It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Attorney: The President Is Not Under Investigation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just noticed the "style" your OP is written in. It'd make it more believable if you didn't type out the bullet points exactly how they are in the emails you get.

Just a heads up.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I almost read your name as underwear lol

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Let's think this one through.

Why are statements "[run] through and edited by the machinery of [...] PR firms" bad in the first place? You reference "transparency" and "opacity" so I'll assume you're implying that the result of this PR filtering would be statements that's are intended to obscure or conceal some fact or detail.

Fair enough but if you're essentially lamenting a lack of accurate information, then can you please explain how extemporaneous bulls# is an improvement?

What I see is a flimsy excuse of being "plain-spoken" to cover up copious amounts of innacurate information and outright deceit. When a person is truly plain-spoken, they are more honest, not less.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It was obvious sarcasm from the get go because the premise defies elementary logic.

Ha haha!

Trump is clearly mocking the media reporting that he is the focus of Mueller's investigation.

Trump is pointing out how absurd it is for the media to report such nonsense because if it were true that Trump was being investigated for firing Comey, Rosenstein would have had to recuse himself already since he is the one who advised Trump to fire Comey.

It is a media witch hunt, a complete farce and I can't believe so people still buy into it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Let's think this one through.

Why are statements "[run] through and edited by the machinery of [...] PR firms" bad in the first place? You reference "transparency" and "opacity" so I'll assume you're implying that the result of this PR filtering would be statements that's are intended to obscure or conceal some fact or detail.

Fair enough but if you're essentially lamenting a lack of accurate information, then can you please explain how extemporaneous bulls# is an improvement?

What I see is a flimsy excuse of being "plain-spoken" to cover up copious amounts of innacurate information and outright deceit. When a person is truly plain-spoken, they are more honest, not less.

Deciet? It's a fallacy common to Trump critics to believe that when they've discovered the lowest possible motives in an opponent, that they've found the right ones.

I think knowing what the most powerful man in the world thinks, whether right or wrong, is a boon. It's transparent. Humans make mistakes, misspeak, lie, brag, poke fun, and engage in all sorts of language. There is nothing out of the ordinary in that sense. In other words, big deal.

The typical public relations, euphemism, and placating language of politicians is not transparent. There are public and private views. We have no clue what they think. We don't even know if they compose their own tweets. That's not transparency.

edit on 18-6-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It looks like The Washington Post has five anonymous sources backing up the fact that Trump is under investigation for obstruction.

However, when Trump tweeted that he was under investigation, it was in response to this article. Trump never personally heard that he was under investigation.

In addition, Trump's lawyer admitted that he could not know for certain whether or not there was an investigation into Trump.

As far as this whole mess goes, it sounds to me like Trump wanted to know if he was under investigation, so he asked Comey. Comey said no, so Trump urged him to make that announcement. This is one thing that got Trump in trouble, but I don't see why it is inherently wrong. It seems like the mistake of a novice more than a sinister plot.

Then Trump asked Comey for leniency when it came to Flynn. This also is not too sinister, it even almost sounds altruistic. In the case of Flynn, he was doing a lot of consulting and running his own business. The legal mistakes he made could have been on accident as well.

In the end, I don't think Mueller "has it out" for Trump, he will probably do his job in an unbiased manner and might even clear Trump.

But Trump did make some other mistakes, like asking for Comey's loyalty, although that is a he-said-she-said situation. All of the mistakes could add up to a pattern and together they could bring Trump down. Or, there might not be enough evidence or cause to do anything.

With Trump's lawyer saying he is not under investigation, and five WAPO sources saying he is, I am going to hold off on making a judgment on it.

edit on 18pmSun, 18 Jun 2017 13:29:59 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 18pmSun, 18 Jun 2017 13:30:33 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

believe the guy who is getting the bigger paycheck.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

right an until trump tweeted it was just five unanimous sources, which doesn't really mean much..
trump's tweet added validity to it. so trump's lawyer comes up and says, no, it was just a mistake, he was responding about the news article... which may be true or not... and he goes on to say that trump isn't being investigated, which again may or may not be true... and we are back to fine unanimous sources in an article that ranks about as high as neighborhood gossip!!
but, then his supporters here, unable to admit that maybe trump made a mistake comes up with this weird story about how trump just loves to "trigger" people when he does these stupid things....

which it seems they think that this portrays him in a better light than just admitting that he made a mistake...
after all the crap that was said about the liberals after the shooting this week....
all I can say is that it doesn't put him in a better light!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
fox news is just mean!!!

the poor lawyer must have been making the rounds today trying to clear this up...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

Buddha

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: F4guy

The truth is the fale news media made up the "Mueller investigating Trump" narrrative using unnamed sources.

The truth is Trump mocked the fake news media and the sheep who still believe them when they use unnamed sources.

The truth is the fake news media is now backtracking on that narrative, again using unnamed sources.

Now, my sources are telling me he's begun some preliminary planning," Pierre Thomas, the ABC News senior justice correspondent, said of Mueller on ABC's "This Week." "Plans to talk to some people in the administration. But he's not yet made that momentous decision to go for a full-scale investigation."

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

edit on 18-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Trumps knows that every time he tweets the triggerables goes on a propaganda frenzy.

He really have them wrap around his fingers.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey. something i just learned. its a DOJ rule that they are not to investigate a sitting president themselves.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The guys a genius .
he is playing both sides against each other and just by using twitter .
Originally I thought Is was a bad idea But man wile every one is engrossed in the twitter Trump is using the time to push his ideas through .
I think trump knows exactly what he is doing wile all the haters are distracted over nonsense he is getting things done .
Get two kids fighting over a cookie then just walk up and take it wile they are bussie fighting over who gets it .

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't know what difference it makes if Trump is, or is not, under investigation? You don't get punished until after being found guilty.

With nasty evil people continually re-directing everything back to the Trump administration, he's likely to be investigated off and on for the next 8 years...at least.

The lawyer should just say, "The President might be under investigation, but that won't affect his ability to govern, just like none of the many lawsuits over his life prevented him from becoming a multi-millionaire."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join