It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Van Slams Into Pedestrians Near London Mosque Leaving "Number Of Casualties", Driver Arrested

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Verse

There is no recorded evidence he shouted anything.

The original witness named Mohammed, interviewed right after the attack on Sky news, stated the driver said nothing.

(post by Power_Semi removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Are there any reports regarding the van's speed at the time of impact?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
The suspect is 48 y o Darren Osborne, father of four, living in Wales.
Source

Thanks!

I will be curious as to what turns up about this guy.

Searching for some online profile now

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Verse

There is no recorded evidence he shouted anything.

The original witness named Mohammed, interviewed right after the attack on Sky news, stated the driver said nothing.

The witness interviewed on video here said the suspect said exactly "I want to kill Muslims." Link

Recorded evidence of the suspect saying it, not that I'm aware.

And, from the OP source:

Witnesses cited by the WSJ said the driver appeared to deliberately steer a white van into the crowd after Ramadan prayers in the Finsbury Park neighborhood not long after midnight. The man jumped out of the van and bystanders grabbed him and held him down as he shouted anti-Muslim obscenities, they said.

Not as he was driving, but as he was being restrained, according to that source.

edit on 19-6-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
An attack happens and it is not what the anti Muslims thought it was, so they attack the victims.

Good Job

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Fact: A suspect has been arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorism including murder and attempted murder. NO charges have as yet been brought.

However the BBC, as well as other entities, appear to have gone into overdrive when it comes to fake news. I refer specifically to the reference this WAS a terrorists incident, despite as mentioned no charges being brought at this time.

This to me, this seems to suggest a blatant manipulation of the media in order to both subvert the rule of law and manipulate public opinion. In the following BBC article linked below I can find 35 references to "terrorism", yet not one single mention of "alleged".

Furthermore, the BBC has now chosen to name the person being questioned, as well as the area from which they purportedly emanate.

Can someone please tell me what apparent right the BBC has to be judge, jury and executioner in this manner?

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 19-6-2017 by Ross Cross because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Not that Ive seen, a vehicle of that size and age will be fitted with a digital tachograph for recording the drivers hours behind the wheel and rest periods, they record the speed so there will be evidence its just a question of if it gets released

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
double post

edit on 19-6-2017 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: thetruth2017

I agree with you right there. I'm tired of reading apologies on here and on the world wide web. He was this that, ill and drunk...I mean what the bleep. This is just as much of a terrorist as any other...but people will find a thousand reasons to apologize for his actions. Like , c'mon...first bit of news released are his name and get this, he has FOUR KIDS....next time the anti muslims speak up they´ll be on that "wont somebody think of the children!?!?" vibe.

edit on VAmerica/ChicagoMon, 19 Jun 2017 11:51:30 -050030America/Chicago by Verse because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: stosh64
I cant find him on facebook.

link   
a reply to: Ross Cross

the BBC, as well as other entities, appear to have gone into overdrive when it comes to fake news. I refer specifically to the reference this WAS a terrorists incident, despite as mentioned no charges being brought at this time.

The 47-year-old suspect has been charged with the commission, preparation or instigation of terrorism and attempted murder.

Link

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dam00
a reply to: IAMTAT
Not that Ive seen, a vehicle of that size and age will be fitted with a digital tachograph for recording the drivers hours behind the wheel and rest periods, they record the speed so there will be evidence its just a question of if it gets released

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

That little clip is heavily edited.

I would like to see the whole thing or at least find out who this guy is and where he was at the exact time of the incident.

Here is a link to a written report of an interview that aired early on Sky.

I hope the unedited video of this interview is still available somewhere.

22:22
Delivery driver says he believes it was a 'terrorist' attack
news.sky.com...

Delivery driver says he believes it was a 'terrorist' attack

Delivery driver Mohammed Abdullah, who was on a bike about three cars behind the incident, tells Sky News he saw the van take a sudden left turn.

"I think he done it on purpose. I was on a ped. He was about three cars in front of me. He came in a bus lane and took a sharp left.

"He went on top of the people. He actually ran them over. It was a white van.

"There was three of them. Two of them ran away. The other was held at the scene until the police came. Some people wanted to beat him up.

"I've seen about six or seven people on the floor. Most of them was male. It was exactly the same time as the prayers finished. As soon as it finished, this guy came. I think (the road he took) is a blocked road - It's not even a through road.

"The other two got away. They must be somewhere around Finsbury Park. They ran away somewhere."

He said the man arrested did not say anything.

"He had a tattoo on his back. He was not ill. He was not drunk. He got arrested by five or six police officers. They took him away. They never dropped him or nothing." He said in his opinion it was a terrorist attack.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Yet the BBC, which the Hill cites as their sources, is not reporting that the suspect has been charged with anything yet.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dam00
a reply to: stosh64
I cant find him on facebook.

Me either, I am sure if anything exists it will be dug up by better sleuths than me.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Yet the BBC, which the Hill cites as their sources, is not reporting that the suspect has been charged with anything yet.

www.bbc.com...

The Hill references an ABC News tweet, which includes a copy of another article/statement saying he has been also charged with terrorism related offenses per Police.

Article

Tweet

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The lying is really getting thick now.

The Imam verified that the driver said nothing to him.

08:24
Imam says the attacker did not speak to him - but another community leader intervenes to say the attacker did speak, before the imam arrived and said 'I did my bit' and 'you deserve it'.

But another "community leader" tries to spin it by claiming the Imam was not there at the time.

One small problem though.

The Imam claims he saw the old man regain consciousness before the van hit so the Imam was obviously there the whole time.

news.sky.com...

08:26
Imam says the deceased person collapsed, was being tended to, regained consciousness, and then the van drove into people. Does not confirm whether the van hit the deceased man - says a post-mortem will have to establish how he died.

edit on 19-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
My advice to all Muslims after this attack; Stay calm. Accept it. Learn to live with it. This is part and parcel of life in a major city.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
As noted in one of the linked articles here, a witness told Sky News last night that there were 2 other men in the van who ran away and weren't followed by anyone. Has law enforcement said anything about these men? Last I saw police are still working to determine if the driver acted alone.

There were also witnesses saying the driver had a knife. Has that been corroborated by law enforcement?

As we learned in the Ferguson, MO incident, eyewitnesses aren't always that reliable.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join