It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

judge declares mistrial in cosby case

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I don't, but if 30 women all have the same story, i tend to believe them.

You should revisit Salem Witch trials.

Or the witch hunts in Germany, the most prolific.

A wagging finger, pointing , "Wittttch... ye'll burrrrrn".

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: intrptr

Merely pointing out OJ is an outlier from the other cases where we have black people who there is not much evidence but convicted in the public media. OJ is not that case, OJ did it, tons of evidence.

"Evidence" the defense claim was planted by racist LA PD.
of course the defense claims that the evidence was planted by racists. That is always the claim from the defense. And yet he still got off, and the jurors admitted that it was their bias towards a rich Black man.

Against Rodney King verdict, more deeply, against the LAPD, notoriously racist for decades.

Edit: Youre still missing the point, guilty or not these were show trials to foment racism.

Gotta keep the blackman down.

Yawn, wake me when Bill Clinton goes to trial for his behavior.

intrptr out
edit on 18-6-2017 by intrptr because: Edit;

edit on 18-6-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Someone, in this thread, has an agenda.

Can anyone guess who?

Without seeing the evidence and being privy to the details of the trial, all anyone can do is speculate and that's fine. I myself will reserve the right to sit on the fence without full disclosure of said evidence.

Some however, just want to throw around labels with absolute certainty it's justified. Well, it's not. It widens the divide.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Merely pointing out OJ is an outlier from the other cases where we have black people who there is not much evidence but convicted in the public media. OJ is not that case, OJ did it, tons of evidence.

"Evidence" the defense claim was planted by racist LA PD.
of course the defense claims that the evidence was planted by racists. That is always the claim from the defense. And yet he still got off, and the jurors admitted that it was their bias towards a rich Black man.

Against Rodney King verdict, more deeply, against the LAPD, notoriously racist for decades.

Edit: Youre still missing the point, guilty or not these were show trials to foment racism.

Gotta keep the blackman down.

Yawn, wake me when Bill Clinton goes to trial for his behavior.

intrptr out
So you think OJ and Rodney King were not guilty?

For the record, I would love to see Bill Clinton brought to trial for any of his behavior, as well as Hillary, and any other black or white politician who belongs on trial
edit on 18-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

Do you think of yourself as a racist against white people?
edit on 18-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Witches aren't real. Maybe that is your problem.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

hahahahahah
hilarious
witch trials and heresy...

yeah thats the same as a gang of women making claims of rape....

edit on 18-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

This trial is not 30 women, it's 1 woman, so what evidence are you talking about?
The other 29 women that should have been in the case.

So Juries should make decisions based on evidence not presented but that they think should have been? I am glad you are not in charge of the system.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Jeopardy of the defendant begins when the jury is seated, so when a second jury is seated, THAT is double jeopardy! Regardless weather Cosby is innocent or guilty, this BS of continually trying a case is just that BS. In common law, the prosecutor has abandoned the case. The defendant should have objected at the judge declaring a mistrial. Guilty in a criminal case is 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. Obviously the jury seated sees 'reasonable doubt'. In common law this fact prevented a malicious prosecution because even a hung jury ended the matter forever. Our 'legal system' has turned into a for profit (even prisons for profit) tool of enrichment. From family court with its federal matching funds to the victim-less made up drug crimes of the legislatures with its prisons for profit. It is a satanic, disgusting mess!!
edit on 18-6-2017 by craterman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

This trial is not 30 women, it's 1 woman, so what evidence are you talking about?
The other 29 women that should have been in the case.

So Juries should make decisions based on evidence not presented but that they think should have been? I am glad you are not in charge of the system.
That is not what i am saying at all.

There were 30 different women who had similar claims. The prosecution chose 1 woman to go forward with this case. His choice was probably strategic in the sense that if this case fails, he has 29 more chances.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: craterman

Then every defense attorney would simply force mistrials. No thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

awesome, so stick to the 1 woman, this case was about 1 woman, not 30. So far you can't name any evidence that has influenced your posting.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: craterman
Jeopardy of the defendant begins when the jury is seated, so when a second jury is seated, THAT is double jeopardy! Regardless weather Cosby is innocent or guilty, this BS of continually trying a case is just that BS. In common law, the prosecutor has abandoned the case. The defendant should have objected at the judge declaring a mistrial. Guilty in a criminal case is 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. Obviously the jury seated sees 'reasonable doubt'. In common law this fact prevented a malicious prosecution because even a hung jury ended the matter forever. Our 'legal system' has turned into a for profit (even prisons for profit) too of enrichment. From family court with its federal matching funds to the victim-less made up drug crimes of the legislatures with its prisons for profit. It is a satanic, disgusting mess!!
This is a very good point. Our legal system is written to make a loophole for anything. Prosecution and defence. Your verdict depends on how much money you can throw at your defence.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I agree with you that maybe he isnt a rapist like Micheal Jackson wasnt a pediphile, BUT to say that this is all because they are black is RETARDED.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

His idea is biggest loophole ever. Get the Jury to sit then force a mistrial .. you get away with anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

It is BS. A trial based on hear say without any forensics is not a trial, its a witch-hunt.

Sorry out there in lala land, as much as y'all like to see another wealthy black man brought down, the jury became locked over the fact there is none but accusations to go on.

In this case the system worked.

Blah wah...

(backs slowly away)
A mistrial is not proof that the system works. We don't know if he drugged those women or not.

And why would it matter if he is black or not? Sounds like you are calling anyone who believes he did it a racist. That seems a bit biased to me.

I was with my dad for Father's Day and for some reason he was ranting about Bill Cosby and he said "I'm sure they stacked the jury with all blacks."

Dudes comment wasn't too far off, imo.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Thank you for posting this... I agree completely.

Like I heard Damon Wayans put so eloquently... ''How big is Cosby's penis that it gave you amnesia for 40 years?'' People that aren't famous have no idea what its like to have women constantly throwing themselves at you.

Let's let reality sink in for a minute. Who in their right mind is going into a hotel room with a married celebrity, and expecting behaviors to remain sinless. That's right, nobody should be going into a hotel room with another married adult... especially a celebrity of which is used to being sought after for attention.

I hate to say it, as I don't condone sex crimes... but this man is being beaten down just like you said, and I am glad it ended this way. 60 women had 30 to 40 years to put an end to these traumas. How do the earlier women that feel abused not feel any guilt for knowing Cosby would continue.

I hate to say it that it has ties to race too. Why isn't Woody Allen in prison, or that guy from 7th Heaven in prison? It's sad how a black celebrity has to endure their normal lives to be criminal, when white celebrities walk the streets freely for crimes that are far worse than over indulging in celebrity offerings.

www.tmz.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

It's not so much that it was brought about by other races that have an issue with a black man. People have to understand the history of Cosby, and his own relationship with the black culture. Cosby was once the utmost authority on mingling black/white culture. Well, Cosby at on point in time turned his back on the black community, and therefore the last 20 years for him have been dealing with the black community shunning him. It's much the same for Michael Jackson's case... he made it pretty clear that he did not want part of black culture.

Well, a proud culture chose to abandon these great minds... adding color and race into a situation that should not be addressed initially. What we seen in trials for these 2 men, was my witness that the black community will make any black celebrity that does not conform to normalcy's suffer for their choices.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Are you REALLY saying that the judicial system is targeting rich black celebs?

You arent winning anyone over to that thought.

Many would agree that more evidence is needed in this case and that high profile people are sometimes wrongly accused of things just because they are rich and famous, but to play the extra special victim card and say that blacks are somehow more targeted is absurd.

If what you say were true then Jullian assange would be free and uncharged with rape.

IF what you think were true then the laundry list of white celebs that went to jail for everything from tax evasion to speeding would be fake news according to you.

This mentality is what makes me most insensitive to perceived racism. I have been on the receiving end of real racism too, and I still dont care about the torrent of fluff outrage and nonsensical radical positions argued over the years.

You guys are playing the victim in every possible way and honestly I dont care anymore if you actually are hurt by it.

In a reality, people who harp on about fake and invented racism deserve to have racism in their life because they take it everywhere they go.

I hope you guys meet the racist idiots in the world you spend so much time making the rest of us out to be similar to.

I do. Maybe real racism will make you guys check all the BS at the door and stop insulting non racists and people WHO ACTUALLY lived REAL racism.

edit on 6 18 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

No, I mean that black culture shunned Cosby, and moved to use the legal system to bring down a man of which they feel abandoned his culture. I do not feel Cosby did so, but he did indicate his distaste for the choices of his own culture. What we see in present time, is the retribution for doing so.

Black culture doesn't operate like other cultures. Black culture, generally speaking, is one that creates divide on their own by ignoring faults within. It's why we see BLM rally's all while black culture does not rally to end violence within their own communities.

Opinions on culture is not really relevant to this thread, but if what I were saying didn't hold some relevance, than we would have seen Cosby put on trial in the 80's on this stuff. If Cosby never turned his back on the black culture, he would not been targeted to the degree he has been. We could literally line all male celebrities up with these same trials... in the 80's, ludes were the norm, just like all these young kids take prescription pills and molly.

edit on 18-6-2017 by ttobban because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-6-2017 by ttobban because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

ok fair enough. I agree with everything you just said.

Have a good one.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join