It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Council of Britain: Perpetrator Was 'Motivated By Islamophobia'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

edit on 19-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: tiple post

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I wonder if this is a situation, that folks who knew someone that was killed by one of these past terrorist attaches, took the law into there own hands.

We all feel fear.

And how we are raised, makes a big difference on how we react.

If this incident turns out to be just that, it will not curb or stop anything.

It will just intice it.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MissCoyote
Nah! Not really! "We" can thank, the citizens, for letting the "government" get out of hand. The "government officials" don't do #, unless we allow it! But they've done a good job! Have to hand it to them! No standards, no morals and no reason. Everything is "legal" swamp muck? ... I'd say they've done a excellent job as "politicians"... Almost "titled" and "royal" to me. Pretty much why I could give a rat's a** anymore. A price will be paid, either way. ... Long day, or short lunch? Doesn't really matter... Die now? Or show "my papers"? It's all the same, that ends the same...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crappiekat

I wonder if this is a situation, that folks who knew someone that was killed by one of these past terrorist attaches, took the law into there own hands.

We all feel fear.

And how we are raised, makes a big difference on how we react.

If this incident turns out to be just that, it will not curb or stop anything.

It will just intice it.

Hell, right now all speculation.

Could be drunk / drugs, Some self rationalized act of violence for recent events, sectarian violence because this mosque isn't as radical as it used to be, and I am sure there are a few more possible motives or scenarios.

Don't know yet.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

From the news media information that I have access to, it seems to be a very peaceful area.

They get along and accept each other.

Maybe someone from the outside of this community just out to create problems.

edit on 19-6-2017 by crappiekat because: spell chk

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I saw that too on sky news.

The witness being interviewed, Muhammed, was adamant in stating that the driver said absolutely nothing.

This new yelling narrative didn't come out until five hours after the fact.

The taqiyya is running thick in london town this morning.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Scotland Yard confirmed there was no stabbing.

The witnesses lied. Imagine that.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: thesaneone

I saw that too on sky news.

The witness being interviewed, Muhammed, was adamant in stating that the driver said absolutely nothing.

This new yelling narrative didn't come out until five hours after the fact.

The taqiyya is running thick in london town this morning.

Sky News Says a witness said this:

LIVE: Van incident 'potential terror attack' - PM A witness says the attacker said "I've done my bit" after killing one person and injuring 10 others outside a north London mosque.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

That interview with islamic propagandist Toufik Kacimi did not occur until hours after the interview with the young black witness named Muhammed who stated the driver said nothing.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This is the sky interview where the witness stated the driver said nothing.

I am posting the whole thing in case it disappears.

22:22 Delivery driver says he believes it was a 'terrorist' attack Delivery driver Mohammed Abdullah, who was on a bike about three cars behind the incident, tells Sky News he saw the van take a sudden left turn. "I think he done it on purpose. I was on a ped. He was about three cars in front of me. He came in a bus lane and took a sharp left. "He went on top of the people. He actually ran them over. It was a white van. "There was three of them. Two of them ran away. The other was held at the scene until the police came. Some people wanted to beat him up. "I've seen about six or seven people on the floor. Most of them was male. It was exactly the same time as the prayers finished. As soon as it finished, this guy came. I think (the road he took) is a blocked road - It's not even a through road. "The other two got away. They must be somewhere around Finsbury Park. They ran away somewhere." He said the man arrested did not say anything. "He had a tattoo on his back. He was not ill. He was not drunk. He got arrested by five or six police officers. They took him away. They never dropped him or nothing." He said in his opinion it was a terrorist attack.

edit on 19-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: infolurker
Not sure what they know that the police and officials have not released yet but it appears the Muslim Council of Britain is already on record calling Finsbury Park a motivated Islamophobia attack. I guess we will find out if they are right in a few hours.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/19/north-london-van-incident-finsbury-park-casualties-collides-pedestrians-live-updates?page=with:block-5947 45c6e4b0d5ab311e92d6#block-594745c6e4b0d5ab311e92d6

Muslim Council of Britain: perpetrator was 'motivated by Islamophobia'

A statement from the Muslim Council of Britain has condemned the incident, noting it is “widely being described as a terror attack”. The statement said witness accounts described the van “intentionally ploughed into a group of worshippers who were already tending to someone who had been taken ill”. Harun Khan, secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain said:

During the night, ordinary British citizens were set upon while they were going about their lives, completing their night worship. My prayers are with the victims and their families. It appears from eye witness accounts that the perpetrator was motivated by Islamophobia.

Over the past weeks and months, Muslims have endured many incidents of Islamophobia, and this is the most violent manifestation to date. Given we are approaching the end of the month of Ramadan and the celebration of Eid with many Muslims going to local mosques, we expect the authorities to increase security outside mosques as a matter of urgency.

Muslim communities have been calling for increased action to tackle the growth in hate crime for many years and transformative action must now be taken to tackle not only this incident but the hugely worrying growth in Islamophobia. Many will feel terrorised, no doubt be angry and saddened by what has taken place tonight. We urge calm as the investigation establishes the full facts, and in these last days of Ramadan, pray for those affected and for justice.”

Police are yet to say whether the event in Finsbury Park constitutes a terrorist attack.

Odd how quick they are calling this a terror attack in the MSM right?

Seems like it takes a week or more for every Muslim terror attack for it to be called as such, even though lately they have been weekly.

Guessing this is going to be the start of a new MSM agenda to re-label terrorists as those that oppose Islam.

Both Manchester and the attacks in London were described as terrorist attacks almost immediately.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

That interview with islamic propagandist Toufik Kacimi did not occur until hours after the interview with the young black witness named Muhammed who stated the driver said nothing.

Toufik Kacimi, the chief executive of the Muslim Welfare House, next to where the suspected attack happened,

Okay, I see your reply now.

He's a propagandist? Interesting.

edit on 19-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
This will have the unfortunate consequence of enabling apologists to claim that White people also committ terrorist atrocities, and further disregard the dispropotionallity in that erroneous claim.

The claim that white people don't commit terrorist attacks is the erroneous one.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

Islamophobia? Oh, you mean people fighting back after all that has been done to them? What a concept...

Driving a van into a crowd of innocent people is fighting back?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

How could you miss the interview with Mohammed?

It is on the same page you linked to on Sky News.

22:22 Delivery driver says he believes it was a 'terrorist' attack Delivery driver Mohammed Abdullah, who was on a bike about three cars behind the incident, tells Sky News he saw the van take a sudden left turn. "I think he done it on purpose. I was on a ped. He was about three cars in front of me. He came in a bus lane and took a sharp left. "He went on top of the people. He actually ran them over. It was a white van. "There was three of them. Two of them ran away. The other was held at the scene until the police came. Some people wanted to beat him up. "I've seen about six or seven people on the floor. Most of them was male. It was exactly the same time as the prayers finished. As soon as it finished, this guy came. I think (the road he took) is a blocked road - It's not even a through road. "The other two got away. They must be somewhere around Finsbury Park. They ran away somewhere." He said the man arrested did not say anything. "He had a tattoo on his back. He was not ill. He was not drunk. He got arrested by five or six police officers. They took him away. They never dropped him or nothing." He said in his opinion it was a terrorist attack.

news.sky.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

The word I have struggled to find is...

Tolerance

We need to understand, we all want peace.

Those who create these horrible acts, do not understand this.

They have been somehow taught or been somehow to believe something that is not true.

edit on 19-6-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
London Police just tweeted there are no other suspects at this time.

There goes the "two other accomplices" narrative.

These witnesses can't be trusted.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This ain't a terrorist thing.
its a spur of the moment job.

The guy is 48, well beyond the norm for people involved in this kind of terrorist action.

The fact he turned into a dead end street shows that he didn't plan this beforehand.

It's one psycho, possibly recently divorced or unemployed who lost it and decided to hit out at someone rather than face the reality of making a mess of his own life.

Treating it as terrorism will only drag scarce resources away from the fight against actual, organised terror.
edit on 43pMon, 19 Jun 2017 01:23:43 -050020172017-06-19T01:23:43-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

London Police just tweeted there are no other suspects at this time.

There goes the "two other accomplices" narrative.

These witnesses can't be trusted.

mobile.twitter.com...

"At this early stage there are no other suspects, however the investigation continues."

Where does it say that they definitely have ruled out other suspects ?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance
Page still isn't loading fully.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join