It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Those Without A Father This Father's Day

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Night Star

Mine too has been gone for a long while now...1986. 'Miss him every single day...and wonder if I'd have made him proud....even a little bit.....

:/

Happy Father's day to all!

MS

I'm sure you have. Even if we screw up sometimes, we try to be the best person we possibly can be. As humans we make mistakes, yet we keep pushing forward to be better individuals.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Always sweet, ma'am.

I did ask my oldest son what he got me for Father's Day.

His reply, "Why does Father's Day always have to be about you. . . DAD!"

Bahahaha! Thanks for the laugh DB!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brian4real
3 years to the day for me. My father's bday was June 18th as well. My family's plagued with ironic bad luck like that. Who dies on their b day? Dad knows I would make that joke at his funeral or wherever...

Wow, that's interesting, born and passed away on the 18th of June. You don't hear that too often.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Giving thanks for the memories of my father-in-law on this day. He passed away in 2015. He was the nicest guy in the world.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingForABetterLife

That is lovely Blue.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Hmm, maybe we celebrate Christmas on different days also, like the Chinese new year conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Hmm, maybe we celebrate Christmas on different days also, like the Chinese new year conspiracy.

That means extra parties. LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I lost my dad last week on the 13th so it hasn't even really been a week. If you could throw a few prayers out for my mother, as tough as nails as she may be I know today has been especially hard.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kobalt7

I am soooo sorry to hear this Hun! I will certainly pray for you Mom. I know the hell my own Mom went through when Dad passed. Hugs!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Thank you, I've been with her all day keeping her busy. You never realize the hole they leave behind until they are gone.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
51 here . Been without a Father all my life ( foster homes as a child 10 )
Made a family at 27 failed at 41 one out of 6 (3 mine 3 she came with ( babies )
I enve you who have a father or succeed as one
.Wile i still have one son out of 6 i managed to salvage ( barly and at 23 even now I can barly keep him from going off the deep end .
heck i forgot fathers day till i seen this post . Wish It had remaind forgotten )
Very depressing i tried to change the future fate or what ever and sit broken waiting to end .
When every thing goes right its really right but when it goes wrong all hell brakes louse .
I will say one thing if a day is needed to remember we are not as different as I think .

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kobalt7
Thank you, I've been with her all day keeping her busy. You never realize the hole they leave behind until they are gone.

Yes, there will always be a space that no one else can ever fill. It is good that you are keeping your Mom busy, that is very important.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar

Never give up, never surrender! Always rise to meet the challenges that greet you. You are trying to do the best you can with your Son, and can't expect any more of yourself. You are not your past. Move forward, you never know what may lie ahead for you. There is still hope for a better tomorrow and that is what I wish for you.

edit on 18-6-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I know your father is smiling right now and thanking you nightstar, giving you blessings and strength. Many hugs.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Thank you little Warrior! Hugs!

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

You are welcome of course

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join