It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van Slams Into Pedestrians Near London Mosque Leaving "Number Of Casualties", Driver Arrested

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
If this was a deliberate act, I fully and roundly condemn the perpetrator(s)and whatever supposed cause this action was carried out in support of. You do not represent me, ordinary British people, or any of the values we stand for.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: Kali74

Not being a wiseass here, could you provide the rest of his quote so I can see it in context? I'm sure I won't find it on Google.

Sadiq Khan has said he believes the threat of terror attacks are “part and parcel of living in a big city” and encouraged Londoners to be vigilant to combat dangers.

“That means being vigilant, having a police force that is in touch with communities, it means the security services being ready, but it also means exchanging ideas and best practice”, Mr Khan told the Evening Standard shortly before a meeting with New York mayor Bill de Blasio.

The Independent

I don't see what's wrong with what he said. Has this not been reality since 9/11?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
You live in an area most of your life, kinda boring at times, but you felt safe, good place to raise a family, invest in a house, etc,. A few years go by and your government is in the relocation business, at your expense, and demanding acceptance. Ok, cool, they move in and soon the crime rate goes up, women harassed and raped, bad zones, and the occasional bombing or mass attack with whatever. Your government has to save face, and somewhat protects these that the relocation government brought to your neighborhood. Each incident the government does not have your back, just a lot of peddling and dancing, but that's it....how many bombings, mass attacks, etc before someone snaps? Knowing your losing your hood, when does the next and next feel they are obligated to stand up and stay your ground and march forward. You can decorate the crap cake with what you like, but it is still a cake of #hit..........

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
A stabbing now being reported?!

By a guy that jumped out the back.

edit on 6 18 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

Sky news saying man leapt from van armed with a knife.
At least one person stabbed.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Even that doesn't have his actual quote in context. I hate the media. They can't just quote him directly. They have to quote half a sentence then write the other half themselves?
edit on 18 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If this is indeed a bunch of white guys going full retard with revenge terrorism, way to become the very animal you despise assholes. This does nothing but just be tit-for-tat killing

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Great... just what we need. Two ISISes. One for radical Muslims and the other for radical Islamophobes.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
If this is indeed a bunch of white guys going full retard with revenge terrorism, way to become the very animal you despise assholes. This does nothing but just be tit-for-tat killing

Interestingly, Game Theory has proven "tit for tat" to be a very effective strategy.
edit on 18-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: teslahowitzer

There is no justification. Are the Islamic extremists justified because western bombs shell their cities?

NO.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EchoesInTime
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Twitter is saying it was a white man. He's arrested.

Islam is a religion anyone can convert. Saying he is white doesn't mean he was of a particular religious belief just like the false belief that Muslims are only Arabic

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Interestingly, Game Theory has proven "tit for tat" to be a very effective strategy.

Effective for who?

I don't want to be only either of these hate filled teams, so I don't care which one of them perceives themselves as winning.

And this is coming from someone who has spoken very adamantly about the dangers of Islamic extremists.

I don't care what the rational, I will be as much of an outspoken critic of this sort of violence as much as I am any other.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Tit-for-tat would only work if the revenge party was actually attacking ISIS members. Instead, you have ISIS attacking innocent random people they don't care about... then you have tit-for-tat folks attacking innocent Muslims that ISIS still doesn't care about. Those victims weren't ISIS members any more than ISIS victims are KKK or Nazis.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Don't think there's any winners in this game.

Had enough news for one day.

Going to find something from Mr Marrs to watch before crashing.

There will be a clearer picture in tomorrows news...oh god they're talking about three people getting out of the van now.

Getting silly out there.
edit on 18-6-2017 by Tulpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
This Sky reporter is #in brave.

Edit: Not a very good reporter though. He could be asking for a description of the 2 that got away.
edit on 18 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Effective for who?

I don't want to be only either of these hate filled teams, so I don't care which one of them perceives themselves as winning.

And this is coming from someone who has spoken very adamantly about the dangers of Islamic extremists.

I don't care what the rational, I will be as much of an outspoken critic of this sort of violence as much as I am any other.

Quoted for truth. Took the words right out of my mouth.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Only in a surgical manner during war is that remotely applicable. Civilians of any variety don't deserve to be targets because someone else wants to wave their dong around & proclaim superiority.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Interview with witness on sky. A lot of people screaming "This isn't an incident, this is terrorism. White terrorism! He wasn' ill this is terrorism!"

And they are yelling at the reporter and the reporter is asking them to let them finish the interview.

It just feels like a powder keg.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That's why I said he was brave. You can tell that crowd is very angry, not that I blame them. He let them tell it from their viewpoint. Not sure what else they wanted from him.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

ISIS = ISLAM

Many mainstream Muslim organizations have gone so far as to say the Islamic State is, in fact, un-Islamic. It is, of course, reassuring to know that the vast majority of Muslims have zero interest in replacing Hollywood movies with public executions as evening entertainment. But Muslims who call the Islamic State un-Islamic are typically, as the Princeton scholar Bernard Haykel, the leading expert on the group’s theology, told me, “embarrassed and politically correct, with a cotton-candy view of their own religion” that neglects “what their religion has historically and legally required.” Many denials of the Islamic State’s religious nature, he said, are rooted in an “interfaith-Christian-nonsense tradition.”

www.theatlantic.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join