It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nunes states no collusion between Trump and Putin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: allsee4eye

There is no evidence of collusion between Trump and Putin. They never met. They never communicated, not by text or phone or paper or video.

Flat out lie. Trump himself has admitted several times that he knew Putin. You know how Donnie loves to name drop.
Trump Admits To ‘Relationship’ With Putin In Resurfaced Video

Trump on the other hand is hostile to Russia

Sure he is that's why when he meets with their people he bans our news media while giving classified information on our allies to them.

Not sure why you are really that surprised with the news from Nunes.
Trump is not even under investigation for collusion.
I know it must be hard for you as you have been so invested in it, but the longer you refuse to face reality the worse it will be for you.
edit on 18/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

It is a terrible fake news site. But even terrible sites publish some things that are true.

House Intelligence chairman: 'No evidence of collusion' between Trump camp, Russia
thehill.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Even if Trump somehow gets away with it. I still won't agree with any of his policies and neither will over half of the country.

Also if Trump isn't working for Putin then why was his administration so concerned with lifting the Crimean sanctions
the moment they got into office

In fact I believe tillerson should have been the main focus of the investigations from the beginning. As he has the closest ties to Russia by far and they just used Trumps popularity to get into office.

edit on 18-6-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2017 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

Even if Trump somehow gets away with it. I still won't agree with any of his policies and neither will over half of the country.

Also if Trump isn't working for Putin then why was his administration so concerned with lifting the Crimean sanctions
the moment they got into office

In fact I believe tillerson should have been the main focus of the investigations from the beginning. As he has the closest ties to Russia by far and they just used Trumps popularity to get into office.

Get away with what? He is not even being investigation for collusion with Russians.
Good lord, give it up man.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

This whole Vlad-Trump conspired BS reminds me of the Star Trek episode where the Enterprise goes into a feedback-loop - constantly playing out the same scenario until eventually enough folks cotton-on to the BS that is occurring all around them. The question is: Who is Data and when is he going to get us out of this mess?

I wonder if anyone has ever researched how long Russia has been attacking the US governments intelligence and political infrastructure for? Because I get the impression folks think that Vladimir Putin has just started this the day Trump announced his run? and that Trump has somehow done something so terrible that not even Satan himself would be that evil.

At this stage of the dead-horse-beating, I now require Vladimir Putin, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump to all be injected with truth serum and questioned in a live-stream format. Sorry.

Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

This isn't an unnamed source who is quoted as saying something and then a spun headline.

This is actual quotes from the chair of the House Committee - a man who has access to classified materials.

Actually, it's a quote from a member of Donald Trump's transition team who colluded with the Trump administration in an effort to kill his own committee's investigation.

If Trump colluded with the Russians or had knowledge of collusion by members of his campaign staff, that would be a serious problem. However, the investigation was never an investigation into collusion by the Trump team — let alone Trump himself — it was an investigation into Russian meddling in the election and the possibility of collusion was only ever one aspect of that investigation. Furthermore, nobody has ever claimed that there was evidence of Donald Trump colluding with the Russians himself let alone Putin personally.

Nunes, lapdog, should have recused himself from day one. Instead, he did everything in his power to obstruct his own committee's investigation. He's not fit to lead the committee and nobody but Trump supporters care about his continued efforts at running interference.
edit on 2017-6-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
There is no evidence of collusion between Trump and Putin. They never met. They never communicated, not by text or phone or paper or video. They don't like each other. Never did. Never will. In the 2016 election, Putin backed Bernie Sanders on the Democrat side and Rand Paul on the Republican side. They are they only 2 senators out of 100 that voted against sanctions on Russia and Iran. Trump on the other hand is hostile to Russia and Iran.

www.politico.com...

Nunes is behind the times.
In May, Trump and Putin had a friendly conversation about Syria

Videoconferenced in January and had lots of nice things to say about each other

On the campaign trail Trump made his admiration for Putin well known

Trump has been expanding his trademarks and brand in Russia since 1997

...etc.

Nunes needs to get up to date on the news.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

This whole Vlad-Trump conspired BS

What whole "Vlad-Trump conspired BS" are you referring to? As we all know, Trump was never a focus of the investigation. So how was this ever really a "Vlad-Trump conspired" thing in the first place?

It wasn't. Implying that was the purpose of the investigation is a not too subtle red herring which, as I just pointed out, is easily debunked by the fact that he wasn't even under investigation.

Because I get the impression folks think that Vladimir Putin has just started this the day Trump announced his run?

I'm sure there are some people who are laboring under that delusion but I think the bulk of reasonable people realize that what's different here is the nature of the interference. Social media was in its infancy in 2008 and didn't exist before that. We're seeing the application a whole new class of asymmetric warfare tactics and active measures that didn't exist previously.

Despite Donald Trump's fragile ego, we're going to have to counter it going forward. The fact that he is more concerned with the potential of looking somehow less legitimate than he is with the integrity of our election process is disgusting to me. His weakness will become our weakness.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think we should evaluate this and see who was blowing this whole thing out of proportion and punish them for messing with our government doing their job. Whomever is riling up our countries citizens over nothing real is committing treason.

If there is a true issue, I believe we have the right to protest and challenge the system, but most of what MSM is saying is just garbage. It is a twisted up interpretation of evidence that is far from the truth when it is spun into deception.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: allsee4eye
There is no evidence of collusion between Trump and Putin. They never met. They never communicated, not by text or phone or paper or video. They don't like each other. Never did. Never will. In the 2016 election, Putin backed Bernie Sanders on the Democrat side and Rand Paul on the Republican side. They are they only 2 senators out of 100 that voted against sanctions on Russia and Iran. Trump on the other hand is hostile to Russia and Iran.

www.politico.com...

Nunes is behind the times.
In May, Trump and Putin had a friendly conversation about Syria

Videoconferenced in January and had lots of nice things to say about each other

On the campaign trail Trump made his admiration for Putin well known

Trump has been expanding his trademarks and brand in Russia since 1997

...etc.

Nunes needs to get up to date on the news.

The first two confirm that Trump communicated with Putin after the election.
The third confirms that Trump publicly confessed admiration for Putin. Admiration is now proof of collusion, I guess.
Oops, forgot # 4.
Undeniable proof that Trump was a businessman in a global marketplace.

edit on b000000302017-06-18T16:06:43-05:0004America/ChicagoSun, 18 Jun 2017 16:06:43 -0500400000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Trump said he has never met Putin.
Putin said he has never met Trump.
US government anti-Trump politicians and intelligence officials CONFIRM no collision between Trump and Vlad.
CNN said Putin and Trump conspired.

Therefore CNN for the win, no need to fact check.........

^^This is how some folks' brains function (read about Stefan Molyneaux's r/K selection gene-wars theory), posts such as that one you've commented on, and the mindset of the folks who pen such words, become evident and start to make sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This whole Vlad-Trump conspired BS

What whole "Vlad-Trump conspired BS" are you referring to? As we all know, Trump was never a focus of the investigation. So how was this ever really a "Vlad-Trump conspired" thing in the first place?

It wasn't. Implying that was the purpose of the investigation is a not too subtle red herring which, as I just pointed out, is easily debunked by the fact that he wasn't even under investigation.

Because I get the impression folks think that Vladimir Putin has just started this the day Trump announced his run?

I'm sure there are some people who are laboring under that delusion but I think the bulk of reasonable people realize that what's different here is the nature of the interference. Social media was in its infancy in 2008 and didn't exist before that. We're seeing the application a whole new class of asymmetric warfare tactics and active measures that didn't exist previously.

Despite Donald Trump's fragile ego, we're going to have to counter it going forward. The fact that he is more concerned with the potential of looking somehow less legitimate than he is with the integrity of our election process is disgusting to me. His weakness will become our weakness.

Are you saying that no media outlet or politician or media commentator has EVER laid the claim that TRUMP DIRECTLY conspired with Vladimir Putin in the last 18 months?

You better look that sh!t up - pronto.

Paint the narrative as you please - the actual narrative is: "Donald Trump conspired directly with Vladimir Putin to steal the election from Hillary"

Your goal-post shifting won't wash with me - sorry.

Now, once you determine who the "authority" is on what 'constitutes' the narrative, let me know.

Pffft.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Are you saying that no media outlet or politician or media commentator has EVER laid the claim that TRUMP DIRECTLY conspired with Vladimir Putin in the last 18 months?

No. I didn't say that. Why would I? That's a group of tens of thousands of individuals and outlets. I'm sure that a number of people from within that group have at least implied as much. The clear implication is that those claims are prevelant from mainstream sources.

Which mainstream news source has ever claimed that Trump directly colluded with Vladimir Putin? Can you cite a few examples? How about politicians claiming direct collusion between Trump and Putin? Hell, how about Trump personally and the Russian government?

Paint the narrative as you please - the actual narrative is: "Donald Trump conspired directly with Vladimir Putin to steal the election from Hillary"

Your goal-post shifting won't wash with me - sorry.

No, you're the one who is buying into a false narrative that the mainstream of media and politics is claiming that Donald Trump directly conspired with Putin, a narrative that is in fact, goal-post shifting to dismiss the need for the investigation. Let's not forget that he earliest of these narratives was "there was no hacking." Then it was "there's no evidence of Russian involvement in the hacking."

Now it's morphed into this. I would also point out that a similar deflection narrative is that people widely claimed that Russians somehow changed votes — which is of course also not true.

Now, once you determine who the "authority" is on what 'constitutes' the narrative, let me know. Pffft.

Pffffffffft indeed!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What's the reasoning for wanting to lift the sanctions then?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This isn't an unnamed source who is quoted as saying something and then a spun headline.

This is actual quotes from the chair of the House Committee - a man who has access to classified materials.

Actually, it's a quote from a member of Donald Trump's transition team who colluded with the Trump administration in an effort to kill his own committee's investigation.

If Trump colluded with the Russians or had knowledge of collusion by members of his campaign staff, that would be a serious problem. However, the investigation was never an investigation into collusion by the Trump team — let alone Trump himself — it was an investigation into Russian meddling in the election and the possibility of collusion was only ever one aspect of that investigation. Furthermore, nobody has ever claimed that there was evidence of Donald Trump colluding with the Russians himself let alone Putin personally.

Nunes, lapdog, should have recused himself from day one. Instead, he did everything in his power to obstruct his own committee's investigation. He's not fit to lead the committee and nobody but Trump supporters care about his continued efforts at running interference.

Nunes has been far less partisan than Adam Stiff.
It was Stiff who lied by implying he had seen evidence of collusion in an interview before having to walk it back. Far worse than anything Nunes did.
Nunes is telling us what we already know - there is no evidence of any collusion to affect the election. Neither Trump or anyone else that worked on his campaign.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver

What's the reasoning for wanting to lift the sanctions then?

You've jumped from a discussion about lifting sanctions to collusion to influence the election?
Blimey - you should get a job with Mueller...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

Trump never said lifting sanctions unless Russia gives Crimea back to Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

A reason or motive I should say for them to collude with one another and do everything in their power to steer the election would be to lift the sanctions. 500 billion reasons to be specific.

Which is why Tillerson needs to be investigated asap. Especially since thousands of his Exxon emails mysteriously disappeared when it came time for him to become our secretary of state. Hmmm seems to be a common theme. Haha
Seriously though Are you being difficult on purpose?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Ha ha. You believe THAT ?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Edit...
edit on 6192017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join