It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump, Like No President Before Him, Keeps His Promises

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Does 'In Progress' = Promise kept? If not, those items marked that way should be removed from your list.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
You will never, ever , hear of any accomplishments from the Liberal MSM. It's a 24/7 Trump bashfest and they can't be bothered.
Look for the Liberals to show up in a bit and troll your thread.

Hello, long time liberal long time troll.

No one from the right or the left is innocent, this is true. But when Trump supporters are being labelled as 'ostriches' and the rest of the world is laughing and discovering many of Trumps contradictions you most ask 'what went wrong?' Hindsight is a powerful thing and poor old Trump, who denies any Russian collusion but has officially acknowledged that he was under investigation.

To come full circle look for the republicans to troll the democrats in 3...2...1

edit on 19-6-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Frankly he has done more than I expected just by Killing TPP and leaving the Paris accord. Two biggest globalists policies there.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The real proof will be in the outcomes of his and the GOP's policies over time. Any president can sign an executive order.

Trump is on record saying the replacement bill for Obamacare will offer better coverage at lower costs. That can be measured, and it will take time to do so. We will all have a front-row seat.

Energy and the environment is another area where Trump policies will have a visible effect. Is the air getting dirtier or cleaner? Will waterways that are clean today stay clean tomorrow? Will the U.S. cede leadership in clean energy to China? It's all yet to be seen.

Infrastructure repair is another area, if progress is made, that will be visible to all Americans. If things don't improve, our infrastructure will continue to decay and everyone will see it.

Some of your other in progress items are still in the realm of promises with little action other than rhetoric, particularly denying funding to sanctuary cities and bringing manufacturing back. He says he renegotiating trade deals, but we'll see.

I'm not sure what he's doing to help people in his base, other than the wealthy and those of means to weather storms of social benefit cuts.

edit on 19-6-2017 by icanteven because: Added the line about infrastructure and corrected a typo

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

This whole list means nothing to me if he doesn't keep the one promise that most Americans cared about...arresting Hillary for her damn crimes. He needs to show America that just because you have a high position in government...that you're still not above the law.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'm not sure what he's doing to help people in his base, other than the wealthy and those of means to weather storms of social benefit cuts.

I suspect that will be the outcome in the long term. Average guy, thanks for the support, can't get you anything.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

Instead, Trump will demonstrate that no one, including the President of the US, is above the law by breaking the law himself, and being prosecuted for doing so. Thank you, Mr Trump, for the civics lesson.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Taken directly form his acceptance speech: “I have a message for all of you: The crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20, 2017, safety will be restored,” Trump said in his speech formally accepting the Republican nomination for president.

Did violent crime end on January 20th? He is a failure. Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
This was the reason I voted for Trump. I'm not a big fan of his, but his "drain the swamp" rhetoric and the "lock her up" was where I got sold up river. He did an about-face as soon as he was elected, which made me regret my vote to some extent.

Also, some of his repeals are too broad and sweeping, instead of looking for harmful or unnecessary items to axe. Take the proposal to cut Headstart. It's a wonderful program, and one of the few social programs that I support. Additionally, repealing the internet privacy act was shameful, and allows providers to sell your info. I've also noticed a severe uptick in scam/spam phone calls when this happened.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He broke his promise to repeal obamacare. That's why I wanted him in office. It's something I imagine he got a lot of votes for.

It cannot be fixed. Trying to fix it makes it "Trumpcare" and it's a curse that will burn him just like it burned obama.

I don't want obamacare.
I don't want trumpcare.
I want my healthcare privatized. Keep the government out of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I used to work with a guy who would celebrate setting up a plan. Not carrying it out successfully, just setting it up. Sometimes, not even that. He would congratulate himself when he thought of something good.

He would go around sharing his ideas with everyone and his CV was full of all these amazing projects.

Thing is, none of his projects actually worked. He managed enough spin and momentum to stay in a job for eighteen months max, jumping before he was pushed.

I'm not saying Trump is like this guy but a lot of his diehard supporters sound like him.

Take the Paris Agreement, for example. The US is still in that just as the UK is still in the EU. Sure, the US will come out eventually, like the UK will, but when and how effectively, how many compromises will be made away from the headlines, is anyone's guess.

Border wall in progress? Has the tender progress even started? Heck, has he got Congressional approval yet?

Ending the Cuba policy? What does that even mean? Relations with Cuba are still warmer than they were, say, in 2010.

I'm not saying Trump is a flop. That's another debate.

But there is a lot of kneejerk support for Trump here on ATS and that carries certain risks. Look at the UK, for example. Barely two months ago, Theresa May could do no wrong. Today, the Brexit negotiations started and she has no mandate, no majority and no moral authority.

Celebrate the achievements that have delivered tangible outcomes.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

All I know is that He's decided to fix this country no matter what it takes. The first sign of progress is the crying left.

fix this country?.....he's done nothing but "undo" past "signing statements" and not hire government employees.....jesus, "W" bush looks like a Rhodes scholar next to trump......the first sign of progress is actual legislation....do you righties know what that means?....if not, there are history and government books from 8th grade classes that will explain the details, maybe we can get some kids to send trump a couple of those so he will understand....
edit on 19-6-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I think its great that you claim Trump is "destroying America" and yet provide no evidence. You compare Trump to Hitler and Stalin, yet give no evidence to why this could be so. You claim he is further isolating this country yet we have closer ties to China and not to mention Trump has invited countless foreign dignitaries to the white house. Oh wait, that news has been obscured by the latest tweet explosion. What is yet more delusional is the belief that there are 60 million KKK members in this country, when their base has been dwindling steadily to almost nothing since the end of the civil rights movement. I think its just amazing how someone can stir up so much rhetoric yet have the inability to ever focus on the real problems facing this country and its complex solutions. The majority of what conservatives hear from the left is how much of a mean, terrible expletive he is without any evidence to make it so. If you have a substantial argument, please voice it. If the left keeps spewing hatred, pretty soon they won't have a base to sand on.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Next time you do a half dumb post like this, why don't you show the past presidents promises that hey kept and compare them to each other.Other then that ,this thread is a fake thread with fake and overly, over the top exaggerated statements.

lol, and all the promises that he made didn't impact your life one bit,and thats really the funny thing..nothing he will ever do ,will impact your family or your life but here you are making threads for this embarrassing president, that has the world laughing at you guys.

I guess fox news has more sheaple power then msn and all the other sheaple herder stations. Goooo fox !

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
What´s with jailing Hillary?
What´s with showing his tax returns?

And do you really think that the "promises" he "kept" are good for the average Divided States citizen and taxpayers???
Really???

Then go on with obeying and celebrating the "good deeds" of your "great leader", that destroys the former USA like nobody else could before, not even a Hitler, Stalin, Mao...

While Trump, his puppetmasters, isolate the former USA, till their last friends and partners are SA and scum like that!
And try to start a war, to deflect from the chaos at home!

Yeah, this is the "greatest leader" you ever had, you 60+m of his rightwinger, KKK, Hillbilly, "Make America(not the former USA???) "White" again(ouch, that "education", when was "America" white?) supporters, chose your own butcher, like only the dumbest calves do. And still defend and support the "great leader", that is for the rest of the world the badest running gag ever.

Only 60+m can´t admit that they are fooled....

Heil Trump, please go on, you solve the world from the cowboy problem the sane world suffers from!

They are controlled by fox and trumps mind games, they don't understand and never will because they have no more free will..and its sad and despicable how his advisers understand the IQ level of these people and abuse that knowledge.There should be a law on how much control a persons brain your allowed to take from them,glad people like you and me still have our free will,that's all i can say,glad i'm not a puppet bot sheaple.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

What would your priorities be as president? Want to start a war with ISIS within 30 days of being in office when we can't even get our 9th district clown court to ban terrorists from our country?

And the wall IS going to be built. Money has already been set aside from the appropriations budget to pay for it, and will be offset by the billions of dollars Trump has saved this country by cutting garbage programs that have been proven to never make a difference or work.

My guess is that 24 million Americans in this country DON'T NEED health insurance. Imagine that! Not everyone in this god forsaken country is sick! What a concept.

And yes, lets keep throwing money at our public schools to see what sticks, all the while dumbing down even further our next generation. The fact of the matter is, throwing more money at something doesn't yield better results, despite liberal logic 101. It only lines the pockets of people that keep the status quo right where it is, so our children's stupidity can be perpetuated further. It needs to be fundamentally transformed, and that doesn't take a lot of money, it takes programs that actually WORK, like letting parents decide what is best for their children.

If you think a continuation of Obamas policies would have been even a little bit better, you are delusional. If you think letting immigrants and radicals into this country in droves would have been better than at least TRYING to make our borders more secure, you are out of your mind.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527[/post]

There should be a law on how much control a persons brain your allowed to take from them...

All this talk of free will and you want more laws?
Good luck with all that "free will" you think you possess...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

"Other then that ,this thread is a fake thread with fake and overly, over the top exaggerated statements."

LOL I appreciate your post advice but as I showed another poster, just because you wish it weren't true, doesn't mean it's not.

Obama kept 11 promises. That's according to WAPO. Even if you include compromises as promises kept he barely registers above 50%. www.washingtonpost.com...

Trump on the other hand has kept or is working on ~75-80% of his promises. also according to WaPo.
www.washingtonpost.com...

"lol, and all the promises that he made didn't impact your life one bit"
Reducing taxes will certainly impact my life. Repealing obamacare will certainly impact my life. The conservative supreme court will certainly impact my life. Withdrawing from TPP impacted my life. Withdrawing from the climate deal will have a small impact on my life. His movements on strategic oil reserves and keystone have impacted the lives of every american who drives/rides in/uses a gas powered vehicle/lawnmower/generator/power plant.

But I'll digress. See the only fake and exaggerated statements are yours.

"[trump] has the world laughing at you guys."

Do you really think this is effective? Do you really think anyone cares what the world laughs at? But even if people did care about that, last I checked Merkel wasn't laughing. May wasn't laughing. Xi wasn't laughing. Assad/Putin aren't laughing.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

While I understand and sympathize with this complaint, supposedly this is a three phase approach, with the final phase being what you and I consider full repeal. I'm not going to hold my breath that it happens, but I'll at least watch and hope for it.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Muslim Ban: Kept
Make America Safer Again: Kept. Not a single Muslim terrorist attack since he took over

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join