It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosumer drone supposedly taken down near weapons tasting facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Pretty sort on details here, going to take a guess and say it was Phantom or Mavic. Pretty stupid to go airborne near a live fire weapons testing ground and I bet hes going to feel the full wraith of CASA coming down on him.

link to article

I remember reading about a system in place that sounded similar to protect the white house?

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Whats tasting sounds boring change the title

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: E92M3

This one tastes like oranges.

This one tastes like almond..... (thud).

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
" i love the taste of napalm in the morning "

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Probably not the first but what do those drones taste like?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

It has a slightly tangy taste to it. Add enough hot sauce and it's not bad.
edit on 6/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/19/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I dont see why he would be in trouble with CASA? The article states he was near the Woomera weapons range, not in it. And unless he was using it in controlled airspace it wouldn't even be an issue. I'm also sceptical that his drone was even interfered with if he was 30-40kms from the site. I think its more likely coincidence and he is blaming the military for a simple loss of control signal. Its not beyond the bounds of possibility that the weapons range took control covertly and forced it down but at that distance I dont think they would have been concerned or even necessarily seen it.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

That entire area is a no fly zone, you can check the app for yourself provided by CASA.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This facilities weapons taste Awful.

1/10 lost my drone and worst tasting facility I have visited.

Would not recommend.

edit on 19-6-2017 by MorpheusUSA because: Flag for comments lol

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Can someone please explain these replies to me? am I not getting something?? What does taste have to do with it?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Your title:

Prosumer drone supposedly taken down near weapons tasting facility

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The title.....

He....hea reply to: E92M3

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Its not that simple, there are probably 10 different zones in Woomera and each has its own unique restrictions, and those restrictions can change depending on when it is, what the area is designated for and what exactly they are doing. Most however have a restriction of just over 5nm in radius and with varying heights, but the majority are not surface level restrictions. As a general rule, if you are in controlled airspace you must stay below 400ft. We would need to know the exact coordinates of where he was and when to be sure. However none of this explains how his drone went down.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

Its not beyond the bounds of possibility that the weapons range took control covertly and forced it down...

Common civilian drone will automatically land by themself upon loosing reception of GPS L1 signal, wich is very easy to jam or even spoof in the purpose to take control of the drone guidance system.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
EMP would have killed it dead.Is either a coincidence or a GPS shutdown locally.Im just wondering who did the BOOM? Superbug throwing some toys around?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cofactor

That's where my thought train is leading, perhaps there was an area wide blanket jam of GPS/RF signals which triggered the drone to automatically land itself to prevent damage.

I highly doubt that he was specifically targeted.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AussieNutter

Drone jammer are line of sight device, check this link. You will like the picture of the guy holding a jammer:
Long-Distance Jammer Is Taking Down Drones

Reportedly, the DroneDefender can hit objects up to 400 meters with an effective cone diameter of 30°. This is about as far as Battelle goes with the technical details

edit on 20-6-2017 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

top topics

join