It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drinking Tea Modifies Cancer Genes - but Only in Women

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Drinking Tea Modifies Cancer Genes - but Only in Women
www.haaretz.com...

Jury's out on whether the DNA modification by tea is good or bad, but either way, men showed no epigenetic effects from tea habit

What is sure is that tea consumption changes the expression of genes associated with cancer and estrogen metabolism – in women.

One method of genetic regulation we have discovered is epigenetic modification: Some genes are regulated (turned on and off) by adding or removing methyl groups to the DNA.

The new research encompassed just over 3,000 Europeans and involved meta-analyses of the results. Ek also notes that more women were studied than men, making it harder to find significant associations for the male component.

The researchers did not narrow their study to a specific type of tea, or even quantities of tea that would have epigenetic effect on women.

Both coffee and tea have been found to affect the risk of disease, for instance by suppressing tumor progression and decreasing inflammation, and also through influencing the estrogen metabolism. (More precisely: coffee consumption has been associated with lower risk of oral, pharynx, liver, colon, prostate, endometrial cancer and melanoma – but increased lung cancer risk.)

Drinking tea is very good for the body. The question really comes down to if drinking tea really does help modify the cancerous genes by removing the methyl groups from the DNA strands in all woman or just specific race of women? Not sure on this one but if all women, that would be a really sweet find!

The scope of tea as we know it has just begun with so many health benefits yet to be discovered. But for now, as a male, I will stick with my predominant morning coffee...but to you my ladies, have at it with the tea!

edit on 18-6-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Black tea has some good problems with protecting from alzheimers.

But Sage tea actually may be a little better but in a different way for alzheimer disease.
www.nature.com...
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

I read some way more technical stuff on sage, U 0f M medical site got me all fired up and I went on a tangent.

One thing I did find out about Sage that should be known. It blocks lipase activity in the pancrease and in the gut. That can help with high cholesterol...... BUT.....It blocks most lipase activity so coconut oil will not be converted to monolaurin and the coconut oil will not be as effective in treating infections if it is not converted by the lipase. If the coconut oil is already converted to monolaurin, this will not effect it's medical qualities. I noted early that proteinases can destroy lipases, I am just adding another chemistry that can negatively effect the lipases.

I'll stick to coffee, caffeic acid in coffee actually has some cancer preventing properties too. They used to say coffee caused cancer years ago....there was no real evidence to prove that was true. The anticancer properties of coffee overpower the cancer causing effects, it is technically anticancer chemistry.

Tea and coffee are good to help prevent alzheimers too, but they have to have the caffeine and active theobrimide in tea to work. Decaf doesn't work.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
What if they don't identify as being a woman though? Just kidding. Cool find man.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
What if they don't identify as being a woman though? Just kidding. Cool find man.

It is based on genetic hormones, not sex change and estrogen pills.
edit on 18-6-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
very interesting information, but i think it's also depends on the tea

new topics

top topics

join