It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father Of Otto Warmbier: Obama Admin Told Us To Keep Quiet, Trump Admin Brought Him Home

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The Obama administration would move mountains if it were a academic, basketball, football, or any celebrity whom were taken. Their only motivation was press coverage. But, since Otto was just only a plain folk American, strategic patience brought nada. Unlike the Obama administration, the Trump administration went to work to bring their son home and will get not one word of credit in main stream media.

FRED WARMBIER: When Otto was first taken, we were advised by the past administration to take a low profile while they worked to obtain his release. We did so without result. Earlier this year, Cindy and I decided the time for strategic patience was over.

We made a few media appearances and traveled to Washington to meet with [Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Korea and Japan] Ambassador Joe Yun at the State Department.

It is my understanding that Ambassador Yun and his team, at the direction of the president aggressively pursued resolution of the situation.

They have our thanks for bringing him home.
Source and Video

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Yes, the family spoke about this on either Hannity or Tucker Carlson many months ago.

Apparently, Dennis Rodman is the CIA operative that got him out.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

It's ok to both praise the trump admin for bringing this guy home and at the same time understand part of the reason it was done was for PR.

Obama should have done this.

How do we know that things the obama admin did, did not lead to his release?
What I mean is what were the events that lead to him coming back? Who really did the leg work and when did that work begin?
I'm not saying trump just happened to be in office when this became possible but I wonder if the same thing might have happened if hillary or bernie were in office.
edit on 18-6-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I'm not saying trump just happened to be in office when this became possible but I wonder if the same thing might have happened if hillary or bernie were in office.
Dunno. All we can be sure of is that Obama didn't do enough to get him back.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Obama was too busy negotiating the exchange of five murdering Muslim terrorists for the freedom of traitor Bergdahl.

Oh, and he also had to find time to host that little tea party in the Rose Garden for the mom and dad of that traitor Bergdahl who caused the deaths of American soldiers.

Isn't it amazing that there is this outrageous witch hunt going on for Trump but America-hating Obama can send aid, cash and arms to our enemies and corrupt, gluttonous sow Hillary can sell off America's uranium deposits to the Russians in exchange for cash funneled to her Clinton Crime Family Foundation

--BUT THESE CORRUPT, ANTI-AMERICA, GLUTTONOUS TRAITOR DEMOCRATS ARE NEVER INVESTIGATED, PROSECUTED OR HAVE THEIR TREASONOUS AZZES THROWN IN PRISON.

DEMOCRAT CRIMINALS - TOO BIG TO PROSECUTE!

Hey, Mueller, how's that witch hunt going????

(post by odzeandennz removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
it's a good thing you're only on ats, and not in any position to influence society... because you're mental.

Why? Because you say so? You could at least explain yourself?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   

By the sounds of it, the Trump administration, particularly Joseph Yun, worked hard to get this young man home so I'll gladly give them credit where it's due but you have no idea what the Obama administration did to bring him home after his Jan 2016 detention or if there was anything they could have done differently.

Nor can anyone say if anything would have turned out differently had the family not kept a relatively low profile.

The discussion we should be having now is how did actually end up in his present condition and what we're going to do about it. From what I read, there were no indications that he had been exposed to botulism as the North Koreans asserted. Also, it seems that the dates on brain scans indicate that he'd been comatose for something like 14 months and it wasn't until the Swedish diplomats visited the 4 American detainees in May that it was discovered that he was in this condition.

It's possible that the North Koreans held on to him in the hopes that he might recover and after they were no longer able to cover up the fact that he was in a coma, they decided the best course of action was to send him home.

The Obama administration would move mountains if it were a academic, basketball, football, or any celebrity whom were taken. Their only motivation was press coverage. But, since Otto was just only a plain folk American, strategic patience brought nada.

That's all just partisan yammering based on your emotions.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Oh? Now baseless accusations are a problem? See how that works?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

From what I read, there were no indications that he had been exposed to botulism as the North Koreans asserted.
If I had to guess I'd say the kid gave up hope and tried to hang himself and was not quite successful. Likely never know for sure what happened.

Pretty much, yep. Is what it is.
edit on 19-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: odzeandennz
it's a good thing you're only on ats, and not in any position to influence society... because you're mental.

I think It's just hard to articulate any kind of reason when you have no reason to articulate.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

By the sounds of it, the Trump administration, particularly Joseph Yun, worked hard to get this young man home so I'll gladly give them credit where it's due but you have no idea what the Obama administration did to bring him home after his Jan 2016 detention or if there was anything they could have done differently.

Nor can anyone say if anything would have turned out differently had the family not kept a relatively low profile.

The discussion we should be having now is how did actually end up in his present condition and what we're going to do about it. From what I read, there were no indications that he had been exposed to botulism as the North Koreans asserted. Also, it seems that the dates on brain scans indicate that he'd been comatose for something like 14 months and it wasn't until the Swedish diplomats visited the 4 American detainees in May that it was discovered that he was in this condition.

It's possible that the North Koreans held on to him in the hopes that he might recover and after they were no longer able to cover up the fact that he was in a coma, they decided the best course of action was to send him home.

The Obama administration would move mountains if it were a academic, basketball, football, or any celebrity whom were taken. Their only motivation was press coverage. But, since Otto was just only a plain folk American, strategic patience brought nada.

Well...the Obama administration had almost exactly a year to bring him home and didn't. And they had 8 years of experience to do it.

The Trump administration brought him home in half that and had 6 months of experience.

Truthfully, it's NoKo....either administration could have brought him home in a couple weeks. They were both playing politics.

Also truthfully, if the story about what the kid did in NoKo is true then he's an idiot not really worth the effort to bring home except to the family....them going public is likely the only reason it happened.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

it sounds like whatever happened happened soon after the trial...even if Obama got him back it is likely he would ave been in the state he is now....though I am sure his parents would have liked to have had him back a lot sooner and not had to go through this prolonged process.... we also don't know when the return process was started.

the travel agency the son booked the trip though is located in china their tag line "go to places your mom doesn't want you to go" they do tours for north korea Iran and several other places

I feel back for the parents and their son but who in their right mind goes N. korea for a vacation....they are on the list of places we are no to go to
edit on 19-6-2017 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
There are no winners.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Why?

Otto was a idiot.

You dont visit north Korea in the first place.

You certainly dont do something stupid like theft there.

Stupid people win stupid prizes and Otto won his prize.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Obama was too busy negotiating the exchange of five murdering Muslim terrorists for the freedom of traitor Bergdahl.

Don't you mean the five people who were never charged or convicted of anything other than being Muslim in the wrong place? Also holding a trial and convicting someone of a crime is kind of hard to do when they are held captive in another nation.

Oh, and he also had to find time to host that little tea party in the Rose Garden for the mom and dad of that traitor Bergdahl who caused the deaths of American soldiers.

Funny if Obama was so pro Bergdahl as you claim then why didn't he pardon him? Kind of overlooked that huh?

Isn't it amazing that there is this outrageous witch hunt going on for Trump but America-hating Obama can send aid, cash and arms to our enemies

And Trump sold the nation the brought us 9/11 billions upon billions of dollars worth of weapons. That sure puts Trump in the America lover column.

Hillary can sell off America's uranium deposits to the Russians in exchange for cash funneled to her Clinton Crime Family Foundation

And according to sonny boy Eric Trump they don't need America because Russia's state owned banking system gives them all the financing they need. So whine all you want about the Clinton's because Trump was blowing the Russians just like the Clinton's.
Golf writer: Eric Trump said father's golf courses were funded by Russians

Hey, Mueller, how's that witch hunt going????

Que Trumps theme song.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Irrespective of the political aspects. Some seem to win and some seem to lose with the slightest whim from the WH.

What I do see is better in communication from this WH than any in recent memory. From the treatment of the Chinese Premiere, to base supporters with appearances, 50 Muslim nation's leaders in the ME, Unions, Business leaders, first responders....

The cynical will call this nothing but PR, and that plays a part, I'm sure. Yet, IF there is to be significant change,communication with those affected by the decisions of the Gov't is required. This President seems more inclined to LISTEN than any I can recall.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

If I had to guess I'd say the kid gave up hope and tried to hang himself and was not quite successful. Likely never know for sure what happened.

He had no sign of injuries to his neck and head.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
It should be noted that Joseph Yun, appointed by Obama in 2016, is still incumbent...and was heavily involved with Otto's release.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Actually, considering there still are 3 American hostages still being held in North Korea, it appears Otto's release was due to the discovery of his condition.

Nothing more, nothing less.

His release came after Joseph Yun, the U.S. State Department's special envoy on North Korea, traveled to Pyongyang and demanded Warmbier's release on "humanitarian grounds," capping a flurry of secret diplomatic contacts, a U.S. official said

www.reuters.com...

Good on Trump, but the groundwork was laid long before his release.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join