industry?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Not sure if this would help but trades schools in canada are cheaper than going the college and university route, there will always be demands for plumbers, electricians, mechanics, im sure you get where im going, and no being a woman is not a problem, you could also try to find work as an apprentice, get payed to work and learn.

At worst if you really cant find work, send me a private msg, up where i live compagnys import workers because nobody wants to fill in the jobs, its a tourist resort and its real hard to find good workers.

Good luck in your job search.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Stop being so stroppy and be more positive is the only positive suggestion I would like to add.

What you write can be felt and can bugger up your CV...

Just saying...

Warmest

Lags

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
a reply to: schuyler

You have the nerve. As a personal LONG TIME FRIEND of the op you truely have no clue.....and no the op doesnt act like this all the time. Ugh i can already tell you im not gonna be a fan of yours.

SHE"S BAAAAACK!

Thanks sweetie! You DO know me quite well on a personal level! You now what I"m dealing with. I haven't snapped yet! LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You obviously enjoy cooking, have you thought about a career in the food service/hospitality industry?

I enjoy cooking for fun not a job. I would find myself not enjoying it if I did it for work. It's very different when it's your job vs for fun. I have had many friends in the restaurant business get burnt out over it and didn't enjoy cooking at home. For me it's a hobby, something i do to relax. A good way to gauge my happiness is if I am cooking! No joke. If I am happy in life I cook a lot. If I am stressed or upset I don't cook. Cooking is an escape to me.

If I could do it for a living I probably would have long ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: Woodcarver
Construction jobs start at $15 an hour if you have experience. There are plenty of jobs out there. Prob not the kind of jobs you'd be interested in. Aim lower perhaps. No excuse to be out of work since february.

I AM A FEMALE!!!!! I don't know a damn thing about construction and all those job are taken by Mexicans and immigrants where i live. Dont' even start with me. NOT in the mood.

No excuse? are you kidding me? Do you know my life or what I have done or where I apply? I am not picky at all when it comes to work. I am sick of the PROCESS of it and how nobody contacts you. If it was so easy to find a job I would have had one but when you are one of 100 people applying for a position yea it's gets to be rough. It's so easy to judge someone when you aren't in THEIR SHOES. Clearly you lack any form of empathy.

Go away with your negative judgmental crap. This is the RANT forum. It's called a rant for a reason!
Lol. I know a lot of ladies who are carpenters, painters, tile setters, even roofers. I guess you are above these jobs. Somebody better tell these ladies that this type of work isn't for them. I know at least one of these ladies makes about $2500 a week.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I enjoy cooking for fun not a job. I would find myself not enjoying it if I did it for work. It's very different when it's your job vs for fun. I have had many friends in the restaurant business get burnt out over it and didn't enjoy cooking at home. For me it's a hobby, something i do to relax. A good way to gauge my happiness is if I am cooking! No joke. If I am happy in life I cook a lot. If I am stressed or upset I don't cook. Cooking is an escape to me.

If there are jobs available that you feel are beneath you, then you get what you deserve.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You don't necessarily need to cook to work in food service/hospitality, there are other avenues in that sector. I mentioned it since you would have a better understanding of what is required in that industry since you already seem to have a passion for part of what it entails.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I AM A FEMALE!!!!! I don't know a damn thing about construction and all those job are taken by Mexicans and immigrants where i live. Dont' even start with me. NOT in the mood.

What does being a female have to do with it?

My step mom is approaching 70, and she still whips out the chain saw to cut down trees, grabs her skill saw and various other tools and makes modifications to her home.

I know two women that are structural engineers (had them both come and help teach the engineering merit badge with our Boy Scout troop).

I can understand if you don't know anything about construction simply because you've never learned or had a need to learn.....but it shouldn't have anything to do with being a woman.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Did you file for unemployment insurance?
Depending on how long you worked you can get unemployment for six months to a year.
Oh and the bank pays so you stick it to them too.
Lol

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

lol. Another job that is beneath you. You're not looking for a job you looking for excuses to get out of working.
edit on 19-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
My sympathies. I was made redundant years ago (in the UK) and that had catastrophic impact on my life at the time. However, I managed to get another job by relocating and using a mates sofa as a base of operations. Work is there if you look outside of your area, but it's a grind and a real pain.

Don't lose your self respect and self esteem, that would be my advice. However, temper your expectations, because taking a backward step is often the only way to move forward.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Have you thought about law enforcement? From road patrol to dispatch to records keeping. Its not the best paying job but most LE jobs have good benefits.

Don't give up, and Good Luck!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

Don't discount construction, I run a construction company. 18 months ago I hired an out of work VP, from a failed loan company for 10 bucks an hour to help out around the office.
She was smart, hardworking and full of ideas. Today she has much more than doubled her pay and runs a division for me. But she didn't know anything about construction when she started.

Even very over qualified people can lean new skills or apply their current skill set to new surroundings.

I have zero problem learning new things but where I live good luck getting a job in construction if you are white and dont' speak Spanish. That is a fact. I have known many people who lost their jobs to others (immigrants legal AND illegal) because they will take less pay. It's no joke. A few places have been sued over it. One guy lost his entire company. Construction where I am is minimal too.

When I moved into my duplex I spent six weeks redoing it. I painted all the room, cleaned for DAYS! I tore up the yard and was here every day after work and on weekends for 6 weeks. I had the kitchen ripped out and new cabinets put in. The bathroom was redone as well. I spent all my money on this place. My neighbor made a comment how he saw more effort in me than any of his workers and he admired that. He said I never complained and I was there just as late as he was getting the job done ON MY OWN! He was renovating the house next door. He was a nice guy and I also knew him from the bank! He and his guys helped me a few times when I needed man power lol and I would get them beer and pizza. They couldn't believe the work I did on my own. I use to joke with him that he should just hire me and I could learn! I honestly wish I had a way to get in touch with him. I would ask for a job be it painting or whatever! I have never been a picky one when it comes to work. AS long as I have a paycheck and a roof over my head I'm good. I can work around whatever I am doing to find something better, it's just having that income at the same time I need!

I have applied all over and the thing I usually get is why would you work here when you worked for Bank of America and why would you take such a pay cut. I am like seriously? So am I being punished because I worked for satan? I can't tell. I call it satan because that place is horrible! I love banking but BOA is not a place I would recommend anyone work let alone bank with. I was on anxiety meds while working there is was so bad. They treat employees especially tellers like dirt!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
If the attitude you display here comes through in the interview process, no one is going to hire you. Why should they? You've got attitude pouring out of your pores. That spells "bad hire' to anyone trying to fill a position. They are looking for people who do not cause more problems than they solve.

TYPICAL reply from YOU! Why don't you go kick god damn rocks! I am so sick of YOUR negative attitude on here over the years. You are MEAN.

This is the RANT FORUM! Get over it and MOVE the hell on.

How I am on a rant forum and how I am in an interview are TWO different things. Take your CONSTANT negativity elsewhere.

I don't know either of you, but I do agree this is a rant forum so rant on. That said, ranting really doesn't help. A single mom? I know on my area day care is very limited and additional care givers would be more than welcome. Have you given thought to seeking employment that fits your situation instead of trying to fit your situation into 8-5 employment opportunities. When you left BOA did you file for unemployment benefits and do you see the counselors regularly? I'm sure you are capable of other than banking work and since you're willing to take $10 hour, they can help you find those opportunities and help you not over qualify your resume. Best of luck to you...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Why did you leave the bank?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It would be fantastic of she could relocate everybody but unfortunately she's bound to Florida by a grade A (undesirable word) its a price paid when having children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join