It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea accuses U.S. authorities of 'mugging' its diplomats at NY airport

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
North Korea has today accused the US of being a "lawless gangster state" as it claim's their diplomats returning from the U.N on Friday were "literally mugged" by 20 Homeland Security and police officers and had documents seized , the US government have not commented on the accusation.

"Diplomats of a sovereign state are being robbed of a diplomatic package in the middle of New York where the headquarters of the United Nations is located and that serves as the venue for international meetings including the United Nations General Assembly," the spokesman said.

"This clearly shows that the U.S. is a felonious and lawless gangster state," the spokesman said in comments carried by the North's official KCNA news agency.
"The international community needs to seriously reconsider whether or not New York, where such an outrageous mugging is rampant, is fit to serve as the venue for international meetings," KCNA said.
www.reuters.com...

At least they weren't sent back in a coma though Eh.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Most rational people would say they were mugged after dealing with the tsa.

We're just used to grabbing our ankles here

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
here's an idea...
how about north korea opens up their country and brings it into the 21st century? who knows, maybe someday, they could be the center for the un and have to put up with turkish diplomats assaulting their citizens???

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's Rich!

What they did to that poor guy in the coma; and they are complaining. Sick of NK

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I think I've caught myself calling America a lawless gangster state after going through the TSA as well.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
LOL!

Fret not Fat Man the Little Boy Kim, they mug US too!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Not surprised, im ok with tight security at airports. At least it's been holding the religion of peace at bay!a reply to: underwerks

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Not surprised, im ok with tight security at airports. At least it's been holding the religion of peace at bay!a reply to: underwerks

you must have a 'religion of peace' key on your keyboard. you seem to troll a lot of threads and sort of remove context to insert those 3 words...
go get some fresh air.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The article doesn't really state much detail unfortunately. Half of it is NK's whining statement. I haven't seen this reported elsewhere. Good find.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Just fact based comment, not the Dakota Indians killing these people. I'll go outside, to watch you take your head out of the sand, deal??a reply to: odzeandennz

edit on 6 182418 1717 by WUNK22 because: Clean up

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Sucks to be them, don't it.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
they prolly had reason to suspect they were spying and wanted to check the documents out. If they step off UN grounds they are fair game.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

That's Rich!

What they did to that poor guy in the coma; and they are complaining. Sick of NK

Oh yes they ritualistically beat their prisoners to the edge of death especially political ones. The DIPlomats should had went along quietly to the airport security station,but they wanted to play hardball and were manhandled.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Do you not offer Diplomatic Immunity in the states ?
Over here the law can't touch a foreign diplomat or confiscate anything from them , they're effectively above the law.

Always seemed like a good job to me.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Are they officially recognized Diplomats or were they N. Koreans carrying a pouch labeled as a diplomatic pouch? Something is not sounding right.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yes, I'd like to learn some more details honestly. Although I'm not losing any sleep if they were inconvenienced. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think the TSA should give a beat down to every diplomat in the United Nations, it might work better after they get their clocks cleaned a few times.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't find them very effective either lol.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: yuppa

Do you not offer Diplomatic Immunity in the states ?
Over here the law can't touch a foreign diplomat or confiscate anything from them , they're effectively above the law.

Always seemed like a good job to me.

Diplomatic immunity depends on your co operation with authorities if they ask it of you. they tried to do it nicely and they would likely had returned all items to them without taking pictures or copying anything if they would had co operated,but they resisted and as such got what was coming.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
So lil kimmie will get free pizza on next order since his delivery was late .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join