It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump admin shot down an SAA jet near Raqqa

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I agree. Syria attacks the US led forces, pretends the Kurds are ISIS, and the whole time they thought the kid gloves were on like when Obama was in office, joke's on them.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Yawn. Why is Syria protecting ISIS?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'll point this out now to the inevitable baseless allegations that the Trump admin is lying about what the Syrian jet was doing. FYI, Trump isn't on the ground there, Trump's people aren't on the ground there, they're not in the plane, they're not on the ship the plane came from, nor are they anywhere up the dozens of people in the chain of command and the Pentagon that would know what happened out there. So when you accuse the admin of lying you're accusing a ton of military officers of lying, who simply wouldn't do that just to make the admin look good. No they don't "just follow orders" if the orders are unlawful.
edit on 18 6 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yawn. Why is Syria protecting ISIS?

How do you know it's not the other way around? There's actually more proof (in the form of logic/reason) to believe that it's the US coalition taking action against the Syrian regime in order to assist with a push to take down the Assad regime - NOT to take down ISIS.

So again, what proof do you have that I don't? Or is it just a decision to trust blindly in your Government?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Just read Iran just launched a couple ballistics at ISIS areas in Syria earlier also

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Trump please just leave the Middle East.Pack our bags and go.I can dream,can't I?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

We can't leave now. We just started the "winning hearts and minds" phase elsewhere in Syria:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I'll point this out now to the inevitable baseless allegations that the Trump admin is lying about what the Syrian jet was doing. FYI, Trump isn't on the ground there, Trump's people aren't on the ground there, they're not in the plane, they're not on the ship the plane came from, nor are they anywhere up the dozens of people in the chain of command and the Pentagon that would know what happened out there. So when you accuse the admin of lying you're accusing a ton of military officers of lying, who simply wouldn't do that just to make the admin look good. No they don't "just follow orders" if the orders are unlawful.

And we all know hillary clinton was not in benghazi when that went down but it doesn't matter. The government is calling the shots and trump is running the government.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruptedstructure
Just read Iran just launched a couple ballistics at ISIS areas in Syria earlier also

Linky?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

And we all know hillary clinton was not in benghazi when that went down but it doesn't matter. The government is calling the shots and trump is running the government.

I didn't say Trump isn't responsible for the jet being shot down. Trump is commander in chief, he approves the rules of engagement. If the jet was shot down in accordance with the rules of engagement, it's on Trump. That doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do. If what the Pentagon is saying happened happened, and make no mistake you'd have to be accusing dozens if not hundreds of military officers of having cooked up this story if you don't believe it, then it was well within our rights to shoot it down.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The Kurds are one of the few decent factions in the Middle East. If the story is true, then good for the US protecting the Kurds.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They had no reason to. If they did, maybe a mistake. No one is perfect. Why shoot it down without warning? A single plane doesn't have a lot of firepower on a single sortie. SDF didn't have any casualties. I really hate these trigger happy people who think shooting down is the only solution to everything. That Turkish pilot shooting down a Russia plane and now an American plane shooting down a Syrian plane.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I didn't say Trump isn't responsible for the jet being shot down. Trump is commander in chief, he approves the rules of engagement. If the jet was shot down in accordance with the rules of engagement, it's on Trump. That doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do. If what the Pentagon is saying happened happened, and make no mistake you'd have to be accusing dozens if not hundreds of military officers of having cooked up this story if you don't believe it, then it was well within our rights to shoot it down.

My mistake. It appears we agree on this .

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sagacity
a reply to: scraedtosleep

here's one for ya

If there isn't a thread about this you should make one.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2017 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No prob

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

They were warned earlier today. There was an initial incident and a coalition plane flew near them to push them away. This was likely accompanied by radio contact. They retreated. Then we contacted our Russian liaison about the incident, and you can be sure Syria was made aware of whatever was said in that call very quickly. Then this Syrian jet approached coalition forces again several hours later and that's when they were shot down. There are reports of injuries amongst the coalition forces from bombs dropped by the Syrian plane. This was done completely within the rules of engagement and the Law of Armed Conflict.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

They had no reason to. If they did, maybe a mistake. No one is perfect. Why shoot it down without warning? A single plane doesn't have a lot of firepower on a single sortie. SDF didn't have any casualties. I really hate these trigger happy people who think shooting down is the only solution to everything. That Turkish pilot shooting down a Russia plane and now an American plane shooting down a Syrian plane.

I'm sure this was a mistake by them, just like this was a few days ago:

"The Coalition destroyed additional pro-Syrian regime forces that advanced inside the well-established de-confliction zone in southern Syria, June 6

Despite previous warnings, pro-regime forces entered the agreed-upon de-confliction zone with a tank, artillery, anti-aircraft weapons, armed technical vehicles and more than 60 soldiers posing a threat to Coalition and partner forces based at the At Tanf Garrison

The Coalition issued several warnings via the de-confliction line prior to destroying two artillery pieces, an anti-aircraft weapon, and damaging a tank.

On May 18, the Coalition conducted a strike against pro-Syrian regime forces that had advanced a significant distance into the de-confliction zone threatening the Coalition forces at At Tanf.

Coalition forces have been operating in the At Tanf area for many months, training and advising vetted Syrian partner forces engaged in the fight against ISIS."

Link

There are more examples, but point made. It wasn't a mistake on their part. They decided to use aircraft to strike the SDF, and got spanked.

edit: apologies, the ATS source quote is acting up for me apparently.
edit on 18-6-2017 by Sagacity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

Thanks for posting that. They put out these excuses hoping to fool enough gullible people to make it politically risky for our governments to keep them in line. Glad we're not buying it anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join