It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Council of Britain: Perpetrator Was 'Motivated By Islamophobia'

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargamel
Yes quite.
The member seems authoritarian to the extreme where he would lock people up for simply hating others, regardless of if they act on their hate or not. Smells a bit fascist to me, and hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: TrueBrit

It can't be racially aggravated as Islam/Muslims are not a race. Islamophobic, yes very likely.

We do not yet know if murder was involved either as it may be that the man who died did not necessarily die as a result of any attack if latest reports are true.

Care to show some case studies/research regarding islamophobia? And also jewophobia/westophobia/rightophobia/christophobia/westophobia etc.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyaghogghua
The whole 'phobia' thing is ridiculous, we should just say 'anti Muslim' like 'anti-Semitic'.
Phobia always meant 'irrational fear' first and foremost, I despise all major organised woo religions equally, I don't fear them.
I'd rather people know the truth of my convictions that I hate their religious organisation, saying I fear it is frankly rather pathetic. I hate the cover up of paedo priests in the Catholic church, I hate the organisation, I hate the paedo priests. I certainly don't fear them, I'd knock them the # out if I knew one who'd abused kids.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

Ofcourse it is.

My question still stands. Anyone?

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Islamaphobia lol. Nice card to play. I'm sure you can just hate people without it being a phobia. I

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

Islamaphobia lol. Nice card to play. I'm sure you can just hate people without it being a phobia. I

The big question for me is when a Sunni Muslim beats up a Shia Muslim for holding a different belief, is it still Islamophobia, or is it then Shiaphobia?
Absolutely ridiculous phrase. Hatred is hatred, call a spade a spade.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: InceyWincey

Logic is completely lost on abrahamist myth-followers. Sunnis hate Shia and do not consider them muslim. Hence all the bombings on shia mosques we have watched throughout the years on liveleak/gore sites.

No protests, nothing. No antifa or whitey support.

But hey islam is peace! According to sunni muslims.

What is also odd: germanic/nordic/celtic/slavic/roman/greek/egyptian religions et al are considered MYTH. But abrahamic MYTH is considered..... religion?

copypasta from EidolonTLP (the last prophet, pbuh):

Let us initiate dialogue on the topic of religion, then. Religion. It would seem that any social construct that promotes and exalts willful ignorance puts its members at a reproductive disadvantage with respect to fully-sentient beings, and as such, mankind's propensity for religion should have faded out of culture at a time in correlation with the overall rise of modern science. Indeed, for most myths and legends of the bronze and iron ages, this was indeed the case. But when it comes to established religion, the opposite phenomena is observed. Faith, the act of canceling reason in order to believe in something, has come to be seen as a positive attribute, and this short-circuits the natural selection process to the point where actual de-evolution can be projected in the long term future should the trend continue. Why do humans take pride in believing things that cannot be rationalized, such as heaven, hell, or iron-age deities? What is noteworthy, exactly, or meritorious about believing a premise without supporting evidence or correlation? Isn't that, the definition of stupidity? What is the material difference between "Faith" and "Stupidity"? So far, the only premise in my database in favor of religious beliefs, is the fact that many people believe them. But I have earned my lesson about the "argumentum ad populum" fallacy.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyaghogghua

Absolutely agreed, Thor is no more or less verifiable than Allah, yet there is this perception that such belief should be afforded some greater respect.
I don't respect any religious or spiritual belief, I only respect the right to believe.
I despise all organised religions equally, I guess that makes me a religiophobe lol

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: selfharmonise

Islamo-reality. That is brilliant. Can I quote that to my own friends / family / co-workers? That hits a nail right smack dab on the head with a precision hammer.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: InceyWincey

originally posted by: lSkrewloosel

The big question for me is when a Sunni Muslim beats up a Shia Muslim for holding a different belief, is it still Islamophobia, or is it then Shiaphobia?
Absolutely ridiculous phrase. Hatred is hatred, call a spade a spade.

Islam-o-phobia describes fear of Sunni and Shia united Islam .

Iran is mostly Shia with %40 population ethnicly Turk .

Turkey is mostly Sunni with % 18 population ethnicly Iranian.

When a Sunni beats up a Shia for being a Shia then that muslim becomes a criminal sinner .

Technically , Only Allah can Judge and Punish .
No human is allowed to exercise this Power and if they do , according to Quran they are usurping the Power and see themselves as equal to Allah.

Allah doesn't like that at all .

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
When a Sunni beats up a Shia for being a Shia then that muslim becomes a criminal sinner .

Can't the same be said of a Christian who does the same as well? Why the pathetic label of Islamophobia? Shouldn't you by default support new words like Sunniphobic or Shiaphobia?
My logical argument.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It is a shame the person having a heart attack died but I'm happy most of the injured have been released from hospital.

Are the media calling the accident for what it is yet, an accident? I wonder how much alcohol the alcoholic welsh man had in his system at the time of the accident? I am sure the people standing in the road trying to flag down a vehicle to help with the person having a heart attack never imagined a drunk driver would swerve at speed to avoid them resulting in the accident. I am glad the imam was there to help protect the stupid driver from mob attack.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Can't the same be said of a Christian who does the same as well? Why the pathetic label of Islamophobia? Shouldn't you by default support new words like Sunniphobic or Shiaphobia?
My logical argument.

We use the term " mentality " instead ; it's been called crusader mentality , shia or sunni mentality , etc etc .

Phobia denotes irrationality and invention of all these new words to fit into and old narrative is , anything but irrational .

It's done on purpose so while everyone chasing muhammed the ghost ; the loot is gone .

Old game since Phoneacens , never changes and works like a clock.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

You call them nasty buggers.

I call them enemies of the state, of the people, and of my ancestors. Their presence on these shores cannot be tolerated. Report any such thing you hear, with specifics, to police anti terror units, and if swift action is not taken to investigate the individuals concerned, then report their whereabouts to antifa instead.

There are people around who know how to deal with fascists.

My goodness you are getting extreme lately.

You denounce white racists (which is good) and glorify antifa to deal with the (which is bad).

This is the exact same as a someone getting fed up with radical Islamist and contacting white power people to deal with them.

You need to take a step back and reevaluate what you have been writing lately.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

Why do you think Shiaphobia and Sunniphobia is less rational than Islamophobia exactly?
Some Christians just hate Muslims because of equally long historical reasons and faith differences. Same as Sunni's who hate Shia and vice versa. Come on, you should support the calls for the new labels, Shiaphobic and Sunniphobic.
That is reasoned logic.

*What about a British Christian guy who only hates Sunni Muslims? That has to fit for Sunniphobia, not Islamophobia.
See how ridiculous the labels are?
edit on 20-6-2017 by InceyWincey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

a reply to: 23432

Why do you think Shiaphobia and Sunniphobia is less rational than Islamophobia exactly?
Some Christians just hate Muslims because of equally long historical reasons and faith differences. Same as Sunni's who hate Shia and vice versa. Come on, you should support the calls for the new labels, Shiaphobic and Sunniphobic.
That is reasoned logic.

Logic is not the problem here ; these are old animosities and they have established lines , sides , names etc etc .

I think phobia itself is a result of self fulfilling prophecy in the making i.e serves an agenda ; Divide and Rule.

TPTB wants thousands of small Nations who have a Phobia of one sort or the other ; this is normalisation of the Trauvma that the West is collectively and exclusively , suffering.

By calling it a Phobia ; you make it sound like you need treatment therefore authority needs to look closely to your personal life .

I suppose there is at least the Dumasaphobia - The Fear of Stupid People - which we can both support.

edit on 20-6-2017 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I suppose there is at least the Dumasaphobia - The Fear of Stupid People - which we can both support.

Lol

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yes, I do denounce ALL who have a political point of view based on phobic tendencies, of every colour, religion and persuasion and you are wrong about antifa. Anti-fascism is not comparable to fascism, just because you say it is. The only reason you have a problem with it, is because Antifa activism opposes the sort of goose stepping, Nazi apologist, far right bastard who stabs people over their place of birth, religion, colour of skin, or because their politics is inclusive, compassionate and caring, rather than totalitarian, dystopian and heartless.

Complaining that Anti-Fascist activism is comparable to hiring White Supremacists to deal with radical Islam is utterly preposterous, and absolutely inaccurate.

Let me break it down for you. Fascist, far right lunatics will, AND HAVE, attacked people simply for being from other places on the world, or having parents from differing genetic and ethnic backgrounds. They attack people for being of differing faiths to them, and sometimes attack people who worship the exact same God, in the exact same tradition as them, just because they are have a different skin tone, and sing better hymns. All fascists either enact or support these endeavours, without exception, because if they did not, they would not be fascists. They also attack Muslims, any Muslims, allegedly in revenge over the actions of a statistically irrelevant few, within that community. There has never been a case where someone engaged with terrorism or any such thing, has been apprehended, or eliminated by a white supremacist, as part of his activities as a fascist.

However, Antifa do NOT attack people who are not about the business of empowering, enabling, or directly engaging in fascism, which means that the only people who need to worry about them, are people who, whether they know it or not, are actually fascists.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargamel

Nope.

Because his target was a general population of Muslims, who, as we know, regularly report the extremists within their ranks to the authorities, and therefore are not active in the hate politics being spun by the terrorist blip on the otherwise peaceful whole that the victims of this attack, actually represent. Therefore, he was not acting on anything like the statement I made above, or anything like it.

You see, every fascist IS a danger. That is not true of all Muslims. Every fascist supports violence against minorities, the collapse of liberty and freedom, the institutionalised ethnic cleansing of his or her country, by either deportation, or termination, depending on the level of their extremity. Every fascist believes in his or her nation or "races" superiority over others, has exceptionalist attitudes toward the behaviour of their own nation and its people, refusing to see anything negative about it, except when it comes to complaining at governments, already cold and dispassionate things, for being too emotional and compassionate toward other nations, peoples, and immigrants to their nation.

Every fascist IS a part of the problem, but not every Muslim is. Every fascist is part of the problem, but not every person of colour is. Every fascist is part of the problem, but not every left wing, hippy, civil rights activist and peace protest is. Some, a tiny and irrelevant minority are, but ALL fascists are part of the problem, so when Antifa go to war with the EDL or BNP, when they make themselves known and counter protest the far right, they do so from a position of having a legitimate grievance with EVERY person they turn up to oppose, all of them, without exception. Fascism is, from the least active of its adherents, to the most, a cancer on the arse of the species and nothing else, in a way that Islam is not, in a way that Christianity and Judaism are not, in a way that people of colour generally are not, in a way that no other ideology on the face of the world has ever been, is, or ever will be.

There is, therefore a MASSIVE difference, between fascists and anti-fascists, and that difference is that anti-fascists are correct in their assessments about what constitutes a threat to the species, and what does not. They have also accepted their responsibility as members of the species, to defend it from the regressive and genocidal attitudes of those who wish to erect another Reich. That is a noble undertaking, one which all people who are free as a result of the determination of their ancestors to ensure the Nazis died in their thousands for their hubris and hatred, ought to be responsible to undertake, on behalf of those who came before them to do the same.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

Is it not bleeding obvious that this was no accident?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join