It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump admin shot down an SAA jet near Raqqa

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: REalBEL
Raqqa is in the eurphrates. It is basically saying if you extend your zone one bit more you will be targeted.

And Syria war is a proxy war between Russia and USA. How can you say it would occur with a one super power.

But whatever dude. You live your life I'll live mine.

a reply to: face23785

The war in Syria did not start because Russia and the US sent forces in there to start a proxy war. The war in Syria started as a civil war and has now become a larger conflict. Get informed on the subject, then post. The point is having one government doesn't end war. There are plenty of nations that have fractured into civil wars because of internal conflicts. This would not just magically stop if there was "one world government". Your fantasies have no basis in reality.

originally posted by: texasyeti
Trump didnt shoot down the plane an airforce pilot did. The Trump administration didnt do it either. Its called war.

Actually it was a Navy pilot

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
SDF forces attacked ISIS forces that were in Raqqa, and were repulsed. As they were retreating, they came under attack by five Su-22s, possibly by mistake. The first Su-22 attacked and missed the SDF column. As the second aircraft rolled in, the F-18s that had arrived in the area were ordered to stop the attack, and one of them fired at the attacking aircraft. An AIM-9X was fired from roughly 0.6 miles and missed. An AIM-120D was fired after that, and impacted the Su-22, which then hit the ground.

theaviationgeekclub.com...
edit on 6/20/2017 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hey zaph why do you think the aim9 missed but the 120 scored.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
so were the initial reports that the pilot was killed?? Because as of today the pilot is allegedly alive and well in the custody of the SDF.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

They initially said he was dead, now they're saying that they never said that and he survived and was captured. Yet another example of the confusion that has been going on over this.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

The -120 used the radar from the Hornet to help guide it. The -9 used its own seeker and didn't have that extra help with the guidance.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

The american pilots usually look for chutes immediatly after wards to confirm if the pilot ejected safely. Wed know right away if the enemy pilot didnt make it.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
An F-15E got the types third air to air victory today when one shot down a Shaheeb-129 near At Tanf. The UAV was armed, and was approaching coalition forces at the time.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Air Power!

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

As a kid the f15e was my favorite. The muscle she brought to the fight was awesome. Loved the extra fuel cells along the inlet cowlings that made her look so brawny

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yeah it is a really cool plane. Between all the extra tanks it can take a # load of fuel. When I was stationed at RAF Lakenheath and we did hot refuels we always prayed a C or D model would come through our lane, because the Es practically took your whole fuel truck if they were in a fully bagged configuration.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I remember not just the f15 e but the c fondly from childhood airshows at edwards. Theyd turn her to the crowd during demos and youd feel the tremendous heat from her afterburners like a wave washing over you. So awesome.

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Apparently they're still talking over the deconfliction lines.

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

That doesn't surprise me at all. Russia doesn't want a war with us any more than we want one with them. It's in both our mutual interests to try to make sure no direct conflicts happen between our forces.

A lot of over the top doomsday predictions, as usual, with very little really to worry about, in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hey I just caught this image on twitter. If this is the jet that got hit, than it was taken from a video is what it looks like. Any chance the rest of that video could make it out?? Or is this some hoax??

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Hey I just caught this image on twitter. If this is the jet that got hit, than it was taken from a video is what it looks like. Any chance the rest of that video could make it out?? Or is this some hoax??

Yes it is faje it was hit by a rocket meaning it wouldn't look so intact as parts would be flying in all directions.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
well its a screen grab, it could just be a single frame no?? It wont disintegrate from one AIM in an instant , and the speeds they are traveling they would have left said pieces out of the shot miles ago in mere seconds. OR, it could have something to do with the parachute deployment?? The tweet says this:

New details on #Syria jet shot down: US F-18 fired 2 missiles: 1st missed, 2nd blew rear Su-22 off; chute spotted

Basically what Zap stated, but it says the chute was spotted.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: allsee4eye

Let's hope Syria takes a valuable lesson from this .. Obama is gone. Trump is actually serious about fighting ISIS.

Don't forget Syria. He's also serious about going to war with Syria, apparently. It's a two-fer.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I can't figure out why the US is not being widely condemned for those type of actions. They have illegally entered a sovereign country and attacked government forces. Russia and Assad should kick them out or take them out.

posted on Jun, 21 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just for the idly curious, it was a VFA-87 F-18E, BuNo 168914, with the number 304 on the nose and tail. It's based at NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join